Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Did Hakeem show you the Dream Shake?"

JV: "Yes, I'll try to use it." /sarcasm

He should go for it in one of the preseason games. I just wanna see how that would turn out.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
      "Did Hakeem show you the Dream Shake?"

JV: "Yes, I'll try to use it." /sarcasm

He should go for it in one of the preseason games. I just wanna see how that would turn out.

----

Comment

Demar says the player he's learned the most from on the team USA is kyrie irving, asked him how he finishes at the rim & how he creates off dribble. He also says that he worked the hardest this summer compared to before.

Just can't wait to see Demar's game this year.

Comment

Bebe wearing#92, pretty rare to see a jersey # that high in the NBA
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Anniversary patch.

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
              Demar says the player he's learned the most from on the team USA is kyrie irving, asked him how he finishes at the rim & how he creates off dribble. He also says that he worked the hardest this summer compared to before.

Just can't wait to see Demar's game this year.
              One of Irving's great strengths is the change of pace he has in his drives/dribble...cause he has superior handle skills. If DD improves in that area (he worked on this summer) those tips will help him.

Comment

Changing stations in the car this morning I came across TSN's coverage of Raptors media day with interviews of various players done at Real Sports. The interviewers made it a fun listen I thought. It's the Macko & Caus show's 2nd hour in the following link...

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050#/AUDIO

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                  Anniversary patch.

Does anyone else find these fugly? I hope the jerseys they sell at the acc don't have them...but I suspect I will be wrong.

Comment

The Dream Shake tutorial with the master and student

Comment

Hakeem's been 'mentoring' NBA players for how many years now? And I have yet to see anyone morph into anything even remotely resembling his wizardry.

Comment

Bruno's English is insane considering he could only speak a couple words a few months ago.
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          Hakeem's been 'mentoring' NBA players for how many years now? And I have yet to see anyone morph into anything even remotely resembling his wizardry.
                          Apparently a lot of what he teaches big men is about defence as well since he was 2x DPOY.

Comment

Different positions of course but wouldn't you agree that Kobe does a pretty good imitation when in the post?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                              Different positions of course but wouldn't you agree that Kobe does a pretty good imitation when in the post?
                              Agreed. But is Kobe's move a direct result of Hakeem's teachings?

I guess the point I'm trying to raise is that big men have been flocking to this exclusive camp for a while, costing a reported $10,000 per day, and there doesn't seem to be any noticeable improvement from any of his students.

Edit: Hakeem's camp is basically watching grainy YouTube videos from 1994, combined with peanut butter/jelly sandwiches.

2nd Edit: Oh, and you also get a parting gift.
                              Last edited by Nilanka; Mon Sep 29, 2014, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Agreed. But is Kobe's move a direct result of Hakeem's teachings?

I guess the point I'm trying to raise is that big men have been flocking to this exclusive camp for a while, costing a reported $10,000 per day, and there doesn't seem to be any noticeable improvement from any of his students.

Edit: Hakeem's camp is basically watching grainy YouTube videos from 1994, combined with peanut butter/jelly sandwiches.
                                Hakeem had such a great fluidity to his game that is is hard for the average center to duplicate. They say that in order to change your shot you will need to do it the new way 10,000 times to make it part of muscle memory, how many of his students are putting in that effort to make it work?
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X