is there a chance this year to win 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S.R. wrote: View Post
    I'm extremely skeptical of Chicago. They're gonna have health issues and Gasol's on the downside of his career. Their greatest asset is Thibs, but he'll be working with a flawed core. I bet they end up with a similar W/L to last year.
    All the so called experts have Chicago slated for first seed with Cleveland right behind.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
      First making playoffs then getting the right first round matchup is more important than number of wins.
      Yep I agree. Although I wonder if we'll ever be good enough that we don't have to rely on some matchup imbalance to succeed in the playoffs.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
        Yep I agree. Although I wonder if we'll ever be good enough that we don't have to rely on some matchup imbalance to succeed in the playoffs.
        Just getting last first round is key. More often than not second and third round match ups are very tight and could go either way. The Spurs easily could have lost to OKC if Ibaka didn't miss first two games. Pacers could have easily lost to Wizards. Believing you can win is everything.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
          Although the truth is never so simple. First, we obviously don't know exactly what this team will look like, and whether we will depend on matchups. Second, those are always impossible to predict in the playoffs. OKC beat SAS handily in the season, sweeping them 4-0....but SAS still came out on top in the conf. finals. And before anyone says "yeah, but that's San Antonio", I'm just using it to illustrate a point...I'm sure there are other examples that apply, this is just the first that came to mind because it's recent.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Although the truth is never so simple. First, we obviously don't know exactly what this team will look like, and whether we will depend on matchups. Second, those are always impossible to predict in the playoffs. OKC beat SAS handily in the season, sweeping them 4-0....but SAS still came out on top in the conf. finals. And before anyone says "yeah, but that's San Antonio", I'm just using it to illustrate a point...I'm sure there are other examples that apply, this is just the first that came to mind because it's recent.
            Brooklyn vs Miami!

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
              All the so called experts have Chicago slated for first seed with Cleveland right behind.
              Is that true? Cleveland's going to be fantastic. Why bet against LBJ, and on Rose staying healthy, and even then I can't see the Bulls being the better team.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

53 Wins.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                  Is that true? Cleveland's going to be fantastic. Why bet against LBJ, and on Rose staying healthy, and even then I can't see the Bulls being the better team.
                  Don't know what the legs are on this one, but rumours that Cleveland's in talks with the Pacers on a Waiters for Hibbert swap (+ parts) - http://hoopshabit.com/2014/09/29/nba...e-roy-hibbert/ .

Irving/James/Love/Hibbert would be scary.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Don't know what the legs are on this one, but rumours that Cleveland's in talks with the Pacers on a Waiters for Hibbert swap (+ parts) - http://hoopshabit.com/2014/09/29/nba...e-roy-hibbert/ .

Wow Cleveland is going for it.. for the Eastern conference's sake I hope Indiana says no to it.. but Thompson+Waiters >> Hibbert - at least the Hibbert from last season.

Comment

If waiters goes to Indiana he's gonna average 20 5 5
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

If that happens the cavs are going to win it all.

Hibbert will get kick in ass from trade and playing with 3 all-stars.

Only thing he'll have to do is protect the rim.

I am not sure if I've said it here or not but as cavs are right now they are a great season team likely to win 60 games but I think they'll be exposed in playoffs without a C.....even bosh on cavs would be a beast. If they get Hibbert they are winning 60 games and championship.

Btw I'm discounting Andy V due to near certain injury.
                        Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Sep 29, 2014, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Vegas has the Raps at 49.5 for the over/under. They think 50 wins as well.
                          Complete Odds below.

How bad is it going to be in Philly ?

Vegas has the Knicks and Nets under 500 ball this year but thats won't deter the blow hards down the interstate in NYC.

Westgate SuperBook NBA Win Totals
                          Predicted NBA win totals for the 2014-15 NBA season, posted by the Westgate SuperBook in Las Vegas on Tuesday September 30.

Team Win Total
                          Cavaliers 58.5
                          Thunder 57.5
                          Spurs 56.5
                          Bulls 55.5
                          Clippers 55.5
                          Warriors 50.5
                          Mavericks 49.5
                          Raptors 49.5
                          Rockets 49.5
                          Wizards 49.5
                          Grizzlies 48.5
                          Trail Blazer 48.5
                          Hornets 45.5
                          Heat 43.5
                          Suns 41.5
                          Pelicans 41.5
                          Nets 41.5
                          Hawks 40.5
                          Knicks 40.5
                          Nuggets 40.5
                          Pistons 36.5
                          Pacers 32.5
                          Lakers 31.5
                          Kings 30.5
                          Magic 28.5
                          Celtics 26.5
                          Jazz 25.5
                          Timberwolves 25.5
                          Bucks 24.5
                          76ers 15.5
                          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Sep 30, 2014, 08:46 PM. Reason: added date of vegas posting of odds
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

Nets don't seem to be on that list...unless I'm blind.

Comment

When editing for bolding and sticking in the date of the vegas posting i deleted the nets... foreshadowing i hope :-)
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                When editing for bolding and sticking in the date of the vegas posting i deleted the nets... foreshadowing i hope :-)
                                Yeah, I was curious how they ranked them against the Knicks....looks about right.

Comment

Working...
                                X