Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darko quits basketball to become a kickboxer...no joke!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darko quits basketball to become a kickboxer...no joke!

Darko Milicic, the man drafted after Lebron James, before Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade, has officially given up on playing basketball professionally and will now try his hand at kickboxing.

According to a report from NBASerbia.com, the 7-feet, 275 pound center has signed a contract to become a professional kickboxer in his native Serbia. The article goes on to add that Milicic’s first bout will be announced on Wednesday.
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/200...ckboxing-74371

Can you imagine getting kicked in the head by that guy? Think Ned Stark at the end of season one of Game of Thrones.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Can you imagine getting kicked in the head by that guy? Think Ned Stark at the end of season one of Game of Thrones.

I have a hard time believing Darko will be successful in his new career. He was a bit of a wallflower on the basketball court.
      Last edited by stretch; Wed Sep 24, 2014, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Fighting against trained 7footer.. that would suck.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
          I have a hard time believing Darko will be successful in his new career. He was a bit of a wallflower on the basketball court.
          There is an skill for imposing your will on people on the basketball court.

You don't need to navigate such a thick rule book of designed to prevent many forms of contact in kick boxing

In kick boxing its your fists, your feet, your reflexes, etc. It's totally different. Don't assume he's a pussy just because he's not knocking guys on their asses during games of ball. Some of the meanest, toughest bastards I've ever met were of the quiet variety but you disrespect them? Clear the lane, just get out of the way haha.

Comment

At least his name will make his prefight presentation epic. He could wear a super hero costume.
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

He has the potential to be an absolute beast!

Comment

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                  Lol... announcer said "NBA Champion"... did something get lost in translation there? Or did Darko get a chip somewhere that I don't remember?

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                    Lol... announcer said "NBA Champion"... did something get lost in translation there? Or did Darko get a chip somewhere that I don't remember?
                    He did as a rookie. That was the year Detroit won.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      He did as a rookie. That was the year Detroit won.
                      This is true!

Comment

They said he is the youngest nba champion. Just confirmed that he is the youngest to play in a nba finals game.

Comment

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                            lol he lost cuz the cut on his leg was too deep

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                              Pistons 2003. Champion on paper, chump on talent.

Just like Ginger Scalabrine, NBA champion 2008

Comment

Working...
                              X