No announcement yet.

Ross or Hansborough for Demarre Caroll?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ross or Hansborough for Demarre Caroll?

Here's a trade I'd like to see. Now, you're probably thinking, "WHO IS DEMARRE CAROLL?". Demarre Caroll happens to be the starting SF for the Hawks, and I really like his game. He's more aggressive than Ross and he has a nice 3-point shooter too. He has a year left on his deal, and is Casey's type of guy. I did the trade with Tyler Hansborough originally, but I wouldn't mind dealing Ross to get this guy either.

What do you think of him as a Raptor? He also has a epic nickname: "The Junk-Yard Dog".
    Last edited by Cody73; Tue Oct 21, 2014, 12:00 PM.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

No way you trade Ross, who's 5 years younger and more talented, for Carroll....and I love Carroll. Ideally he's the kind of guy you put into the rotation with Ross and DeMar.

Carroll is a FA after next season, and is a journeyman type player so not somebody you'd have to break the bank on. We could just pick him up in free agency....and if not, probably Hansbrough or JJ are the only guys I'd try to trade for him.

Comment

That's why I said "Ross or Hansborough". I just don't like Ross at SF. He's not a SF, he's a SG. We have Demar, so why play a guy out of position who can go excel on another team at his natural spot? I get Ross is more raw, but we are building a core here. I don't like Ross in that core. I thought he was a reach and will always think he's not a good option at SF.

Glad to see I'm not the only guy who appreciates underrated gems like Demarre though.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
        That's why I said "Ross or Hansborough". I just don't like Ross at SF. He's not a SF, he's a SG. We have Demar, so why play a guy out of position who can go excel on another team when we can get a guy who can help us out more?

Glad to see I'm not the only guy who appreciates underrated gems like Demarre though.
        You're creating an issue where there is none though. Ross and DeMar are "wings". Neither has ideal size for full-time SF duties, but neither is particularly small. And you generally want at least 3 good wings on a team. So you could get Carroll, and all 3 of he, Ross and DeMar can excel. You don't need to send Ross somewhere else to excel.

*Basically there's absolutely no reason for Ross to be part of this discussion. Again, especially when Carroll is a free agent next summer.
        Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Sep 23, 2014, 02:55 PM.

Comment

"Ross or Hansbrough" in terms of value is like "2nd round pick or 1st round pick" - the resultant deal and likelihood of it occurring are on two different planets. Hansbrough has very limited value in a trade and there's no way the Hawks even consider moving Carroll for him. Meantime, no way the Raptors consider moving Ross for Carroll (who is good, but is also 28 years old and expires and goes to UFA after this season).

Carroll would be a nice backup 3 plan if JJ doesn't work out this year and we have some salary space left over next summer (say, if we decide to re-sign Amir and not chase a big name).
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Wow is all I can say to this idea.

(Leaves trading section of the forum for another few months).
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Why would we do that?
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Updated the trade to include Horford in the deal.

To ATL:
                Amir
                T-Ross
                Hansborough

To TOR:
                Horford
                Carroll
                Axel wrote:
                KeonClark wrote:
                KeonClark wrote:

Comment

I'd say Amir, Ross, 2015 1st and 2016 NYK 1st for Horford and Carroll. Hawks will not settle for a low bid.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                    I'd say Amir, Ross, 2015 1st and 2016 NYK 1st for Horford and Carroll. Hawks will not settle for a low bid.

With the salaries jumping over the next three years the 1st round picks are worth more than you anything, where people must have 5 of their 15 man roster on these type of contracts as well as 2nd Round Picks the top 8 players of each roster will be receiving big monies (large monies).

Additionally, Horford is for two years and Carroll is only a 1 year deal. Too much monies and not enough contract in the trade.

Amir, Ross + 1st Round pick+ Landry or Hayes= Horford plus Carroll.

$15.8 Plus 1st Round Pick= 14.8 Million from Atlanta.

Personally I think that is a reach, unless you can extend Horford.

Comment

Sure, you can propose that all you like, but I think another team beats that offer. Horford is really, really good.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                      X