Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rseal wrote: View Post
    Who's he referring to here?^
    My guess would be either of Jeff Weltman, Bobby Webster, or Dan Tolzman with Weltman and Webster being my top 2 guesses.

Comment

Not sure this is to TL's credit or Masai's (or both) but how crazy different is the outlook of this year? There was only one thing to talk about last year ("tank or no tank"...it almost feels weird to type that). It didn't matter which side you were on...both left you with a yucky feeling. Now, not only are we all (or at least mostly) on the same page that we are excited to do well, we also get the best of both worlds. Every time we play the knicks we can have a "we want your draft pick" chant. A chance to make a playoff run and get a good first round draft pick? Nice. Was it really only a year ago?

Edit: my bad. I was thinking we got next year's pick. Still, it's nice.
      Last edited by Jclaw; Tue Sep 30, 2014, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
        Not sure this is to TL's credit or Masai's (or both) but how crazy different is the outlook of this year? There was only one thing to talk about last year ("tank or no tank"...it almost feels weird to type that). It didn't matter which side you were on...both left you with a yucky feeling. Now, not only are we all (or at least mostly) on the same page that we are excited to do well, we also get the best of both worlds. Every time we play the knicks we can have a "we want your draft pick" chant. A chance to make a playoff run and get a good first round draft pick? Nice. Was it really only a year ago?
        "TWEN-Tee-SIX-Teen-clap-clap-clap,clap,clap!!**

Sweet.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          "TWEN-Tee-SIX-Teen-clap-clap-clap,clap,clap!!**

Sweet.
          So where will the Knicks pick likely be then? If they implode this year, I think their pick is gone so they get no help from the draft. How bad could they be in 2016?

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
            So where will the Knicks pick likely be then? If they implode this year, I think their pick is gone so they get no help from the draft. How bad could they be in 2016?
            It depends.

First, if they implode, that likely results in moving/not re-signing pieces that were part of that implosion.

Second, they do however have capspace next summer, and you know they'll want to try and add at least one good piece...whether they can will probably be a big influence on their 15-16 season.

If they implode and strike out on free agency, they will basically be Melo and a young rebuilding roster. Unless Dolan gets in the way, then they'll make overpriced signings when they strike out, and likely be even worse than Melo + the young rebuilding roster.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
              We also have to remember Denver gets the better of theirs and the Knicks.

We need two teams to be bad to really benefit.

Personally, I think they are going to get worse before they get better.

And Carmelo isn't going to age well.

Comment

Best case scenario is probably 14-18 pick with Denver being a fringe playoff team pretty much guaranteed in 2016. My guess is it gets traded or our pick gets packaged with it to move up to keep the development focused on bebe and Bruno

Comment

draps wrote: View Post
                  Best case scenario is probably 14-18 pick with Denver being a fringe playoff team pretty much guaranteed in 2016. My guess is it gets traded or our pick gets packaged with it to move up to keep the development focused on bebe and Bruno
                  Why is that guaranteed with Denver? It's 2 years away and they're coming off a bad season.

**I truly think that the best-case scenario is actually a pick probably somewhere in the 7-12 range, and while it might not be the most likely scenario, isn't lottery odds crazy or anything.
                  Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Sep 30, 2014, 11:47 PM.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Why is that guaranteed with Denver? It's 2 years away and they're coming off a bad season.

**I truly think that the best-case scenario is actually a pick probably somewhere in the 7-12 range, and while it might not be the most likely scenario, isn't lottery odds crazy or anything.
                    With a lot of money tied up in oft-injured or overpaid talent (Gallinari, McGee, Chandler) with current talent set for big pay days next season (Mosgov, Faried).

Never mind the fact they are one injury to Ty Lawson away from being bad.

Comment

Working...
                    X