Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wall, Beal or Lowry, Derozan for this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on what we know and what we've seen, judging by last years play It goes #1 Curry/Thompson because of scoring, shooting, defence (okay Curry can't defend) then #2 Kyle/DeMar.
    Can't really judge Bledsoe/Dragic because they didn't get a lot of time to play together last year due to injury.
    A lot of the best backcourts are still really young and have tons of room to grow, therefore they are still a mystery. It will be awesome to see who comes out on top this season
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

related: jalen rose ranks the top 10 backcourts in the nba

he has the raps fourth, behind the spurs, warriors, and suns, respectively. hard to argue with the teams ahead of us. he said the hardest call on the list who was higher between us and the wizards.

1. spurs
      2. warriors
      3. suns
      5. wizards
      6. nets
      7. cavs
      8. blazers
      9. clippers
      10. nuggets

Comment

chris wrote: View Post
        related: jalen rose ranks the top 10 backcourts in the nba

he has the raps fourth, behind the spurs, warriors, and suns, respectively. hard to argue with the teams ahead of us. he said the hardest call on the list who was higher between us and the wizards.

1. spurs
        2. warriors
        3. suns
        4. raptors
        5. wizards
        6. nets
        7. cavs
        8. blazers
        9. clippers
        10. nuggets

Just finished the podcast myself I think his rankings are fine except for a couple of caveats:

As Jalen points out emphatically, this is his "best back court" in the NBA not "best starting back court", and it is a "power ranking" at this moment in time. He also is factoring in previous achievements (all-nba appearances) beyond just last season. He did not take previous injuries into account.

So... it would be pretty cut the Suns and Spurs due to injury and not being starters leaving the Raps as the Best back court in the East and second in the league.

Even with as the rankings stand we are still first in the East... and I'm fine with a toss up between us and the Wiz.

Fun fact: Derozan and Lowry were one of four back courts with both players averaging 18+ ppg.

Even funner fact: Derozan and Lowry were the only back court where both players averaged 4+ rebs and 4+ Assists per game. So it's pretty obvious that if you want to talk about most productive box scores than the Raps would be best in the league. Whether or not that is meaningful or not, it's still pretty sweet. Since TV analysts still only talk about box scores it would be great if the started talking about Derozan and Lowry up as "the most productive back court in the league last year"

Last thing: I was actually worried that he was going to have us below both the Nets and Wiz because we didn't get out of the first round and Joe Johnson torched Derozan in that series.
        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Beal is going to breakout this year. I'm saying Wall and Beal.

Comment

#1 we've all learned to stop trying to define DeMar's ceiling. The guy still hasn't plateaued and we don't know how he'll continue to develop. #2 Lowry has basically had one breakout year. Let's see how he follows it up and what he's still capable of. #3 Wall appears to just be starting to get it together, and Beal's proven almost nothing. Their ceiling's "supposed to" be a lot higher, but just a couple seasons ago DeMar's was "supposed to" be lower than All-Star and Team USA.

It's still to early with Washington's backcourt. I'll take Lowry and DD this season, then ask me again next summer.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
            X