Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Lottery Changing?

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

You'll still have teams phoning it in for 12% in the worst four. I think the best way to do it would be if you miss the playoffs you get an equal shot with all the other losers.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

How about the worst four teams have their team presidents in a cage match. Winner gets the #1 pick.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
        How about the worst four teams have their team presidents in a cage match. Winner gets the #1 pick.
        I like your idea but I'm thinking long swords rather cage match.

Comment

We should just ask the top prospects entering the draft which of the bottom 5 teams they'd rather play for.

Ask them their top 3 choices. Then whichever team gets chosen the least by the players gets the top pick.
          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
            We should just ask the top prospects entering the draft which of the bottom 5 teams they'd rather play for.

Ask them their top 3 choices. Then whichever team gets chosen the least by the players gets the top pick.
            That is outside the box.

I like it.

Might need ti invoke lie detector though.

Comment

I don't really care, as I hope it should not affect the Raptors for quite a few years.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                I don't really care, as I hope it should not affect the Raptors for quite a few years.
                That Knicks pick though.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                  That Knicks pick though.
                  oh shit.

If New York (likely) and Denver (a little less likely) are in the lottery two years from now, we could get #1 pick, while hopefully having a playoff run!

Damn....

Comment

oh shit.

If New York (likely) and Denver (a little less likely) are in the lottery two years from now, we could get #1 pick, while hopefully having a playoff run!

Damn....
                    No, we couldn't. We get the worse of the two, which means it's literally impossible to get the #1 pick. #2 is the crazy theoretical best-case.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      No, we couldn't. We get the worse of the two, which means it's literally impossible to get the #1 pick. #2 is the crazy theoretical best-case.
                      #2 would still be fucking epic.

Any lottery pick while still having a playoff run is fucking epic.

Comment

#2 would still be fucking epic.

Any lottery pick while still having a playoff run is fucking epic.
                        Imagine picking up a Jabari Parker caliber player with our current core *drools*
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Lottery changes not happening.. Owners did not get the required 23 votes:
                          http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...lottery-reform

An effort to reform the NBA's draft lottery process failed to get enough votes to pass at the league's Board of Governors meeting on Wednesday, sources told ESPN.

While the final vote was 17-13 in favor of the reform, according to Grantland's Zach Lowe, that falls short of the required 23 votes needed to push the reform through.

Sources had said the reform had been expected to pass ahead of Wednesday's vote.

So I guess that means no end to the tanking debate.

Comment

apparently raptors voted yes to the reform, but still overall had mixed feelings about it.

Comment

Rejected

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...lottery-reform

Comment

Working...
                              X