Preseason Game #1: Sacramento Kings 94 - Toronto Raptors 99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    I thought Lou and GV were OK defensively with Lou guarding the 1 and GV the 2. Lowry can practice against Fields, Ross and JJ. Gay vs Ross was BKN 2.0. Gay shot over Ross at will.
    There is a reason I mentioned Ross as a defensive match-up for point guards and not wings. Vasquez and sweet Lou over their body of work are defensive liabilities, the whole reason why Williams was deemed expendable in Atlanta was because he didn't fit their defensive philosophy. Lowry has to go up against quick long armed 6"3 guards on a nightly basis, but there is not a single quick 6"3 guard on this roster. Last year, we had 4 point guards. To start the season last year all 3 back-up point guards provided important defensive challenges for Lowry. This year we have 0 that provide a challenge.
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• And yeah........what was with those crazy caboclo eyes?! Is he getting lessons from Sterner?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Telling you, Stiemsma will make the team.
        He lost his job to Ajinca and Withey of all people, if he can't out play those two guys, what makes you think he makes it here? 'bebe' has already got the obligatory, 'big who will never see the floor' roster spot on lock-down, we don't need two of those.

Comment

• Comment

• We need steisma. Who cares who a 28 year old Lowry is practicing against, when Jonas has clearly shown he struggles against guys with size. Practicing against chuck Hayes will do that lol
            Cherry is here to learn the system and get called up if there's an injury

Comment

• Thing is you can't ''call up'' a guy if you have 15 players on your roster already.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                Thing is you can't ''call up'' a guy if you have 15 players on your roster already.
                If only there was a way to make Landry Fields disappear
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Ross got right knee contusion. Day-to-day.

Comment

• Val practices against Magloire and he has 'bebe' to practice against, as well. Again, if the Steimer can't outplay Ajinca and Withey, how does he fit a need here?

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                      Val practices against Magloire and he has 'bebe' to practice against, as well. Again, if the Steimer can't outplay Ajinca and Withey, how does he fit a need here?
                      Meanwhile cherry didn't even get drafted, bounced around from one summer league team to the next with no one wanting him, not even anywhere overseas. and he's known to not be nearly as effective defensively when going against nba level guards.

If he actually gets some play time and shows he's a capable backup, then I suppose why not keep him.

But keeping him on the roster just to be lowrys practice partner?? WTF. Oh and you want rudy gay back too. Jesus Christ.

Comment

He lost his job to Ajinca and Withey of all people, if he can't out play those two guys, what makes you think he makes it here? 'bebe' has already got the obligatory, 'big who will never see the floor' roster spot on lock-down, we don't need two of those.
                        FWIW, k pelton tweeted out during the game that the raps had guaranteed stiemsma's contract. Not sure if that is news.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                          FWIW, k pelton tweeted out during the game that the raps had guaranteed stiemsma's contract. Not sure if that is news.
                          It's been reported by Basketball Insiders for about a month now. They aren't always 100% trustworthy, but they seem sure on this one (they also are the only guys with info on the guarantees for Hamilton and Cherry, 25k each). Hence my surety he makes the team.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'm not considering anything official until its announced on Raptors.com. @iblastoff as I said before Cherry is the least NBA capable of the three.

Comment

I'm not considering anything official until its announced on Raptors.com. @iblastoff as I said before Cherry is the least NBA capable of the three.
                              I didn't say it was official. They could still waive him and keep one of the others, but it means going into the tax to start the season. So I'd say the odds are in his favour. That even sets aside that he actually fills a need (shotblocking 2nd string C), unlike the other two (4th string SF, 3rd/4th string PG).
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'd be shocked if Greg was cut.

Comment

Working...
                                X