Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Why?

Kings are a pretty good organization. They have a great fanbase. Their fanbase rivals the Raptors, Warriors and Blazers as the best in the league IMO.
    Fanbase part is true.

Organization? Think that's much more debatable. For most of their history I'd say they've been a below average organization content with any limited success since they could milk their fanbase as the only major sports franchise in the city. They basically had one brief period (with Webber) where they weren't a laughingstock.

Comment

• Kings were 22nd in attendance last year and dead last the year before
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
        Kings were 22nd in attendance last year and dead last the year before
        I think the biggest factor in that was the uncertainty over ownership and relocation. With the ownership situation solidified and relocation no longer on the table, I expect the Kings' organization to thrive and the fans to come back.

Management is definitely another issue altogether. Their recent draft history has been as bad as the Cavs and T-Wolves. However, they seem to be somewhat heading in the right direction, but only time will tell on that front.

Comment

• Just a note - I'm not saying JV on Cousins would have been good. I'm saying Amir on Cousins was disastrous, and JV on Cousins wasn't even tried. Like I said, I'll give a pass because, preseason, but it's not a good sign, that's for sure.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Kings were 22nd in attendance last year and dead last the year before
            kings were 16th last year. you're looking at total attendance. that doesn't work since every arena has different capacity. their arena is actually pretty small compared to most other markets. thats why they're building a brand new one.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              I think the biggest factor in that was the uncertainty over ownership and relocation. With the ownership situation solidified and relocation no longer on the table, I expect the Kings' organization to thrive and the fans to come back.

Management is definitely another issue altogether. Their recent draft history has been as bad as the Cavs and T-Wolves. However, they seem to be somewhat heading in the right direction, but only time will tell on that front.
              still find it crazy sad and hilarious that portland could have had michael jordan and kevin durant.

Comment

• If you'd ever been to a game in that crappy arena, you'd never suggest a terrible fanbase. I went to an April game last season, between Kings and Lakers, totally meaningless to both teams, and the place was packed to the rafters and rocking.

Comment

• chico wrote: View Post
                  If you'd ever been to a game in that crappy arena, you'd never suggest a terrible fanbase. I went to an April game last season, between Kings and Lakers, totally meaningless to both teams, and the place was packed to the rafters and rocking.
                  ...with Laker fans.
                  Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
                    ...with Laker fans.
                    haha, not based on what I saw & heard. That said, I wasn't basing my view on one game, merely using it as an example of there being a very rapid fanbase there.

Comment

A week into camp, 2nd preseason game, and people are calling out Casey as dumb, moron, etc.. LMAO, not meant to be, but funny as hell.
                      While I haven't coached before, I've taught and mentored guys. And sometimes it's easier to let guys make a shitload of mistakes, and then show them where they went wrong, than try to micro-management and over-protect them off the bat. Give them a little rope and let them show the team what they can and can't do.

It's the preseason, so it's the perfect time to let guys show off (or at least try). If Hansbrough ever questions why he has to crash the boards or get back on D instead of spotting up in the corner, Casey and the team have video evidence of him airballing a three to clarify why.
                      Last edited by bryan colangelo; Wed Oct 8, 2014, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• Alba Berlin just beat the Spurs, and the Spurs played a full team regular minutes. So by the logic of some guys here Popovic should be fired.
                        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                        Because its 2015

Comment

haha, not based on what I saw & heard. That said, I wasn't basing my view on one game, merely using it as an example of there being a very rapid fanbase there.
                          Yeah i was just bugging! I think Kings and Clips fans have a deep hatred of Laker fans. The condescending "Aw it's cute you guys have a basketball team" attitude probably just kills them.
                          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Where's that guy from Sunday's gamethread telling everyone Will Cherry is gonna make this team?

Will Cherry......

I didn't watch the game, but Cherry's only benefit is his defense (3 steals) and his quickness, nothing has changed in my mind. Also, I am not cheering for him, I just think he ends up getting the last roster spot.
                            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                              I didn't watch the game, but Cherry's only benefit is his defense (3 steals) and his quickness, nothing has changed in my mind. Also, I am not cheering for him, I just think he ends up getting the last roster spot.
                              Well if you watched the last game you would concur that Cherry is a terrible PG with zero court vision and cannot shoot at all.
                              I have no idea how someone like him would make this team and you keep saying Lowry needs a practice partner to beat up on but why we gonna waste a roster spot for someone who clearly should not be in the NBA just so Lowry can have a practice guy? ?????
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Well if you watched the last game you would concur that Cherry is a terrible PG with zero court vision and cannot shoot at all.
                                I have no idea how someone like him would make this team and you keep saying Lowry needs a practice partner to beat up on but why we gonna waste a roster spot for someone who clearly should not be in the NBA just so Lowry can have a practice guy? ?????
                                Totally agree. Frankly Lowry will get more out of weird mismatches in practice to force him to deal with bigger defenders. I'm not worried about how Lowry will do on most typical PGs. He's quicker than some PGs, and bigger than others and knows how to use his body when driving to create space. It's the random perimeter defenders with more size that matter. For that, we have Ross, JJ, Fields, heck, we can even throw Caboclo on him at times as that would also be good practice for Caboclo in terms of trying to contain a ballhandler. *There are sure to be times a team uses a longer guy on Lowry to try and slow him down.

And yeah, Cherry was just dreadful offensively last game. He did have 4 assists and 1 TO, but watching him run the O was really really bad. Like, "want to slice open my eyes and pour lemon juice in the wounds because it's more pleasant" bad. If he wants to make the team, he'll have to show way more.
                                Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Oct 8, 2014, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X