Is Garnett a Prick or What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Garnett a Prick or What?

Who knows, maybe he was joking but considering the recent events with KG on the court, I wouldn't put it past him to act like dick to these guys.

Garnett wasn’t exactly welcoming to Pacers rookies A.J. Price and Tyler Hansbrough when he visited Indianapolis this summer to film a Wheaties commercial. As Garnett exited Conseco Fieldhouse, Indiana assistant coach Lester Conner asked him to walk over and meet Price and Hansbrough, who were working out. Garnett wasn’t exactly friendly. According to Conner, Garnett continued to walk out and remarked, “[Expletive] your rookies.’’ Said Price, laughing, “That pretty much let me know where I was at on the totem pole. I thought I was going to have a chance to talk to him for a second so I can say, ‘What’s up?’ and introduce myself. But I guess he shot that down real quick.’’ . . .
    Source - Click here

I Dig it. In this new era of every player being friends (which we complain about), KG remains a hyper competitive ol' soul (which we complain about).

Comment

Still there is a difference between being competitive and an a**hole

Comment

Katman wrote: View Post
        Still there is a difference between being competitive and an a**hole
        Exactly. It's not like this was game-time or anything, plus they're rookies and hold no grudge against him, not yet at least.

Somewhat unrelated but here's Quentin Richardson on the real "toughness" of Garnett and the C**tics:

"I think a few of those guys know they can't just say anything to us," said Richardson. "I'm just real curious to see what those guys will be saying if we weren't in a basketball league, and didn't have referees. I mean it wouldn’t be the same story. I mean they are the world champions and rah-rah-rah, but the tough part I don't factor."

"I come from a neighborhood where you can say what you want to say, but 'til you do something, it don't mean nothing. Some of those guys are happy to get a ring, but you ain't been in the league long enough to talk to people like that. I don't have a lot of respect for that. Like I said, I'd be curious to hear what they have to say in a different setting, I'd be very curious to see that."
        I don't know where I'm going with this, just want to say that Garnett is a bitch and a pussy.

Comment

Garnett is an asshole. No one said you need to be "friends" but young players grow up watching you play, you know?

Totem pole my ass. You might treat rookies differently, but that is more a matter of hazing, usually, like Blake Griffin getting donuts for the team. But to be an asshole about it, is just being an asshole.

Comment

Working...
          X