Nerve injury could end Landry Fields is NBA career next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nerve injury could end Landry Fields is NBA career next year

"It was another disappointing season and off season for the Toronto Raptors Landry Fields. He had a second surgery on his right arm to correct a nerve problem during the season that didn’t help and this past summer’s rehab process didn’t go any better than the previous summer. It’s time to admit, whatever is wrong with Fields’ arm isn’t getting any better and the promising Knicks rookie and sophomore wing’s career could end after this season.

“In terms of (my) shot and the arm, it is still an on-going thing,” Fields said. “I do the best I can with rehab, it is what it is.

“I just try to play the best I can with it and comes to terms with it instead of guessing – try to be the best I can with it.

“I am still working on it, still trying to bring it back to 100 percent and I’ll be doing that until I don’t play basketball.”

Fields can see the writing on the wall about his future in the NBA. Without any improvement to his right arm this season, Fields’ NBA career may be coming to an end.

“Tomorrow I can’t control, but I do understand that my contract might not be the same (next year),” Fields said. “I might not be in basketball after this year.

“At the end of the day basketball is just something I do, it doesn’t define me. As long as I keep it like that, it is not so devastating whenever it ends and it ends for everybody.”"
    http://probballreport.com/should-the...landry-fields/

This injury could end his career for good. I think people should stop making fun of him, ect....
    This injury happen out of no way and because of it he can't even grip a basketball anymore , let alone shoot.

The condition he's dealing with is Ulnar Nerve Entrapment
    "Ulnar nerve entrapment is a condition where the ulnar nerve becomes trapped or pinched due to some physiological abnormalities."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulnar_nerve_entrapment

It looks like Landry has these symptoms
    "Weakening of the grip and difficulty with finger coordination (such as typing or playing an instrument) may occur. These symptoms are usually seen in more severe cases of nerve compression.

If the nerve is very compressed or has been compressed for a long time, muscle wasting in the hand can occur. Once this happens, muscle wasting cannot be reversed. For this reason, it is important to see your doctor if symptoms are severe or if they are less severe but have been present for more than 6 weeks."
    http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00069

I know he's overpaid, but come on guys he has a very serious injury. We shouldn't always diss him and talk crap about him. Its not like he's not trying, cause he is. Lastly, I wish him all the best and hope to see him in a NBA uniform next season.
    Last edited by Abbas; Tue Oct 7, 2014, 08:13 PM.
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Thank you for helping to bring all of this to our attention, I completely agree with you. It is actually really sad what he is going through. I cant imagine the fear he must have deep down, if you think of the stuff he has accomplished in career up until the injury and to come to the realization that it is all ending. We all know he will be fine for he is well educated, but his true potential on the court will know never be known. I for one will show him respect although i really do hate his religion pushing lol

Comment

Day One wrote: View Post
      Thank you for helping to bring all of this to our attention, I completely agree with you. It is actually really sad what he is going through. I cant imagine the fear he must have deep down, if you think of the stuff he has accomplished in career up until the injury and to come to the realization that it is all ending. We all know he will be fine for he is well educated, but his true potential on the court will know never be known. I for one will show him respect although i really do hate his religion pushing lol

I agree with everything but the last statement. Aside from his wife that may be the only thing that is keeping him strong and grounded. He isn't spouting hate on anyone so I really don't see the issue with it.

I really hope that the guy is able to have some kind of impact this season for his own being. Basketball may not define him but without it he is going to go through a huge level of identity crisis.

Comment

Speaking of LF, i think he's starting tonight
        If its true, lets hope he kills it
        Abbas wrote:

Comment

[QUOTE=Abbas;368796]Speaking of LF, i think he's starting tonight
          If its true, lets hope he kills it

http://https://twitter.com/KevinRash...67061262270464
          Abbas wrote:

Comment

I wish him all the best. It is definitely tough to have your dream come true, only for something/someone to take it away. Hope he makes some strides this year.

Comment

Working...
            X