Raptors Rebrand Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    New Orleans Saints are black and gold, and predate the drake.
    The way he wrote it made it seem like he meant black and gold were our team colours before drake

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
      Seen a few of those beforehand.... and I've got a newer set that might be close to the final product.

"Rebrand".
      Yeah right lol
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
        "Rebrand".
        Yeah right lol
        They did claim a few tweaks were gonna be made. This wouldn't shock me.....
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
          Seen a few of those beforehand.... and I've got a newer set that might be close to the final product.

I like the ones posted earlier better, these look way too much like the current jerseys.

Comment

• Sixers new logo:

Sigh. It would be a great cosmic joke if after all the Leiweke/Ujiri hype we ended up with a logo that looks like everybody else's, a Drake jersey, and a treadmill team. Where's the whiskey.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              Sixers new logo:

Sigh. It would be a great cosmic joke if after all the Leiweke/Ujiri hype we ended up with a logo that looks like everybody else's, a Drake jersey, and a treadmill team. Where's the whiskey.
              The entire league is moving towards those type of logo. Our new logo is for sure the one they released, so that's a done deal.

Comment

Sixers new logo:

That secondary Ben Franklin logo may be my favourite logo ever.

Comment

Sixers new logo:

You don't like this? Man, I'd be doing backflips if our stuff looked like this.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Dribblin Ben is still around, so I'm happy.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      You don't like this? Man, I'd be doing backflips if our stuff looked like this.
                      I love the Ben Franklin alternate, just like I love the new Bucks primary. Being unique is risky but I'd rather have something distinct than something bland. The basketball inside a dark circle is so cookie cutter now.

Slate had a good article about the overuse of the basketball in NBA logos:
                      http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_eye/2....html#comments

It is as if a refrigerator manufacturer decided to use a picture of a fridge as its logo; it’s hard to imagine a less evocative, less distinctive, or more boring visual symbol.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                        The way he wrote it made it seem like he meant black and gold were our team colours before drake
                        Lol no man... why the hell would i say that? I didn't say "our" anyways... Black and gold look very sleek and badass IMO as uniform colors. Saints, Army football, Wake Forest Demon Decons... many others. I just think we need to stop calling them Drake jerseys.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                          Lol no man... why the hell would i say that? I didn't say "our" anyways... Black and gold look very sleek and badass IMO as uniform colors. Saints, Army football, Wake Forest Demon Decons... many others. I just think we need to stop calling them Drake jerseys.
                          My mistake man

Definitely thought you meant toronto's

Comment

I love the Ben Franklin alternate, just like I love the new Bucks primary. Being unique is risky but I'd rather have something distinct than something bland. The basketball inside a dark circle is so cookie cutter now.

Slate had a good article about the overuse of the basketball in NBA logos:
                            http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_eye/2....html#comments
                            I disagree actually. How many Premiere Soccer teams all across Europe have some sort of Shield as their logo? Or Major League Baseball teams with the stylized Interlocking Letters? I think the idea of the round logo with a basketball incorporated has become the trademark 'shield' for the NBA. And I like it.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Knew it. Thanks for posting those man.

Comment

Working...
                                X