Raptors Rebrand Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeamEd wrote: View Post
    - This is much, much better without the outer circle.
    - Without the circle it's less of a Brooklyn ripoff too.
    - The grey ball in a red circle that's apparently the real combo just doesn't work. It makes no sense to have the focus of your logo be 50% grey on a black background. That's design 101.
    - I don't like the grey at all.
    - The circular wordmark and font is excellent.
    - There's something about the way the clawmarks follow the curve of the stitches [what do you even call those on a basketball?] that looks off to me.
    - I'm a sucker for monchrome logos, but I guess if anything should be red it'd be the ball.
    - I really like the ball logo just plain on white.
    - Here's what I'm talking about:

You should tweet those logos to Drake or/and Sid Lee. I'm not kidding ya those are 100x better than the one they just released.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      The logo with the '6' must be fake, right?
      Just something someone else posted on a another forum I'm on (says he got it off twitter, hipster kids sporting that saying LOL) ..... the things you notice. Who else would've seen that there was a 6 there though?
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        My guess would be that there are a bunch of high-ranking decision makers in the organization who have no taste, and they veto anything cool.
        If my business needs an agency's help I know not to go to these mofuckas. This looks like a 10 year old working on Adobe photoshop free trial version.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• should've been this tbh
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Nobody is disputing the similarity to the Nets logo, but do you honestly think this is all just a scheme to poke fun of 1/30th of the league?
              No I have no doubts it is kno of the new logo as part of the new look, I'm saying the high contrast black and white and the addition of the circle was a way to poke fun.

Comment

• I'd just like to remind ourselves that a new logo will have little-to-no affect on the on-court product.

We've got some very serious opinions here

Comment

• The more I look at it the more it looks like the type of design you'd see on some rec league team's jerseys.

Which I guess partly was what the Nets logo went for, something really old and simple that could be worn by some guy playing against George Mikan or something.

I don't know, I'll probably grow to like it, it's not so much that it's bad but that it's so much of a copy.

God I'm gonna miss that claw logo though.....best logo in all sports for my money.

Comment

• How can you grow to like it when Nets fans will make fun every chance they get lmao

Comment

• Another thing. I know the clawmarks are clawmarks not claws, but if you take out the wordmark you have the illusion of a hand grasping the ball in the negative space -- see how the red ball on a white background pops up above.

With that in mind, here are a couple that play up that visual device by fiddling with the wordmark and the rotation of the ball.

@EdTubb - edwardtubb at gmail

Comment

• It's almost like they're going towards a logo that looks more like a crest or patch (like some soccer uniforms). Instead of at the centre of the jersey, maybe it's meant to be in the upper corner?

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          How can you grow to like it when Nets fans will make fun every chance they get lmao
                          All we have to do is point to the standings...

Comment

• this one is before and Raptors logo is after lmao.

Comment

• I am still waiting for a tweet saying the previous logo was to shit on Brooklyn and the actual logo will be released soon.

Comment

Begs the question why they're releasing a new logo midway through the season???
                                Now that new merch and jerseys are being produced, the leaks will happen, especially from trademark offices, admins, etc. 'Need to wait for the full unveiling to gauge things properly still.

Comment

Working...
                                X