No announcement yet.

Raptors Rebrand Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's my take. I don't like the new logo one bit. It's bad actually. Here's my interpretation.

photo raptors_logo_zpsd0f9b171.png

In my version, I used the claw as the "T". Just putting this one out there.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
      Here's my take. I don't like the new logo one bit. It's bad actually. Here's my interpretation.

photo raptors_logo_zpsd0f9b171.png

In my version, I used the claw as the "T". Just putting this one out there.
      I like the concept, but the design seems slightly off to me. I'm not trying to be rude or vulgar, but the first thing that came to mind when I looked at the red design was a scrotum. I feel awful writing that, but I'm just telling you like it is. I would imagine that some tweaking to the claw might help, or maybe adjusting the lined in the basketball. They look a little like veins right now, which is likely leading to my problem.

I will likely reread this comment and delete it in five minutes. We shall see..

Comment

• Garbo wrote: View Post
        I like the concept, but the design seems slightly off to me. I'm not trying to be rude or vulgar, but the first thing that came to mind when I looked at the red design was a scrotum. I feel awful writing that, but I'm just telling you like it is. I would imagine that some tweaking to the claw might help, or maybe adjusting the lined in the basketball. They look a little like veins right now, which is likely leading to my problem.

Thanks for your comments. I know I'm putting myself out there. Thanks for your honesty. Just really disappointed in the design that they came up with.
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• gametime wrote: View Post

Sharp. I like this one a lot actually. Where'd you find this?
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            When will they show the jerseys?
            I heard January today somewhere.

Comment

• Garbo wrote: View Post

Are the veins in your balls that pronounced? You might want to get the funberries checked out.

Comment

• Ok this one's nice.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Force Brooklyn to change its logo, either to a net or a vagina. because the raptors are going balls deep into it. The real meaning of Fuck Brooklyn achieves enlightenment

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    Ok this one's nice.

Wow, thats clever use of Vine.

Comment

• Lost in all of this......I guess we're still going to named after an animated character from a nineties' kids movie. Oh well. Nice hat. Go Raptors.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        Lost in all of this......I guess we're still going to named after an animated character from a nineties' kids movie. Oh well. Nice hat. Go Raptors.
                        A raptor is a cartoon character? I think you need to open an encyclopedia
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• anyone think they didn't really mean to release it today? that twitter post may actually have been an accident. it's usually a young intern in charge of social media - wouldn't be impossible

on the other hand, I think the "OMG its a basketball in a circle, therefore it looks like the Nets" is a little overblown.

Last edited by stooley; Sat Dec 20, 2014, 08:07 AM.
                          "Bruno?
                          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            Lost in all of this......I guess we're still going to named after an animated character from a nineties' kids movie. Oh well. Nice hat. Go Raptors.
                            Yeah pretty sure Jurassic Park was not animated lol
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                              anyone think they didn't really mean to release it today? that twitter post may actually have been an accident. it's usually a young intern in charge of social media - wouldn't be impossible

on the other hand, I think the "OMG its a basketball in a circle, therefore it looks like the Nets" is a little overblown.

Pretty much every logo has a ball in it but it's being compared to the Nets logo because of the placement of the words "Toronto" and "Raptors".
                              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                                Pretty much every logo has a ball in it but it's being compared to the Nets logo because of the placement of the words "Toronto" and "Raptors".
                                Huh, fair enough
                                "Bruno?
                                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X