• Nuggets trade

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lhla678

Ross Hayes Fields for Mozgov Chandler Robinson

Valanciunas/Mozgov/Nogueira
    Johnson/Patterson/Hansbrough
    Chandler/Johnson/Caboclo
    DeRozan/Williams/
    Lowry/Vasquez/Robinson

Nuggets do it to get Ross and to save cap space.

We do it for obvious reasons.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post

The Nuggets like Mozgov, and kind of need Mozgov.

Why do they need Ross? They have Afflalo, Chandler and just drafted Gary Harris. Not to mention Gallinari coming back to eat up some SF minutes. *I forgot Foye too.

This trade makes little sense for either team, and definitely no sense for Denver.

I'm not sure what your obvious reasons are. Mozgov won't be happy going back to being a back up. Chandler is a 27 year old role player who's more expensive than Ross. Robinson is literally available every summer, and also wouldn't be happy being a 3rd stringer. This trade could be awful for chemistry.
      Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Oct 9, 2014, 12:29 AM.

Comment

You insane?

Nuggets do not need another SG they got Afflalo, Gallo, Wilson, Harris who are all capable of playing SG
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

This just seems like horrible asset management for the Raps. Give up a guy on a rookie scale contract to get older and more expensive and maybe only slightly better. I'd argue that Chandler might be a bit better right now than ross, but his ceiling is much higher
          Last edited by phdmac; Thu Oct 9, 2014, 11:30 AM.
          Ball Don't Lie

Comment

Yeah, hard pass. No thanks.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

How about Hayes and Landry fields for McGee and than resign Amir to an extension- dump Steemer and keep Jordan Hamilton.

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                How about Hayes and Landry fields for McGee and than resign Amir to an extension- dump Steemer and keep Jordan Hamilton.
                No. No. NO. Why would we want JaVale McGee? What about adding him is a positive?

Comment

Personally coached against his mother when she and her twin played out of Flint Michigan. I think Casey could turn him into a very strong positive in spite of his youthful knucklhead behavior. Strong backup to Jonas. What do you think you have if Jonas goes down this or next year - Bebe is toast for this season.

The dollars are the same for Landry & and what will they achieve this season. McGee - Adds athleticism and the ability to block shots. Something this team could use. Allows you to keep Jordan Hamilton and Steemer and not be over the Cap.

As well, unless you plan to resign Milsap next year than you can have bird rights on Amir and you have a stronger backup 5 and than in 2016 leaves you a 12 million expiring to cover the reupping of DD.

Comment

Personally coached against his mother when she and her twin played out of Flint Michigan. I think Casey could turn him into a very strong positive in spite of his youthful knucklhead behavior. Strong backup to Jonas. What do you think you have if Jonas goes down this or next year - Bebe is toast for this season.

The dollars are the same for Landry & and what will they achieve this season. McGee - Adds athleticism and the ability to block shots. Something this team could use. Allows you to keep Jordan Hamilton and Steemer and not be over the Cap.

As well, unless you plan to resign Milsap next year than you can have bird rights on Amir and you have a stronger backup 5 and than in 2016 leaves you a 12 million expiring to cover the reupping of DD.
                    It's not youthful knuckleheadedness....He just has the lowest bball IQ in the league. Heck, my 12 year old cousin's bball IQ dwarfs his.

I'm not convinced anyone could turn him into a strong positive because of his tremendously low bball IQ.

Also, we have Amir's bird rights anyway.....stronger backup 5 may be a stretch considering he makes like 20 mistakes a minute....and that 12 million expiring is money that isn't currently part of our core or on our books next season (you're trading currently expiring money to get him) and thus is money we could easily have anyway....Not to mention it's about 7-8M too much to pay for a freakin backup C.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      No. No. NO. Why would we want JaVale McGee? What about adding him is a positive?
                      We'll get American coverage on Shaqtin a Fool
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Yes you are correct, but that is better than not playing like Fields who is 12th man on a 10 man team

Comment

Yes you are correct, but that is better than not playing like Fields who is 12th man on a 10 man team
                          How exactly? You want to get an extremely overpaid (for 2 years) low IQ backup C to be the 10th man on our team (at best), and say it's better than having an overpaid 15th man (Fields will probably not even dress for most games if his season goes like the last 2) who's gone after this year, and is actually a high IQ guy who in no way hurts chemistry or muddles rotations. I just don't get it...
                          Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Oct 13, 2014, 03:53 PM.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            It's not youthful knuckleheadedness....He just has the lowest bball IQ in the league. Heck, my 12 year old cousin's bball IQ dwarfs his.

I'm not convinced anyone could turn him into a strong positive because of his tremendously low bball IQ.

Also, we have Amir's bird rights anyway.....stronger backup 5 may be a stretch considering he makes like 20 mistakes a minute....and that 12 million expiring is money that isn't currently part of our core or on our books next season (you're trading currently expiring money to get him) and thus is money we could easily have anyway....Not to mention it's about 7-8M too much to pay for a freakin backup C.

Honestly, his BBIQ isn't that low...

When compared to his general IQ
                            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Working...
                            X