• Tor-mem

Toronto out: Landry Fields, Tyler Hansborough
    Toronto in: Tayshaun Prince

Lowry/Vazquez/
    DeRozan/Lou Will
    Ross/JJ/Bruno
    Amir/2Pat/Prince/Hayes
    Val/Stiesma/Noguiera

Would prefer Gerald Wallace. Memphis won't add salary but Celtics would be dumping 20 over two in exchange for 12+ over one.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Would prefer Gerald Wallace. Memphis won't add salary but Celtics would be dumping 20 over two in exchange for 12+ over one.
      Why would you prefer Gerald Wallace exactly?

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Why would you prefer Gerald Wallace exactly?
        Its not the player, its dumping 2 untradeable players for 1. Allows the team to add Steisma + Cherry and fills the 3 spot with Wallace instead of Hamilton. Not a lot of salary dumps left except Josh Smith and Wallace.

Comment

Its not the player, its dumping 2 untradeable players for 1. Allows the team to add Steisma + Cherry and fills the 3 spot with Wallace instead of Hamilton. Not a lot of salary dumps left except Josh Smith and Wallace.
          Except it also turns two expiring pieces into one with 2 years left. So you dump one fringe rotation player and an end of bencher in order to sign two end of benchers, and pick up a guy with 2 expensive years left who doesn't add much to the team.

Comment

I would do this trade, just so we can keep two of three of Steamer, Hamilton and Cherry. Fields is pretty much useless and Hands Bro is the third PF.
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
              I would do this trade, just so we can keep two of three of Steamer, Hamilton and Cherry. Fields is pretty much useless and Hands Bro is the third PF.
              Well Hamilton is useless. Cherry has proven nothing (so is probably useless). And Steamer is a 3rd string C who does two things, block shots and foul a lot (and we can keep him without making this trade). So I'm not sure how you're upgrading anything...meanwhile you complicate the cap situation.

Comment

Except it also turns two expiring pieces into one with 2 years left. So you dump one fringe rotation player and an end of bencher in order to sign two end of benchers, and pick up a guy with 2 expensive years left who doesn't add much to the team.
                Dumping Fields or Hayes requires a first. Swapping both for Wallace saves the first allows the team to pickup 2 players at the league minimum and adds a player Wallace that is likely to play more than Fields or Hayes this season and next. They could waive or stretch Wallace next season or let him expire when the cap rises in two seasons.

Comment

Dumping Fields or Hayes requires a first. Swapping both for Wallace saves the first allows the team to pickup 2 players at the league minimum and adds a player Wallace that is likely to play more than Fields or Hayes this season and next. They could waive or stretch Wallace next season or let him expire when the cap rises in two seasons.
                  Well this is the first you mention using Hayes. Before it was Hansbrough that was used in the OP's scenario.

But still, it's making a move to sign 1 guy (remember we already have a spot open for what will likely turn out to be Stiemsma) who will have no real impact on the team. I would very much rather just keep Fields, Hayes and Hansbrough around as potential trade filler in a worthwhile trade, or just as expiring money this year.

This trade idea to get Wallace is one of the most inconsequential and pointless trade ideas I've ever seen.

Comment

Well this is the first you mention using Hayes. Before it was Hansbrough that was used in the OP's scenario.

But still, it's making a move to sign 1 guy (remember we already have a spot open for what will likely turn out to be Stiemsma) who will have no real impact on the team. I would very much rather just keep Fields, Hayes and Hansbrough around as potential trade filler in a worthwhile trade, or just as expiring money this year.

This trade idea to get Wallace is one of the most inconsequential and pointless trade ideas I've ever seen.
                    I think Toronto should consider moving Amir to center on the second unit with JJ+2Pats playing the 3-4 on the first unit or JJ plays more PF. Toronto may need a guard and a wing more than C if 2Pats takes more minutes from Amir and JJ isn't our 3.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                      Well Hamilton is useless. Cherry has proven nothing (so is probably useless). And Steamer is a 3rd string C who does two things, block shots and foul a lot (and we can keep him without making this trade). So I'm not sure how you're upgrading anything...meanwhile you complicate the cap situation.
                      Sorry, I think I also misunderstood that you meant the original trade idea, and not raptors999's. I am way more behind the original idea, though I still don't really see a major reason to do it, or why Memphis would. But yeah, turning 2 expiring pieces into one isn't so bad. Also not sure I really would rather have Prince to Hansbrough. Out of all the guys mentioned Hansbrough might be the highest impact player....

Comment

Hard pass.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                        X