Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA is testing 44 minute games

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/10/14/nba...44-minute-game

interesting. not a huge noticeable difference on a game by game basis but a big one over an entire season.

in 82 games at 48 min per game, thats 3936 minutes played every season (not including OT) right now.

if it goes down to 44 minutes, the total would be 3608 minutes.

Thats exactly 4 less games (in minutes) per season.

Go all the way and make it 10 minute periods. Save some wear and tear on the players and give the fans more quality time with their cell phones.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
      Go all the way and make it 10 minute periods. Save some wear and tear on the players and give the fans more quality time with their cell phones.
      well done
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

terrible..
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
          I'd be more than OK with 10 minute periods. Especially during the pre-season (even less, I'd be fine with).

I think I'd probably like something like: 9-10 minutes periods Preseason, 10-11 regular season, 12 playoffs.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Isn't this about shortening the overall length of a game?

I think they should look at the many timeouts (incl. those specifically for tv) especially during the last 5 mins. of a game.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              Isn't this about shortening the overall length of a game?

I think they should look at the many timeouts (incl. those specifically for tv) especially during the last 5 mins. of a game.
              Ah but that would be less commercials aka money. Love how when they talk about shortening the game, the first thing they attempt is take from he actual game, instead of the 100 plus minutes of commercials, halftime, and timeouts.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Four minutes less of basketball, same amount of commercials. Yeaaah, no.
                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
                X