Does Drake even care about this team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Drake even care about this team?

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but i just realized on "0 to 100" he says:
    Fuck all that rap-to-pay-your-bill shit
    I'm on some Raptors-pay-my-bills shit

To me this comes off as real disrespectful, and the cat is out of the bag that he got paid a fairly large sum of money and is probably still cashing checks to sit in the front row. Might not mean as much to y'all, but it sucks that were paying our first real celebrity fan to be a fan. Not exactly spike lee. I may be naive but i had kind of looked at it as a "you promote us, we promote you" deal. Now it just looks like a one way street and that's the only time he's mentioned us in a song. Thanks for nothing drake.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

the lyrics are more in the sense that most rappers can't pay their bills, whereas he's got an nba team even paying him.

it's a wealth/success thing. rappers talk about it a lot.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I don't take offense to it. I mean, I work for the province, so I can say that all y'all pay my bills shit.

Comment

He's already said that he doesn't get paid by the Raptors, I think he just said that in the song to, you know, seem cool or something. Even if he does get paid it'd be nowhere near what he earns as a rapper.

First shout to the Raptors I've ever heard in a big song though, that's nice. Small things like telling KD to come to Toronto during his concert are nice as well (even if it got the Raptors fined).

I think he'll be quite prominent in the ASG in Toronto next season though.

Comment

..and gracias, amigos.

Comment

Thanks for the honest replies guys. My raps fan inferiority complex was shining through again.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
              First shout to the Raptors I've ever heard in a big song though, that's nice. Small things like telling KD to come to Toronto during his concert are nice as well (even if it got the Raptors fined).
              Oh really???

Comment

You're definitely reading too much into this.

You'd have a case (maybe??) if he was hired as the "Global Ambassador" or whatever and we never saw or heard from him again but he's been court side at a ton of games, is always into the action and interacting with the players, was front and centre during the playoffs, and was openly recruiting Kevin Durant this past summer.

I know a lot of people think Drake is a cornball but he's been everything you could have asked and more in his role with the Raptors.

Comment

Drake cares so much about this team that he lint rolls his pants mid-game to make sure he presents his best self at all times. He's serious about this.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

He's like the biggest fan

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                      Oh really???
                      Sticky the realest

Comment

Whether he cares or not, he definitely helped bring back a lot of hype to the Raptors last season, and I am glad that he is a part of the Raptors organization.

Nonetheless, I do feel that he cares.
                        I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                        -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                          Whether he cares or not, he definitely helped bring back a lot of hype to the Raptors last season, and I am glad that he is a part of the Raptors organization.

Nonetheless, I do feel that he cares.
                          This.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but i just realized on "0 to 100" he says:
                            Fuck all that rap-to-pay-your-bill shit
                            I'm on some Raptors-pay-my-bills shit

To me this comes off as real disrespectful, and the cat is out of the bag that he got paid a fairly large sum of money and is probably still cashing checks to sit in the front row. Might not mean as much to y'all, but it sucks that were paying our first real celebrity fan to be a fan. Not exactly spike lee. I may be naive but i had kind of looked at it as a "you promote us, we promote you" deal. Now it just looks like a one way street and that's the only time he's mentioned us in a song. Thanks for nothing drake.
                            I don't like the song where he uses the n-word repetitively. I suspect his lyrics are intended to target certain demographics and perhaps we should not read too much into them. What I want to see is him continue to recruit KD to TO in 2016.

Comment

Im not even sure he's saying raptors... isnt he saying rappers?

Comment

Working...
                              X