Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acy starting for the Knicks this year...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acy starting for the Knicks this year...?

I found this kind of hilarious. So the Knicks have over $35M invested in the power forward spot, and Melo can also play there, but Acy is the early favourite to get the spot. Given Amar'e knees and Bargnani's, well, everything (injuries, softness, etc..), Acy should get plenty of opportunities. Good for him....but still hilarious. Oh, the Knicks...

http://nypost.com/2014/10/15/gritty-...power-forward/

“No I didn’t plan on coming here to start,’’ Acy told The Post with a chuckle. “I planned on coming here and playing hard to earn minutes. I guess I impressed enough with my defense to earn a spot. I don’t know what coach got going if I’m starting or coming off the bench or not playing, but I’ll be happy.’’

When the Knicks traded with the Kings in August for Acy and Travis Outlaw, who has been, by contrast, uninspiring, general manager Steve Mills said the former Baylor combo forward showed enough scrap and liveliness in summer league to merit a deal. The Knicks gave up Jeremy Tyler and Wayne Ellington in the trade.

But Acy, 24, probably wouldn’t have gotten this opportunity if not for Bargnani’s hamstring strain. Bargnani started the first preseason game, but has sat out the last three with the 6-foot-7 Acy promoted over Amar’e Stoudemire at power forward.

“I think that separates myself — just high energy,’’ Acy said. “Not a lot of guys in the league do the things I do. I take pride in it and take pride in my defense and take some pride in being a great overall teammate.’’

Acy, a 2012 second-round pick of Toronto (37th), was traded by the Raptors to the Kings last season in the Rudy Gay blockbuster.

Fisher said from the get-go it’s not the most talented five players who will start and intangibles would factor in. Jose Calderon, Carmelo Anthony and Samuel Dalembert have locked up the starting point guard, small forward and center positions, respectively. Iman Shumpert appears to have staked his claim to the starting shooting guard job.

Then there’s power forward, for which four guys are competing. Aside from Acy, Bargnani and Stoudemire, there’s free-agent signee Jason Smith, who missed time because of the birth of his daughter but lit up the Sixers for 14 points Tuesday night in Syracuse.

“It’s important to have guys like Iman and [Acy] because there’s certain types of intensity and mind-set that’s contagious within the team,’’ Fisher said. “That high motor. Teammates enjoy feeding off it. Right now we have some guys born that way.’’

YES! I love Acy, and he deserves all the good things that will come his way.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

You know the Knicks are bad when!

Kudos to Acy though.

Comment

Good on Acy.

Quick, Masai give the Knicks a call....they're looking for high energy guys...Hansbro for a 1st.

Comment

I love Acy but this speaks to the lack of good players the Knicks have IMO. If Acy is you're staring PF you have some serious problems
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
            I love Acy but this speaks to the lack of good players the Knicks have IMO. If Acy is you're staring PF you have some serious problems
            For the Raptors [1st season, his 2nd season is arguably better], he had:

per 36: 12.2 ppg - 8.1 rpg - 56% FG - 1.6 blk - 1.4 stl

Since then hes gotten fewer minutes per game, increased how many games he's played in a season, and his rebounding has become more efficient.

Hes never started a game however, but if his efficiencies are a true representation of him, he might surprise.
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
              For the Raptors [1st season, his 2nd season is arguably better], he had:

per 36: 12.2 ppg - 8.1 rpg - 56% FG - 1.6 blk - 1.4 stl

Since then hes gotten fewer minutes per game, increased how many games he's played in a season, and his rebounding has become more efficient.

Hes never started a game however, but if his efficiencies are a true representation of him, he might surprise.
              of course they're not a true representation of him. most of that is garbage time minutes. per 36 (and any other projection stat) is useless when you only have minimal minutes to extrapolate from. case in point hes clearly not a .500 3 point shooter even though his rookie year per 36 stat says so.

his second season looks a lot worse than his first.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                Good on Acy.

Quick, Masai give the Knicks a call....they're looking for high energy guys...Hansbro for a 1st.
                Tyler for Acy? I could see both sides doing this.

And how the hell is Sam Dalembert still a starter in this league?! My goodness.

Comment

Dalembert
                  Acy
                  Melo
                  Shumpert
                  Calderon

YIKES!!!!
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Good for Acy.

lol the Knicks.
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                      Dalembert
                      Acy
                      Melo
                      Shumpert
                      Calderon

YIKES!!!!
                      Feel bad for Jose. Dallas was a good fit for him.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X