Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tor - Chi

Amir and Ross for Butler and Taj

Numbers work. Team gets two defensive aces while Chicago get better financial freedom, and from what i'm told are going to shop Butler since they don't plan on overpaying for him.

Fandom aside Butler and Taj would be an upgrade, on both sides of the ball. Love Ross and Amir but it is what it is, plus you don't have to worry about resigning Amir and his wonky ankles, just Butler.

Thoughts?
    @sweatpantsjer

ceez wrote: View Post
    Amir and Ross for Butler and Taj

Numbers work. Team gets two defensive aces while Chicago get better financial freedom, and from what i'm told are going to shop Butler since they don't plan on overpaying for him.

Fandom aside Butler and Taj would be an upgrade, on both sides of the ball. Love Ross and Amir but it is what it is, plus you don't have to worry about resigning Amir and his wonky ankles, just Butler.

Thoughts?
    Definitely not on both sides of the ball.

Amir is far more efficient than Taj offensively, and it's debatable if Taj is really better defensively.

Butler is definitely better defensively than Ross at this point, and is a really strong dude so is prone to less mismatch problems...but he's also a fairly "meh" player offensively. Ross has more overall potential as a 2-way player and is 2 years younger. The argument can be made though that Butler is a better fit since he's already a top 5 defensive wing and a passable offensive player who would slot in nicely beside DeMar and Kyle.

I definitely wouldn't do this deal with Amir and Taj included...I just don't see the point. What makes Taj such a better option?

But I would definitely be open to considering the Ross for Butler swap. Tough call though.

Comment

I would definitely do this deal. But Chicago, I think, laughs you off the phone.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Bulls would never do that.
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
          Bulls would never do that.
          Would the trade Amir +GV + Steemer =Gibson+ Dunleavy+ Kurt H work.

Comment

Working...
          X