Trade Market is God Awful - One Piece Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    Whoa, if we get Carroll along with Horford, I am definitely OK with moving Ross in that deal. Carroll is seriously undervalued.
    Yeah. I'd love to have him. He's also a free agent next summer. I'm still not 100% convinced Millsap is the best move (don't think it could be a bad one though), but it would be kind of funny if next summer we stripped Atlanta of 2 starters in free agency.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
      I think Atlanta is in a holding pattern until their ownership sitch is sorted out.

I think the trade route makes sense as it allows us to stay over the cap. Clearing space for a straight up signing doesn't make sense long term.

I think you gauge the interest in resigning with the agent and make a move on, I would say Millsap over Horford for durability issues. But I would take either, and then McHappy is right, we essentially have 3 all stars with a fourth on the way
      mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      First off, we need to come to the realization Ross is not a SF - he plays one but he isn't.

DD can play SF allowing two PG lineups with Lowry/GV/Williams.

JJ is small forward. You can now keep Hamilton (hypothetically if trade was made before regular season). Fields is still there and a useful defensive player.

Bruno is the real deal in 2 years and Al will be 30. You realize Horford is 28, right? He is 11 months older than Amir.

Horford is a legit all-star when healthy. He pushes the needle.
      I like Bruno a LOT. But I doubting the prospect that he's for sure a quality starter in two years. Not because he can't be. But because I'm not putting all my eggs in a 19-year-old who has just become a millionaire.

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
        I like Bruno a LOT. But I doubting the prospect that he's for sure a quality starter in two years. Not because he can't be. But because I'm not putting all my eggs in a 19-year-old who has just become a millionaire.
        The comment you quoted from thead referred to a comment I made about JV.

Bruno will be more than capable starter around a potential lineup of Lowry, dd, horford, and JV.

All he needs to do is defend and stick open 3s.

That goes for a lot of guys actually.

Comment

Whoa, if we get Carroll along with Horford, I am definitely OK with moving Ross in that deal. Carroll is seriously undervalued.
          Amir+ TRoss+ Hayes +1st round picking = Carroll+ Horford+Payne

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
            Amir+ TRoss+ Hayes +1st round picking = Carroll+ Horford+Payne
            That's not happening. That just seems really lopsided (or is it just me?). I mean, why the heck would they give up Payne? They're already giving up two starters, including the best player (by faaaar) in the whole deal.

Comment

Because we are giving TRoss + 1st round pick

Comment

I like Al Horford as well, but signing him would constitue the biggest signing in Raptors history wouldn't it? I don't know if we are still that attractive a team for players yet. Would an Amir for Taj Gibson trade work? Taj is not as good defensively, but better on offense.

Comment

But we need good defence. Taj would just take more touches than Amir, which would mean even less for JV.

Amir doesn't need plays for him, he's good at being the 5th option and putbacks and such.

We need defence from PF, which he gives.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                    I like Al Horford as well, but signing him would constitue the biggest signing in Raptors history wouldn't it? I don't know if we are still that attractive a team for players yet. Would an Amir for Taj Gibson trade work? Taj is not as good defensively, but better on offense.
                    Trade for him then sign him

Worked well with Lowry

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                      I'm not sure this is true at all. Taj is a better creator in the post (as a scorer)...but it's not like he's dominant, or even very efficient. I always thought Taj's value was mostly on the defensive end. He may even be better than Amir there.
                      Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Oct 20, 2014, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Taj is definitely touted as a defensive player. Can't really say how he compares to Amir because I haven't watched that much of the Bulls or really paid attention to Taj. I was on Blog a Bull and apparently he's somewhat of a black hole on offense; apparently he doesn't really like to pass out of double teams.

Comment

Taj has looked great defensively. And he's a downgrade offensively from Amir, since we already have a post threat in JV. He is elite with the help D though.

But he's played for years in Thibs' system. I am always leery of taking players out of elite systems and expecting them to perform up to those standards. There's a reason teams never win in trades with the Spurs - not only are the Spurs real smart about who they trade and acquire, players just look better there than they would anywhere else.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Amir is better than Taj. Trading Amir for Taj makes no sense, lose flexibility and get worse. Taj is also older.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              I'm not sure this is true at all. Taj is a better creator in the post (as a scorer)...but it's not like he's dominant, or even very efficient. I always thought Taj's value was mostly on the defensive end. He may even be better than Amir there.
                              I don't believe I said Taj was a dominant scorer, but that he was a better scorer than Amir. You can throw him the ball, in the post (once in a while) and let him go to work, as he has some post moves. With Amir, it's more of a cleaning up the glass or when plays break down he gets it in the post situation. Plus keep in mind Taj, has never been a feature PF in the Bulls line up. Amir is more efficient with those clean up's and finishing plays, but that does not mean his is a better scoring option.

Secondly, I wasn't saying Taj is a bad defender. He is quite good, but you put Amir on that roster and into coach Thib's system and I think Amir is the better defender.

Comment

Taj has looked great defensively. And he's a downgrade offensively from Amir, since we already have a post threat in JV. He is elite with the help D though.

But he's played for years in Thibs' system. I am always leery of taking players out of elite systems and expecting them to perform up to those standards. There's a reason teams never win in trades with the Spurs - not only are the Spurs real smart about who they trade and acquire, players just look better there than they would anywhere else.
                                When you say he is a downgrade to Amir on offenes are you referring to Amir being more efficient or are you saying Amir is a better natural scorer than Taj? I agree about efficiency, but not at all about who is the better scoring PF

Comment

Working...
                                X