This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joey wrote: View Post
    You jinxed yourself. LOL Don't tell Lamarcus that you're the reason he's injured.
    Well apparently he's going to try to play through it. Hopefully he decides to at least play through the fantasy playoffs!

Comment

** RECORD BREAKING PERFORMANCE BY SKYWALKERS!!**

In week 15 fantasy history was made in the RR Keeper League! Team skywalkers gets the win AND in the process breaks the record for most points scored in one week with 945! In a post game interview Walker said, "It's about the team. It's about the win. Am I happy to break a record? Who wouldn't be? But we got to keep things in perspective. We got gotta keep moving."

Comment

Jared Sullinger is the latest NBA player to go down for the rest of the season. It happens all to often. Team Skywalker wishes Sullinger best of luck and a speedy recovery, but it's in the best interest of all parties involved to go our separate ways. A buy out is in the works, and Sullinger will be a free agent soon.

Losing Sullinger creates a void in the front court for team Skywalker, and the team will be heading to the trade market for a PF/C. Offers are welcome.

Comment

Apollo Uprising 2015-2016. Book it.

Comment

skywalker wrote: View Post
            ** RECORD BREAKING PERFORMANCE BY SKYWALKERS!!**

In week 15 fantasy history was made in the RR Keeper League! Team skywalkers gets the win AND in the process breaks the record for most points scored in one week with 945! In a post game interview Walker said, "It's about the team. It's about the win. Am I happy to break a record? Who wouldn't be? But we got to keep things in perspective. We got gotta keep moving."
            Same old cliche stuff, eh?? Congratulations. *high fi--... actually, just a solid handshake and a nod shall suffice*

Comment

Keepers For 2015-2016

So I'm coming to grips with the fact I won't be in the playoffs but I think I've set the foundation for a 2015-2016 playoff run now that I have some keepers. Here's what I'm thinking right now today:
              1. Russell Westbrook
              2. Jrue Holiday
              3. Nerlens Noel
              4. Giannis Antetokounmpo
              5. DeAndre Jordan

Comment

I've also been thinking about who I'm going keep. Trying to wittle down the current list of viable keeper-candidates will definitely result in some summertime fantasy bball over-analysis with my BALLSWIN roster being '10-elite deep'. BOH!!
                RR OG

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  So I'm coming to grips with the fact I won't be in the playoffs but I think I've set the foundation for a 2015-2016 playoff run now that I have some keepers. Here's what I'm thinking right now today:
                  1. Russell Westbrook
                  2. Jrue Holiday
                  3. Nerlens Noel
                  4. Giannis Antetokounmpo
                  5. DeAndre Jordan

Not a bad list! Westbrook was a steal. Great pickup.
                  And they were all Auction pick ups eh? Nice drafting.

This is league was super quiet, but I take it people are all pretty happy with their teams, which is awesome! Injuries have killed me this year between Durant and Davis. Was thinking about trading one of them, but figured I wouldn't get proper value with them being injured.

Never too early to start thinking about Keepers!

Comment

Im definitely keeping DMC, Wiggins, Bledsoe and the Big Valboski

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                      Not a bad list! Westbrook was a steal. Great pickup.
                      And they were all Auction pick ups eh? Nice drafting.

This is league was super quiet, but I take it people are all pretty happy with their teams, which is awesome! Injuries have killed me this year between Durant and Davis. Was thinking about trading one of them, but figured I wouldn't get proper value with them being injured.

Never too early to start thinking about Keepers!
                      Thanks man. Fantasy Hoops is not my strong fantasy sport but I think I have a good foundation to get something going next year. I like those five but the rest I hate. LOL

Comment

What has become evident this season is that his Dynasty/Fantasy League needs to remove all the managers who were regularly absent this season.

This league is fun! It's a shame the season was a letdown due to the lack of participation from a third of the managers.
                        RR OG

Comment

Before "we" walk the plank...

Giving teams outside the playoffs something to play for might be an alternative idea (ie: to those teams missing the playoffs, performing up to the end can somehow enhance your draft position).

We use a fairly effective formula in fantasy football, however, that exact model won't work here because the playoffs are structured differently(ie: there is a much high ratio of teams making it to the dance in basketball than the football leagues). That said, maybe someone has an easily implemented idea to give the bottom feeders something to play for? This is the problem, the bottom feeders need a carrot on a stick otherwise you'll always have the same problem only different participants...

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Giving teams outside the playoffs something to play for might be an alternative idea (ie: to those teams missing the playoffs, performing up to the end can somehow enhance your draft position).

We use a fairly effective formula in fantasy football, however, that exact model won't work here because the playoffs are structured differently(ie: there is a much high ratio of teams making it to the dance in basketball than the football leagues). That said, maybe someone has an easily implemented idea to give the bottom feeders something to play for? This is the problem, the bottom feeders need a carrot of a stick otherwise you'll always have the same problem only different participants...
                            We will definitely look to bring the Keeper League back to its former glory this off-season, and I am certainly open to making some changes to spice it up.

Comment

Another idea might be that for every week a team is inactive(ex: dead give away is to look at the time stamps here: http://basketball.fantasysports.yaho...nba/1335/teams) and somebody in the league calls them out on it they get a "strike". Three strikes during the season and they're out at the discretion of the commish or three strikes and they're penalized in the draft in someway.

Just brainstorming, don't mind me if you guys hate these idea.

Comment

BREAKING NEWS!!!!! HISTORY IS ABOUT TO BE MADE!!!

The Raptors Republic Keeper league is now in it's 5th season of operation! And now, for the FIRST TIME ever, we will have a FINALS REMATCH! Never before have the same 2 teams went all the way to the finals in consecutive years!!

And also for the first time ever, ONE of those 2 teams in the FINALS will be the first to have 2 CHAMPIONSHIPS under their belt! Skywalker took the championship in 2010, and Air Dawgs was crowned champion in 2013. Who will be the FIRST to TWO?

Looks like we are building a dynasty in keeper!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X