Horford and Jenkins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horford and Jenkins

iN A TWO for one deal... who could we give up or a three for two.

GV+Amir+ Hansborough for Horford and Jenkins

Switch JJ to the 3rd PF/ SF for Defense and keep Jordan Hamilton.

do u really want lou will or cherry to be our backup pg?

Comment

Some thoughts...

-Don't think the deal looks right. Don't know why Atlanta would want 2 PFs in this deal. They play Horford at C, but he's a F/C, so Amir is probably necessary for the deal...but Hansbrough? They'd have Millsap, Amir, Payne, Mike Scott and even possibly Brand as guys who could play PF, so I don't know if Hansbrough gets them excited. They'd probably have more interest in a reserve C like Stiemsma if we keep him, or even Hayes.

-They are set at PG too. They have Jeff Teague, Shelvin Mack and Dennis Schroeder. Not sure they would have real interest in Vasquez

Amir is the only piece in this deal I think they'd want. And they'd definitely want some kind of youth in the deal too. Don't know what they'd want there, if they'd prefer players or picks. Hopefully picks, and hopefully just one 1st rounder.

Comment

.I Can Smell You. wrote: View Post
        do u really want lou will or cherry to be our backup pg?
        Really want Kirk Hinrich as the backup guard- who could we give up Dunleavy+ Hinrich + Gibson for GV +Landry + steemer + Cherry

Than trade Horford for Gibson + Hayes+ 1st round pick in 2016 (T.O)

KL, Hinrich
        DD, Lou,, Jordan Hamilton
        Ross,JJ , Dunleavy,Bruno
        Horford, Patterson, hansborough
        JV,Amir, Bebe
        Aspirational - yes.
        Hansborough + Dunleavy for a young PG from Phoenix or picks.
        Last edited by Heatdreamer; Sun Oct 19, 2014, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
          Really want Kurt Hinrich as the backup guard- who could we give up Dunleavy+ Hinrich + Gibson for GV +Landry + steemer + Cherry

Than trade Horford for Gibson + Hayes+ 1st round pick in 2016 (T.O)

KL, Hinrich ,Lou
          DD, Dunleavy, Jordan Hamilton
          Ross,JJ , Bruno
          Horford, Patterson, hansborough
          JV,Amir, Bebe
          Aspirational - yes.
          If you really want a guy should you know his real name? If so, it is Kirk Hinrich. Also if Lou is a 3rd stringer to you, why not in clude him in the deal?
          Ball Don't Lie

Comment

phdmac wrote: View Post
            If you really want a guy should you know his real name? If so, it is Kirk Hinrich. Also if Lou is a 3rd stringer to you, why not in clude him in the deal?
            Brain Cramp on the spelling and I should have put Lou behind DD , and than Dunleavy behind TRoss.

KL , Hinrich
            DD, Lou, Jordan Hamilton
            TRoss, Dunleavy, JJ , Bruno (D League)
            Horford, PP,Hansborough
            JV,Amir,Bebe

Lou becomes the 3rd Pg if required , however he backs up DD because his ability to be a natural scorer. More important, expiring contracts still exist Amir , Hansborough, Dunleavy, Lou , Kirk ( team option) totaling $21.7 million plus Cambys $.65 million. For a total of $22.4 million excluding a decision to be made on Jordan Hamilton for 2015/16.

IMO than resign Amir , Lou and Keep Kirk and you have 13 players (including hamilton or Daniels) going forward for the 2015/16 season at $75 million and your 2015 pick which would be the best PG available.

Going into the 2016 season you extend DD and Horford as well as the two RFA (TRoss & JV) plus you have the 1st round pick (Denver or the Knicks) and your MLE as you bump against the luxury tax at $ 95 million.

Than in 2017 we have a lockout because of greed and stupidity.
            Last edited by Heatdreamer; Sun Oct 19, 2014, 08:24 AM.

Comment

I would trade Amir + Ross + 1st round pick for Hoford + John Jenkins

Lowry/Vazquez/Cherry
              DeRozan/Lou Will/Jenkins
              JJ/Hamilton/Bruno
              Hoford/2Pat/Hayes
              Val/Hansborough/Bebe

We keep Cherry + Hamilton, waive Fields + Steisma

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post

Lowry/Vazquez/Cherry
                DeRozan/Lou Will/Jenkins
                JJ/Hamilton/Bruno
                Hoford/2Pat/Hayes
                Val/Hansborough/Bebe

Can't waive fields and I believe you are above the luxury tax apron.

See the alternative trade of Amir+ Hayes + 1st round pick (T.O. In 2016) for Horford + Jenkins . Steemer is waived or packaged in another trade. Horford, JV, PP and Hansborough , BeBe covers the front court.
                Still believe a third point guard can be part of a future trade. Just remember how few minutes were played by the third guard last year. There is enough 10 day trial players can fill that void during the season or who are being waived at the end of the preseason.

If AJ Price is waived by Cavs snap him up.

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                  Can't waive fields and I believe you are above the luxury tax apron.

See the alternative trade of Amir+ Hayes + 1st round pick (T.O. In 2016) for Horford + Jenkins . Steemer is waived or packaged in another trade. Horford, JV, PP and Hansborough , BeBe covers the front court.
                  Still believe a third point guard can be part of a future trade. Just remember how few minutes were played by the third guard last year. There is enough 10 day trial players can fill that void during the season or who are being waived at the end of the preseason.

If AJ Price is waived by Cavs snap him up.
                  Amir is garbage now with the injury, I don't think the Hawks would want the service of Amir.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post

Lowry/Vazquez/Cherry
                    DeRozan/Lou Will/Jenkins
                    JJ/Hamilton/Bruno
                    Hoford/2Pat/Hayes
                    Val/Hansborough/Bebe

Are you feeling OK?

This isn't outrageous.

It ignores luxury tax consequences but isn't outrageous.

Comment

Working...
                    X