The other shoe dropped: fallout from Kobe's ESPN "idiot" comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The other shoe dropped: fallout from Kobe's ESPN "idiot" comments

And so it is today that the Lakers' faithful strain to envision titles with a rejuvenated Bryant supported by Jeremy Lin, rookie Julius Randle and journeyman bigs Jordan Hill and Ed Davis. The view in the Lakers' front office is that any real rebuild will have to wait until after Bryant's retirement. "This has finally come home," says a Lakers insider. "Major players don't want to play with Kobe, and Jimmy is waiting for him to leave.

"It's like the wedding of a child to someone you do not approve of," adds the source about the Lakers' view of Bryant. "If you can't stop it, you simply go through the motions."

About the best you can do is hope it will all be over soon.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/stor...akers-downfall

A scathing article.

Worth the click.

Good find and a good read.

Didnt realize that Kobe was such a diva. I remember his battles with Shaq...but Shaq is a bit of a boor so I was with Kobe on that. But his handling of the Howard & Nash situations was incredibly crass and petty. That is not going to be a good situation in LA. And Lebron is now the undisputed power broker in the league! That must eat at Kobe.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      A scathing article.

Worth the click.
      Well Henry Abbott isn't getting a Christmas Card this year from The Bryants.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

lol
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Wow, an eye-opening insightful piece. Pathetic reality.

Comment

someone had to write something. a few years ago, i doubt they write this but kobe is on his way out and espn isn't dependent on the lakers

Comment

A few years ago, on another message board, I posted about how the Lakers absolutely needed to get rid of Kobe. I said it was the best thing they could do. It's funny, how things pan out. Back then, as was normally the case the guys there said I was an idiot. I dont think I was.... I think shipping that guy back then for assets would look genius now.

I'm in the wrong business.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                A few years ago, on another message board, I posted about how the Lakers absolutely needed to get rid of Kobe. I said it was the best thing they could do. It's funny, how things pan out. Back then, as was normally the case the guys there said I was an idiot. I dont think I was.... I think shipping that guy back then for assets would look genius now.

I'm in the wrong business.

Any tips for the stock market?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                  If 1820 holds over the next couple of weeks, buy on any pull back in the S&P until 2140.

Keep in mind this advice and a toonie gets you a coffee at Timmy's.

Comment

A scathing article.

Worth the click.
                    Just WOW. I suspected, and had read suggestions that this was the case, but had no idea.

Comment

If 1820 holds over the next couple of weeks, buy on any pull back in the S&P until 2140.

Keep in mind this advice and a toonie gets you a coffee at Timmy's.

I'll even give you a timeframe..... Week of January 30 or February 6, 2015.

Lol

But remember it is better to be wrong and make money than be right and not.... So judge accordingly!

Comment

I'll even give you a timeframe..... Week of January 30 or February 6, 2015.

Lol

But remember it is better to be wrong and make money than be right and not.... So judge accordingly!
                        Thanks....hope you keep your crystal ball polished!

The market might get to 2140 by next month the way its been the last few days

Shall follow.

Comment

Thanks....hope you keep your crystal ball polished!

The market might get to 2140 by next month the way its been the last few days

Shall follow.
                          Patience.

Wait for the retest.

Comment

If anyone in the front office had a spine they would be building around Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol right now instead of watching Steve Nash crawl to the finish line, while Kobe chases his scoring title...If they dont get some decent players this is going to be the equivalent of missing shots on purpose to get your triple double...but for TWO YEARS
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                            X