Parliament Hill under attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parliament Hill under attack

So.. Parliament Hill in lockdown after soldier was shot by gunman at national war memorial.

tweets: Eyewitness who saw shooting at Cenotaph from his office says youngish (30) Caucasian male, with black and white headscarf around his head..
    He adds: ...fired three shots, two from point blank range into soldier guarding Cenotaph. Then he raised his rifle and shouted something.
    Video from parliament hill:

Police just confirmed one of the shooters shot dead in parliament hill.

Ottawa police hq, cbc hq, courthouse, schools, library, u of o just all went lockdown.

Comment

How did someone get in there with a gun??? Time to tighten that security! This is pretty crazy.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
        How did someone get in there with a gun??? Time to tighten that security! This is pretty crazy.
        after tonight, security will change drastically.

Comment

so apparently there were 3 separate shootings. One on Parliament Hill , one at Rideau Centre, one at National War Memorial.

Witness said shooter at National War Memorial shouted something and wore arabic scarf.. terrorists maybe? Fucking scumbags. Motherfuckers.
          Last edited by rocwell; Wed Oct 22, 2014, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Effing idiots.

Has Canada employed the US secret service to manage security? HTF did this guy/s carrying a long rifle walk across the street, the lawn area in front and into the Parliament bldgs without being stopped? Some things are just too baffling. Will someone get a promotion?

Comment

doors. lol.

I'm kinda worried about our game tonight. Let's not forget, we'll be playing Israelis team.
              Last edited by rocwell; Wed Oct 22, 2014, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Comment

My mom works at City Hall, been keeping me posted all day. Apparently she usually goes to Rideau Center for lunch ... not today!

This really is unheard of for a city like Ottawa ... scared to see what the implications of something like this are...

Comment

He was from Hamilton. Rest In Peace Cpl. Nathan Cirillo.

Also, ISIS just posted picture of Michael Zehaf-Bibeau. Canadian-born. Dead suspect.

Comment

May Nathan Cirillo RIP

May retribution be swift for ISIS reprobates

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                        Effing idiots.

Has Canada employed the US secret service to manage security? HTF did this guy/s carrying a long rifle walk across the street, the lawn area in front and into the Parliament bldgs without being stopped? Some things are just too baffling. Will someone get a promotion?
                        What's crazier is that there are apparently 70+ cameras on Parliament Hill. How did no one catch this before he got into the centre block at Parliament?

Sad to say, but the days of walking freely on the Hill are likely over now. Total shame.

Comment

Mess with the bull you get the horns I guess. Harpers Government has made its bed, now our own people get to sleep in it.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            Mess with the bull you get the horns I guess. Harpers Government has made its bed, now our own people get to sleep in it.
                            So. Many. Analogies.
                            Or would those be Metaphors? I always get those mixed up.

But seriously, you're absolutely right. This is only happening because Harper wanted to play "ME TOO" with the rest of the Big Guns.

Comment

Shame on you, the Chamberlain philosophy, being expressed cost millions to die.

Comment

Working...
                              X