No announcement yet.

Parliament Hill under attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading stories about our soldiers we lost yesterday and today.

It makes my blood boil. I'm so angry. These Muslim terrorists think we'll run scared. It's just a matter of time until we find a cure of pussy syndrome found in world leaders and human right laws.

Time will come when terrorists will be scared to enter Canada or any other west country.

God bless us and our soldiers.

Comment

Nathan's last pic online: http://instagram.com/p/uWcXP7k5ZI/?modal=true

"Just another day at work #army #Canada #Scottish #Ottawa #kilts #sexy #dam #argylls #canadianarmyFollow"

Comment

Can you imagine if this was an organized terrorist group of a dozen people? I really hope they ramp up security because it's sad that a lone gunman got that far.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          Can you imagine if this was an organized terrorist group of a dozen people? I really hope they ramp up security because it's sad that a lone gunman got that far.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
          It sounds like gunman used staff entrance. There were guards but gunman shot one guard immediately and just run inside. Unbelievable!! Thank god he was alone.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
            Time will come when terrorists will be scared to enter Canada or any other west country.
            Unfortunately, something like this would generally coincide with becoming a country none of us would want to be a part of.

Comment

Why would you want to encourage terrorism to have accessibility to Canada? The country is not a country you wish not to reside or participate if the restrictions on terrorists increase? Will you please clarify your statement!

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                Unfortunately, something like this would generally coincide with becoming a country none of us would want to be a part of.
                Why so?

You got me wrong, I think. I was only talking about weak policies, leaders with one ball and stupid human rights for animals.

I don't mean country needs to become ruthless to begin serious fight with terrorism on Canadian soil.
                Last edited by rocwell; Wed Oct 22, 2014, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Stephen Harper's message to Canada:

'Canada is not immune to the types of terrorist attacks we have seen elsewhere around the world. But let there be no misunderstanding, we will not be intimidated. Canada will never be intimidated. In fact, this will lead us to strengthen our resolve and redouble our efforts and those of our national security agencies to take all necessary steps to identify and counter threats and keep Canada safe here at home, just as it will lead us to strengthen our resolve and redouble our efforts to work with our allies around the world and fight against the terrorist organizations who brutalize those in other countries with the hope of bringing their savagery to our shores. They will have no safe haven.'

Comment

RIP.

Hopefully security gets upgraded and this will not happen again.
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                      Why so?

You got me wrong, I think. I was only talking about weak policies, leaders with one ball and stupid human rights for animals.

I don't mean country needs to become ruthless to begin serious fight with terrorism on Canadian soil.
                      Because of statements exactly like the one posted from Harper:
                      Stephen Harper wrote:
                      In fact, this will lead us to strengthen our resolve and redouble our efforts and those of our national security agencies to take all necessary steps to identify and counter threats and keep Canada safe here at home, just as it will lead us to strengthen our resolve and redouble our efforts to work with our allies around the world and fight against the terrorist organizations who brutalize those in other countries with the hope of bringing their savagery to our shores
                      Its exactly the excuse the Canadian Government needed to employ the exact same "Patriot Laws" that the states did, and we're going to end up with the whole Snowden thing happening here.. if its not already. Only they can sorta justify it.

No doubt Security around Parliament Hill should be, and continue to be, LOCKED down. Why wouldn't it? But I have a feeling they'll do a lot more than just lock down Parliament Hill because of this.

Comment

They're locking down things at the army bases, too. No uniforms worn to/from work. No travel outside the base in uniform. One point of entry only. All members must have proof of identity.

RIP Cpl Cirillo.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

So. Many. Analogies.
                          Or would those be Metaphors? I always get those mixed up.

But seriously, you're absolutely right. This is only happening because Harper wanted to play "ME TOO" with the rest of the Big Guns.
                          So what? They're testing us. But, they have no idea of the beast they've just awoken.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

So. Many. Analogies.
                            Or would those be Metaphors? I always get those mixed up.

But seriously, you're absolutely right. This is only happening because Harper wanted to play "ME TOO" with the rest of the Big Guns.
                            disagree wholeheartedly. this happened because a group of evil people want to cause fear anywhere they are. they want to show the world they are everywhere. saying this is on harper is ludicrous. causing us to give up freedoms and live like we are constantly under attack is exactly what they are after. now they have defeated canada.

Comment

First of all, this is a tragedy - no question. With that said, and meant, I hope people view the following with an open mind.

1) Retaliation remarks - what really can we/Canada do? Are we going to invade a country? Are we going to lock up all Islamic or Muslim people like happened to Japanese in WW2? How has retaliation worked out for the USA after 9/11? 13 years and trillions of dollars later an endless war rages on with things very much WORSE.

2) Stephen Harper remarks - His response is text book of USA responses. How has that worked out? At what expense? Do we really wish to live in a police state? Do we really wish to grant our government more power? When looking at the US, what has their invasion of privacy actually accomplished? NOTHING:

The Obama administration’s credibility on intelligence suffered another blow Wednesday as the chief of the National Security Agency admitted that officials put out numbers that vastly overstated the counterterrorism successes of the government’s warrantless bulk collection of all Americans’ phone records.

Pressed by the Democratic chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee at an oversight hearing, Gen. Keith B. Alexander admitted that the number of terrorist plots foiled by the NSA’s huge database of every phone call made in or to America was only one or perhaps two — far smaller than the 54 originally claimed by the administration.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ots-misleading

3) Beef up security remarks - Harper says taking all steps necessary and redouble efforts. What does this mean? Why weren't current steps enough? With all the cameras and security forces already around Parliament, why didn't someone pick up on this sooner? Who is watching the cameras? There is no excuse for what this person did, the acts are inexcusable. However isn't this why we have cameras and protections agencies to be on guard for such attacks?

4) Is this an organized ISIS attack in Canada or is this a lone wing nut radical? Homegrown terrorist attacks happen. They are awful but they happen. OKC bombing. Unibomber. Montreal massacre. Do the actions of a couple of radicals mean we as a country should live in fear and permit government to infringe on our liberties?

5) When do we look in the mirror?

Both attacks took place after Canada announced this month it would send six jets to take part in air strikes against Islamic State fighters who have taken over parts of Iraq and Syria.

Harper said Canada would now "redouble our efforts to work with our allies around the world and fight against the terrorist organizations who brutalize those in other countries with the hope of bringing their savagery to our shores".

Defence Minister Rob Nicholson said Canada's deployment to Iraq would go on unimpeded.

http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNew...141023?sp=true
                              What are Canada, US, allies doing in other countries? Why are we toppling governments? Libya is in worse shape today than ever with Gadahhfi running the show. Ditto on Iraq. Syria is in shambles. Do you really think this about democracy and freeing people? If you do you're nuts. Why is Saudi Arabia an allyto the West if we care about human rights and democracy? Are you aware if you are in Saudi Arabia and an atheist you are considered a terrorist?

A Saudi court has imprisoned blogger Raif Badawi for 10 years for "insulting Islam" and setting up a liberal web forum, local media report.

He was also sentenced to 1,000 lashes and ordered to pay a fine of 1 million riyals ($266,000; £133,000).

Amnesty International called the verdict "outrageous" and urged the authorities to quash the verdict.

Mr Badawi, the co-founder of a website called the Liberal Saudi Network, was arrested in 2012.

A Saudi newspaper close to the government reported that he had lost his appeal against an earlier, more lenient sentence of seven years and three months in jail and 600 lashes.

Last year he was cleared of apostasy, which could have carried a death sentence.

Mr Badawi had previously called for 7 May to be a "day for Saudi liberals". The website he set up has since been closed.
                              "Ruthless campaign"

Amnesty International describes him as a "prisoner of conscience" and has called for his release.

"Raif Badawi is the latest victim to fall prey to the ruthless campaign to silence peaceful activists in Saudi Arabia," it said in a statement.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-27318400
                              Earlier this month, Saudi human rights lawyer and activist Waleed Abu al-Khair was sentenced to 15 years in prison by a so-called “terrorist court” on charges of undermining the state and insulting the judiciary.

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2...-state-police/
                              Again, why are we in these countries? Before we inserted ourselves in to their lives, what harm were they to Canada? This is all about energy resources. I don't believe Canada is actively trying to control and police the world in THEIR own interests but Canada is a the lap dog to the country doing exactly that.

Lets look at the situation like this:
                              Lets assume that we are here in Canada. Our government is constantly under attack and undermined by a foreign country. That foreign country is pushing their own agenda with no regard to the people of Canada. What if they used violence to achieve their means? How would you feel about that foreign country? After 50 years of meddling, might a violent uprising take root? Might we eventually have enough and take the fight to that foreign country after years of violence in our own country?

The solutions to many of the problems in the world today is to do the exact opposite of what we are doing. It is time for the US to stop policing the world when their true motives are selfish and destructive leaving them to look like complete hypocrites when looking at the state of their own country. It is time for Canada to return to its role as a humanitarian country - not an instigator encouraging the bully to pick on the weaker in the world.

The problem with changing course is when you do that you no longer get the oil in Libya and Iraq or attempt to get the pipelines in Afghanistan and Syria.

Comment

i agree with a lot of your questioning matt but these people throw rocks at people until they die for having sex. A lot of what you are saying is ignoring how we got to be so awesome. freedom costs a buck-o-five, it isn't free. there is a hefty fucking fee.

what i would like to see is canada and harper lead by example and not let us change. look through and see where we could have done better and how we can keep people "as safe as possible" but not knee jerk into wire-tapping etc. these people need to see that what they do has no effect on how the people live.

our lives are better because of freedom, for example we don't throw rocks at people until they die. that has no place in society. might as well burn witches if they don't float. i am proud that our country stands up for that. we live in a time and place where we don't need "world domination" and everyone to follow in line.

i sincerely hope that muslims aren't targeted in canada because of this, i want canada to be a leader in love and understanding. take the fight to these people and continue our way of life.

this is all assuming the incident is related to extremism and not a singular incident.

Comment

Working...
                                X