What's More Important to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's More Important to you?

to keep the draft pick and either draft a player keep him/use him in a trade/ trade hte pick before even drafting a guy or make the playoffs, lose the pick, possibly keep bosh, keep us fans entertained for a bit longer just in case bosh jumps ship and we flunk next season.

in my opinion, i go with the latter because even if we make the playoffs and we still end up losing bosh, we'll do worse next season then this season get a higher draft pick and go from there.

either way were probably in for a nightmare next season, but who knows at least we know we have the ability to get to the playoffs, crazy things have happened in the playoffs. can you say: G-state over Dallas

let's not get ahead of ourselves but crazy things have happened.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

At this time I just want to see all Raptors players playing really hard to get into playoffs and try all the best in 4 playoffs games or so . No tanking, the difference between 16th pick or 17th pick can't be that rewarding. I would love to upset Cavs in first round ... but is a long shot

Comment

insight_tor wrote: View Post
      At this time I just want to see all Raptors players playing really hard to get into playoffs and try all the best in 4 playoffs games or so . No tanking, the difference between 16th pick or 17th pick can't be that rewarding. I would love to upset Cavs in first round ... but is a long shot
      that's not what i'm asking, i';m asking what's more importnat to you. not what's more important to the team and tanking and all that crap. i still wnat them to play hard, but if they don't make the playoffs then what?
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Sorry I didn't make myself clear .... for me is good what is good for the team. Play hard and if they don't make the playoff, I think our first pick anyway goes to Miami Heat. Bosh will decide to stay if Collangelo can quickly pull some trades that proves to CB4 that he can compete next year. Not sure how realistic is this option. The best option is anyway, a sign&trade CB4+Hedo for some young prospects+draft picks+trade exception+expiry contracts.

Comment

I don't think whether the Raps make the playoffs or not will play a significant role in Chris Bosh's decision. The difference between the two, at this stage, is minimal. I think extremes in either success or failure will have a large effect on his decision but whether or not they make or miss the playoffs by one or two games ... I don't see that playing a substantial role.

Therefore, the only positive effect I see is some postseason experience gained from a first round loss and I do not consider that more valuable than a lottery pick ... so I would rather have the pick.
          nbaroundtable

Comment

insight_tor wrote: View Post
            No tanking, the difference between 16th pick or 17th pick can't be that rewarding.
            The Raptors owe Miami a lottery protected pick so the difference in picks is:

(1) Toronto makes the playoffs and has to give their first round pick to Miami
            (2) Toronto misses the playoffs and likely receives the #12 pick since two teams in the West currently have and are likely to finish with better records than the 9th place team in the East.

So a #12 lottery pick or no pick at all. I'd love to see the Raptors keep that opportunity to add another young talent to their roster. This team needs all the influx of quality young talent that they can get their hands on.
            nbaroundtable

Comment

Playoffs, no question. It's not even close. We can get all the picks, so what, doesn't mean shit. You play to win no? And I want to feel the playoffs again. I realize the Raps would probably be 8th, and probably get beaten, but you just never know. We can be a nightmare opponent just because we're so talented and you never know which version shows up - the uninspired, no-effort-showing one, or the motivated, shooting-blitz from all angles (or positions) that can light up any team in this league.
              http://facebook.com/DiseaseMusic

Comment

Have you guys who want the pick instead of making the playoffs looked at who will likely be available at that spot? This draft is weak. it's not worth it to finish out of the playoffs.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

id rather take the playoffs. no matter what spot you get in the playoffs, its still the playoffs. thats where the elite teams are determined. out of 15 teams in your conference, you grabbed 8th spot, thats a 50% success rate. when every season starts, teams dont aim for the finals, they aim for the playoffs. so it doesnt matter if its 1 or 8, you get to play in the playoffs, and its a whole new dimension from then on.

drafts are hard. i guess thats why they call them lottery picks because you really dont know if youre going to win or not. since the start of the NBA, more than half of the #1 picks have been busts. what more the #12 or #17th pick? id rather focus on trades and signings than the draft.

Comment

tbihis,

We don't need to see this team in the playoffs to know they're not "elite". It's been already determined that they're mediocre. The playoffs will lead to disappointment and the loss of a 1st rounder. I'm not sure which side I'm on but I know the Cavs would destroy the Raptors and they lose their 1st rounder in what's shaping up to be a rebuild off-season. Get to watch four extra games or get to see a new rookie play next season?

Comment

tbthis, you went a little off the reservation there. Most number one picks are franchise guys, at worst borderline all stars. Only rebuilding teams with low expectations plan to limp into the play offs. This team was built to win now, it had to win now as it could all be gone July 1st. 8th seed is a massive failure and arguably the worst case scenario. There is a 0 chance of beating Lebron. Stealing 7th seed is another matter, that could get interesting.

This draft is not weak, that's just what gets thrown around every year. Every young prospect that has lottery aspirations will be declaring this year as to avoid getting locked into the new rookie scale. Look at the guys who went after 12 last year: Lawson, Blair, Collison, Beaubois, Casspi and Holiday.

Colangelo, when his hands aren't tied by a stingy owner is pretty freaking awesome at drafts. So the 12th pick is likely to become an impact player right away for cheap.

This team doesn't have cap room, can't sign marquee free agents even if it did and has limited assets to improve via trade. How the hell is this team suppose to improve if not through the draft?

Comment

Everyone is saying this draft is deep. I think an impact rookie to add to the core works better than four and done against the Cavs. I'm not saying I wish for the team to fall out of 8th seed, I'm just stating the obvious in terms of long term benefits.

Comment

Working...
                        X