Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeBron closing in on Jordan

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insid...PERDiem-100330
    Obviously, the larger James versus Jordan argument won't be much of a debate until LeBron picks up some hardware in the postseason. Nonetheless, I can't emphasize enough what an extraordinary accomplishment James' past two seasons represent. We've flinched at comparing current players to Jordan after several previous "next Jordans" were found wanting. But that has put up a mental barrier to a declaration that the numbers see as obvious: In terms of regular-season performance, we're watching the next Jordan.

I'd argue that we can extend that comparison further. When Jordan was at the same stage of his career as LeBron, the press treated him almost exactly the same. Like James, he was a wondrous regular-season performer who had never won anything important and thus couldn't be compared with the likes of Magic Johnson and Larry Bird.

Looking back, that whole notion seems laughable, if not downright quaint … yet we're falling in the exact same trap. Jordan, remember, didn't win a title until his seventh season. As luck would have it, James is in his seventh season, and his odds of winning a crown have never looked better. With the Lakers faltering down the stretch and the Celtics succumbing to age, only James' nemesis from a year ago -- Orlando -- would rate as an even-money proposition to stop him from winning the trophy.
    Is this a coincidence or is Hollinger just playing us with (another) conspiracy of numbers?

What season is Bosh in, his 7th? So I guess Jordan was a loser who wasn't a winner either (I'm not directing this at you Prime, just others who piss on Bosh unnecessarily).

Comment

cornbreadd wrote: View Post
      what season is bosh in, his 7th? So i guess jordan was a loser who wasn't a winner either (i'm not directing this at you prime, just others who piss on bosh unnecessarily).
      rotd

Comment

in all fairness, lebron has carried his team past the first round (to say the least).

Comment

cornbreadd wrote: View Post
          What season is Bosh in, his 7th? So I guess Jordan was a loser who wasn't a winner either (I'm not directing this at you Prime, just others who piss on Bosh unnecessarily).
          how long did it take Jordan to get out of the first round?

Comment

Working...
          X