Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #1 - Atlanta Hawks 102 - Toronto Raptors 109 (F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    This is after a win, imagine how bad it'll be if we lose against the Magic.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
      Wonder what the record for longest active game thread was? This one has been going for a week now!
      And it's not over yet. Surely there must yet be some objective, and balanced, criticism coming of KL's "horrendous" 3/11 shooting night? No? And JV's "horrendous" lazy inbound, when he was put back in with 4:00 left, which led to an easy Teague layup, making it a 3 pt game? No? Surely the only areas that people noticed to objectively criticize aren't just a few DD plays and Casey being "stupid" for doing what every smart coach would do (lmao, that kills me).

Comment

• chico wrote: View Post
        And it's not over yet. Surely there must yet be some objective, and balanced, criticism coming of KL's "horrendous" 3/11 shooting night? No? And JV's "horrendous" lazy inbound, when he was put back in with 4:00 left, which led to an easy Teague layup, making it a 3 pt game? No? Surely the only areas that people noticed to objectively criticize aren't just a few DD plays and Casey being "stupid" for doing what every smart coach would do (lmao, that kills me).
        We have no reason to believe that Lowry's off shooting night, or Jonas' inbound pass are trends that will continue throughout the season.

But DeRozan's poor shot selection has been pretty consistent over the years. There needs to be improvement if this team wants to take the next step.

That's the difference.

Comment

• chico wrote: View Post
          That's the only thing that kind of bugs me. Yes DD forced some shots and didn't have a good offensive game but guys like Terrence and Kyle did the same and they have hardly gotten any criticism at all. The excuse with Kyle used to be that he did other things while DD didn't so that's why he doesn't get as much criticism. But Wednesday night DD finally did other things when his offense was struggling and he still gets more hate than Lowry, who btw had a bad shooting night as well. So what is the excuse going to be now? And Kyle forced some shots too so don't try and tell me all the shots he missed were good shots.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            Lets change the tone of this thread.

Awesome lol!

Comment

• I've got a good temporary solution to end the cat fighting in this thread.. start a Game 2 thread. MACK11 you up for it?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                We have no reason to believe that Lowry's off shooting night, or Jonas' inbound pass are trends that will continue throughout the season.

But DeRozan's poor shot selection has been pretty consistent over the years. There needs to be improvement if this team wants to take the next step.

That's the difference.
                But we should believe that Derozans 25% shooting night WILL continue?
                There shouldn't be any difference between how we judge the two, considering Demar had a higher FG% last year than Kyle Lowry ... 42.9% vs. 42.3%.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  I've got a good temporary solution to end the cat fighting in this thread.. start a Game 2 thread. MACK11 you up for it?
                  I think by the rules, technically I should, since we won... buuut .. I don't know about that. Hahah

Comment

• Gotta keep it going... otherwise we'll end up with nothing.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      But we should believe that Derozans 25% shooting night WILL continue?
                      There shouldn't be any difference between how we judge the two, considering Demar had a higher FG% last year than Kyle Lowry ... 42.9% vs. 42.3%.
                      Lowry eFG% 51.1 TS% 56.7%
                      DeROzan eFG% 45.2% TS% 53.2%

AVG PG eFG% 48.8% TS% 53.4%
                      AVG SG eFG% 49.5% TS% 54.0%

Lowry also had more than double WP (13.1 - 6.1).

Based on the numbers, I see a big difference on how the two should be judged.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Huh. Well, agree to disagree then.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Kyle is definitely more efficient than DD we all know this, but at the same time DD isn't going to shoot 25% for the whole season. We can still expect him to shoot better in the future so to me the point still stands. So to me if Kyle's bad shooting night can be ignored because we all know he will shoot better in the future so can DD's. Yes DD took bad shots but so did Kyle and both missed shots they normally hit as well. Also DD got to the line more and tried to get to the basket a lot. He wasn't completely settling for the long two.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            Huh. Well, agree to disagree then.
                            np

Comment

• Sorry I wrote "so to me" way too many times LOL. Didn't proof read

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                                Kyle is definitely more efficient than DD we all know this, but at the same time DD isn't going to shoot 25% for the whole season. We can still expect him to shoot better in the future so to me the point still stands. So to me if Kyle's bad shooting night can be ignored because we all know he will shoot better in the future so can DD's. Yes DD took bad shots but so did Kyle and both missed shots they normally hit as well. Also DD got to the line more and tried to get to the basket a lot. He wasn't completely settling for the long two.
                                I totally agree.

I even called out Lowry in a few posts and Ross in one of them.

Most of Lowry's dumb shots were at the beginning of the game. The crux of the issue in this situation is when the Raps got up 20 DD went away from what was working well for the TEAM. Passing and moving the ball is a thing of beauty and the Raps were excelling for 75% of the 2nd half. Ball stopping and hero ball nearly cost the game. That is just for major, major criticism. When or if Lowry/Ross/DD/Whoever does it, I intend on voicing my frustration.

Do not forget the thread was derailed by people objecting to well deserved criticism.

Comment

Working...
                                X