Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #1 - Atlanta Hawks 102 - Toronto Raptors 109 (F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chico wrote: View Post
    PS. In his first game of the season, Lebron went 5/15, and compered to DD, had 6 fewer RBs, 1 more AST, 6 fewer STLs, and 3 more TOs. I wonder if Cavs fans are pissing all over Lebron as having "screwed up every time he touched the ball", as "constructive criticism" in a LOSS to the effing Knicks! Blatt must be stupid for playing him 43 minutes, as that must have cost them the game against a bad team.
    Last year Lebron had a 57% raw FG%. He went 5/15 and everyone says he had a horrible game.
    Last year Demar had a 43% raw FG%. He went 4/16 and his defenders say 'that's not so bad'.

The pipe dream for Demar is that he improves to the point that 4/16 is considered 'screwed up massively' not 'he did OK, haters gonna hate'. A more realistic dream is that DD takes 8 shots a game, and gives more to the front court.
    Last edited by Kuh; Fri Oct 31, 2014, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      I think it's absolutely fair to criticize the game performance, or even certain aspects of his performance in that game. Pointing out rightful criticisms of particular aspects of a player's performance within a single game is exactly what a post-game analysis is meant to be, and doing so doesn't mean you're criticizing the player in general, or in overall/absolute terms.

That's why I don't understand the backlash against anybody pointing out negatives in the game, especially when it comes to DeRozan. Hell, I even lead off my criticism with 2 compliments - I said that his overall effort and rebounding impressed me, and said that I was even willing to overlook his dreadfully inefficient scoring night. My only criticism of him was to say that in a game when his shot wasn't falling (and he wasn't getting the calls), his reversion to hero-ball in the 4th quarter (basically poor decision-making to force his own offensive game via ISO-plays) helped fuel Atlanta's run, which almost resulted in a huge blown lead.

You've yet to come back against me with anything to dispute my criticism. You kept telling me to stop bringing up negatives and that "I just don't get it". I think my assessment of DeRozan's game - both the positive and negative aspects - was quite fair. I also think he should easily be able to improve in future games, so it's not like I was criticizing him in general terms; my criticism was limited to the 4th quarter of game 1.
      Bah.

Yours came in the first 5 mins after winning the first game, when the guy also busted two of his own personal records in effort stats. It was needless Debbie Downer stuff. You're free to criticize what you want man, obviously, you just have bad timing really, and they way it comes out when you do that is that you are somehow a higher entity. Now i certainly dont think you're that guy, you seem to me to be pretty cool, but that one post, I thought it was lame so I gave it to you a bit. But even that, was no big deal.... 40 pages later this is insanity hahaha

Comment

• Kuh wrote: View Post
        Last year Lebron had a 57% raw shooting average. When he goes 5/15 this year everyone says he had a horrible game.
        Last year Demar had a 43% raw shooting average. When he goes 4/16 this year his defenders say 'that's not so bad'.

The pipe dream for Demar is that he improves to the point that 4/16 is considered 'screwed up massively' not 'he did OK, haters gonna hate'. A more realistic dream is that DD takes 8 shots a game, and gives more to the front court.
        Do you play basketball?

Comment

• chico wrote: View Post
          1. yeah, I guess you missed it, but it doesn't mean DanH didn't say it. It's there.
          2. the discussion is all about the reactions to the first game, which I compared 2 players' first games. the discussion isn't about careers
          Lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            1)

2) I have seen Lebrons past games, yes. Perhaps not all 842 of them ... Not sure why that makes it so we can't compare their opening game stat lines? They're both basketball players who put up similar stat lines... Fair game if you ask me.

I would never make the comparison myself, but I don't think its fair to call someone "Crazy" when they do.
            Almost is not every. Words have meanings and inappropriate use leads to the hyperbole and exaggeration we're seeing in the comments.

Why can't you compare their opening night lines? It might have something to do with lebron being one of the greatest to ever play EVER and DeRozan having worked himself into the conversation of top 5/6 SG in the game TODAY.

We might as well start comparing Lada's to Lamborghini's if context holds no value.

Has one person here said anything negative about his rebounding and defense (minus not running back after whining over no call)? No.

The issue is his questionable decisions and forcing of the issue with officials that nearly cost the game.

If people don't think that is something to complain or criticize about, especially considering how beautiful the team played earlier leading to a 20 point lead, then I would say we have more DeRozan fans than raptor fans and suggest changing forums to District of DeRozan.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
              Bah.

Yours came in the first 5 mins after winning the first game, when the guy also busted two of his own personal records in effort stats. It was needless Debbie Downer stuff. You're free to criticize what you want man, obviously, you just have bad timing really, and they way it comes out when you do that is that you are somehow a higher entity. Now i certainly dont think you're that guy, you seem to me to be pretty cool, but that one post, I thought it was lame so I gave it to you a bit. But even that, was no big deal.... 40 pages later this is insanity hahaha
              It was my reaction to the team nearly blowing what seemed like an insurmountable lead, which was punctuated by the 3pt shot made while DeRozan was back arguing with the refs instead of worrying about getting back on defense. It certainly wasn't reflective of my overall impression of DeRozan's performance, or of the game itself - which I stated in my first post.

If posts like mine are now being considered over-reacting to the game, then the aggressive responses posts like mine received were even more over-reacting... you'd think I had called for DeRozan's head, when I thought I gave a balanced appraisal (given his horrendous shooting/scoring night, it could easily have been even more negative).

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                Almost is not every. Words have meanings and inappropriate use leads to the hyperbole and exaggeration we're seeing in the comments.
                He quoted him perfectly 2 posts above. When discussing Lebron, he was trying to make a point; a point I was able to see.

mcHAPPY wrote:
                Why can't you compare their opening night lines? It might have something to do with lebron being one of the greatest to ever play EVER and DeRozan having worked himself into the conversation of top 5/6 SG in the game TODAY.

We might as well start comparing Lada's to Lamborghini's if context holds no value.
                They're both cars ... why not?

mcHAPPY wrote:
                Has one person here said anything negative about his rebounding and defense (minus not running back after whining over no call)? No.

The issue is his questionable decisions and forcing of the issue with officials that nearly cost the game.

If people don't think that is something to complain or criticize about, especially considering how beautiful the team played earlier leading to a 20 point lead, then I would say we have more DeRozan fans than raptor fans and suggest changing forums to District of DeRozan.
                Again, this is not about 'criticizing' anything. I'm perfectly fine with criticism. Pretty sure everyone else is too.
                But when the focus of all comments, good and bad, is purely on the "negative that Demar brought", it becomes a bit of a witch hunt. Not to mention "complaining" and "criticizing" are two very different things. I would say this has been more 'complaining' than 'criticizing'.

Comment

He quoted him perfectly 2 posts above. When discussing Lebron, he was trying to make a point; a point I was able to see.

They're both cars ... why not?

Again, this is not about 'criticizing' anything. I'm perfectly fine with criticism. Pretty sure everyone else is too.
                  But when the focus of all comments, good and bad, is purely on the "negative that Demar brought", it becomes a bit of a witch hunt. Not to mention "complaining" and "criticizing" are two very different things. I would say this has been more 'complaining' than 'criticizing'.
                  District of DeRozan it is.

Read through the thread again.

The issue is not the criticism - it is deserved.

The issue is the reaction to the well deserved criticism.

Funny about the origination of the dick rider comments earlier in thread.

Comment

Anybody who criticized anything to do with the game, especially if DeRozan was involved, has been forced to defend not only their criticism, but their 'right' to criticize as well.

I posted a single message that I would've been happy to end on, but wound up having a 2-page discussion, because I was attacked for being the least bit negative, all essentially because I didn't just say "DeRozan is awesome". So yes, my criticism now feels like an ongoing complaint that has been dragged out and made much larger than I ever intended, but I daresay it was a direct result of multiple overly-defensive responses to my original post.

Of course, there are 2 sides to every story... but I think calling it an anti-DeRozan witch-hunt is more than a little one-sided (especially when nearly every poster who criticized one aspect of his game also complimented aspects of his game).

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      Anybody who criticized anything to do with the game, especially if DeRozan was involved, has been forced to defend not only their criticism, but their 'right' to criticize as well.

I posted a single message that I would've been happy to end on, but wound up having a 2-page discussion, because I was attacked for being the least bit negative, all essentially because I didn't just say "DeRozan is awesome". So yes, my criticism now feels like an ongoing complaint that has been dragged out and made much larger than I ever intended, but I daresay it was a direct result of multiple overly-defensive responses to my original post.

Of course, there are 2 sides to every story... but I think calling it an anti-DeRozan witch-hunt is more than a little one-sided (especially when nearly every poster who criticized one aspect of his game also complimented aspects of his game).
                      Bang on.

There is a reason I gave up moderating.

If you want to moderate and be in on the conversation, you can't pick sides based on who shares your opinion.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        Bang on.

There is a reason I gave up moderating.

If you want to moderate and be in on the conversation, you can't pick sides based on who shares your opinion.
                        Is that what I'm doing?

As a moderator, I never take sides. If something is inappropriate, and hasn't already been dealt with by another mod, then I deal with it. But I do enjoy involving myself in the conversations, and to do so one must pick a side of the debate.

On this particular subject, I feel that while the criticisms are justified, the 'weight' with which they have been delivered, compared to the good stuff Demar did on the floor, and the subsequent praise that has garnered, is not proportional.

Yes, the reaction to the post by Calgary was strong, but when aren't responses passionate with regards to Demar? Should be ready for that! LOL
                        Last edited by Joey; Fri Oct 31, 2014, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• Can we move onto Game 2 yet?
                          That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Is that what I'm doing?

As a moderator, I never take sides. If something is inappropriate, and hasn't already been dealt with by another mod, then I deal with it. But I do enjoy involving myself in the conversations, and to do so one must pick a side of the debate.

On this particular subject, I feel that while the criticisms are justified, the 'weight' with which they have been delivered, compared to the good stuff Demar did on the floor, and the subsequent praise that has garnered, is not proportional.

Yes, the reaction to the post by Calgary was strong, but when aren't responses passionate with regards to Demar. Should be ready for that! LOL
                            Are you even reading the thread?

Seriously go start again. Put on your moderator glasses for objectivity.

CRF nailed it. The thread has been over taken with attacks on criticisms and subsequent defence of criticism.

Hero ball and poor coaching decisions nearly blew the game.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                              Can we move onto Game 2 yet?
                              We already won. 100 - 95. 1-1 series tied

Comment

• It's funny how we can't criticize DeRozan because he grabbed 11reb and got 6 steals and of we dare to do such a thing we're called haters

If we agree with another fellow member regarding DD we are called dick riders

Lmao this is ridiculous
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X