Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #1 - Atlanta Hawks 102 - Toronto Raptors 109 (F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
    HOW MANY TIMES AM I GONNA HAVE TO STRESS THAT WE WON THE GAME???????????????????

Sheesh. So we almost blew it. We still held on and beat em. That's what matters. Our bench looked great, and you guys even admit that Atlanta got hot. Casey will address that in practice so we can cream Orlando (and hopefully see Bruno for the 1st time).
    We just need something to talk about, that's all. Seems like an eternity between now and Saturday night

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      We just need something to talk about, that's all. Seems like an eternity between now and Saturday night
      Agreed about that. Just don't understand people getting mad when we win.

P.S. Didn't like T-Ross's game much last night.... but then again, I don't like him at SF.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

P.S. Didn't like T-Ross's game much last night.... but then again, I don't like him at SF.
        Critical or mad?

The only 'mad' I'm seeing is from people who disagree with criticism.

There was so much positive in that game - especially 75% of the 2nd half.

However the criticism is warranted - even if we're not on NBA payrolls.

What has turned the Raptors around so quickly is chemistry and team.

This team is going nowhere with HERO ball whether it is from DD, Lowry, Ross, whoever.

The team is also not going to build on last year with out JV taking a step forward - playing in crucial minutes is part of taking that step forward, IN MY OPINION.

Comment

HOW MANY TIMES AM I GONNA HAVE TO STRESS THAT WE WON THE GAME???????????????????

Sheesh. So we almost blew it. We still held on and beat em. That's what matters. Our bench looked great, and you guys even admit that Atlanta got hot. Casey will address that in practice so we can cream Orlando (and hopefully see Bruno for the 1st time).
          I don't know how long you've been following the Raptors, but I've been doing it for a long time.. basically since day 1. The Raptors have been bad for a very long time.. it's easy to be critical. If they had more sustained success then I'd probably be less critical. Hopefully this year's team proves me wrong

I just hate seeing a big lead slip away in the 4th quarter. I vividly remember that GSW game from last year.. ugh.

Comment

I don't think anyone is necessarily 'mad' about anything that happened last night. It's just that when fellow posters start arguing against valid points made (regardless of whether those points are considered untimely or nitpicking), things can get heated.

Comment

• We're getting to a point as a fanbase where DeMar could drop 82 and some dudes would start a 10 page thread about how he looked off Jonas on a pick and roll in the 2nd quarter.

I'm done.

Comment

• I know discussions can get heated at times so as the season begins just a friendly reminder to all posters of the forum rules.

Cheers

Forty

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...s-amp-Policies

Comment

• I enjoyed the game and the call of the game as well. jack Armstrong made some insightful comments about the team having a on=off switch. Korver was sure hot but we put forth a good effort and our talent of our depth pulled us through. Atlanta is a good team that shares the ball well.

Comment

• NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post
                    We're getting to a point as a fanbase where DeMar could drop 82 and some dudes would start a 10 page thread about how he looked off Jonas on a pick and roll in the 2nd quarter.

I'm done.
                    Why you going to the extremes now? Nobody has said anything remotely close to that!
                    All I'm saying is we need a god damn inside presence it's not about DeMar or Jonas it's
                    that we learned 1st hand that living and dieing by the jumpshots aren't what win. So we an inside threat to balance our offense

But oh no just because posters criticize DeMar you have to get all defensive. Posters will continue to criticize our players regardless of how you feel about it.

I'm done
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      I don't think anyone is necessarily 'mad' about anything that happened last night. It's just that when fellow posters start arguing against valid points made (regardless of whether those points are considered untimely or nitpicking), things can get heated.
                      lol, and when valid arguments against the valid points are made, instead of responding to them, some resort to a "7 foot rabbit under my bed" name calling mob.

Comment

• chico wrote: View Post
                        lol, and when valid arguments against the valid points are made, instead of responding to them, some resort to a "7 foot rabbit under my bed" name calling mob.
                        lol, I feel all nostalgic now.

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          Why you going to the extremes now? Nobody has said anything remotely close to that!
                          All I'm saying is we need a god damn inside presence it's not about DeMar or Jonas it's
                          that we learned 1st hand that living and dieing by the jumpshots aren't what win. So we an inside threat to balance our offense

But oh no just because posters criticize DeMar you have to get all defensive. Posters will continue to criticize our players regardless of how you feel about it.

I'm done
                          Jonas and Amir were the two top scorers in this game, last I looked, and we won last I looked too, and it was the first game too.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            that we learned 1st hand that living and dieing by the jumpshots aren't what win.
                            So we an inside threat to balance our offense

I'm done
                            Yup.

You especially need it when the refs swallow the whistle.

I'm only talking about DD on offense in the 4th quarter here because forced shots at crucial times nearly gave the game away. Bad shots on one end tend to lead to easy shots on the other.

......I am over the moon with the rest of his game last night......

We saw it last year during the playoffs as plain as day. DD plays within the team and he is fairly efficient. Then when the team needs him to step up for a big hoop, he often did. In fact he has shown the ability to carry the team at times. However when things are rocking and rolling, you can't just stop that. You have to keep the momentum and flow going until the other team stops you. Ball stopping and forcing things are like running in to a brick wall. Last night was a game that could have been a blow out had they just kept with the flow instead of making it a game.

So what I am saying is he has to recognize when to step up and create something and when to play within the team.... and that goes for Lowry too.

Comment

Don't think anyone's really mad. Frustration and criticism are natural from fans. And given the expectations have been raised for the team, it means we'll all probably nitpick a bit more, because a team that wants to be really good needs to limit mistakes as much as possible.

Comment

• Also, random aside, but was anyone else not at all impressed with Thabo's addition to Atlanta? I'm not his biggest fan, but I don't see him being a great fit, especially offensively on a team that kind of depends on having weapons at every spot

Comment

Working...
                                X