Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK so one of my two waiver wire picks did not come through, I made the bid not knowing there would be other players in teh same predicament as me....and before Randle went down.

I have dropped two players off my roster completely in Mills and Harkless so I should take zero year hits on them. I will Keep Amare at 1 year and take a gamble on Tyler Zeller for 2 years.

I will have to scour the waiver wire for 2 more players ti fill up my roster, although I would be ready for a 2 for 1 type deal.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
      OK my fellow GM's/Owners, what grade do you give the overall state of your franchise heading into this, our third season, the '14-'15 season? If you feel like it, maybe give a grade on other teams you have your eye on, without going into specifics if you'd like.

Are you going for it all now? Are you in a re-building process? Are you 1 or 2 players away from seriously contending? Do you even have any idea where you may stand this year, given we've just started the season?

I'm not afraid to reveal where I believe I'm at. I think with my roster healthy, I'm a mid-to-top level contender. I was pretty much dominating 5 out of the 9 categories last year before a few injuries grasped a hold of my squad, even if it was for only the first 2 months or so. I'm definitely committed to building a perennial contender though, and realize this may not be the year to win it all. That being said, I feel I have a lot of excellent trade chips, and I'll listen to any offer made to obtain almost all of my players. Not trying to "get rid of" any players at all.

I'd give myself a grade of B+ heading into this year. I haven't given a good look into what other teams have done going into this season, but I feel strongly that I'll have a top-4 seed heading into the playoffs barring any lengthy injuries to key players.

*Not trying to be too confident/cocky, just trying to get a feel of where guys feel they're at. This is the greatest Fantasy League ever, just trying to give it a little more content*

Cheers fellas, and a happy and healthy season to all!

Mack
      My overall grade is a B.

Believe it or not, I actually didn't think my team would be any good last year and made deals thinking about the future. In the end I went 18-2 which was definitely a little luck as a number of weeks went very closely in my favour on 5-4. Of course, I got bounced in the first round by the evil Axel - now my mortal enemy.

The injury to Paul George is likely to hurt this year. I tried to make trades with a number of you but I can't blame people for not biting. If George was healthy, I'd give myself an A and would expect to win (barring any other injuries).

I have gambled quite a bit on trading my draft pick without George. However I have 9 guys 25 or under and just 2 over 30. Plus not sure if people are aware but PGs are in short supply next year and getting Conley, a top 10-15 PG, was important especially after sending him MCW. A big part of trading my draft pick was the hope/expectation I'd get Gobert - lol, so much for that, eh Coach - also a mortal enemy. With Gorbert, Sullinger, 'Po, McDermott, and Bruno I felt I would be stacked on youth anyways - well, 4 out of 5 ain't bad.

Really excited for this year. Totally agree it is the best fantasy league I've been in by far. I give this one more attention than the one I play for money with buddies!

As for my expectations this year, I expect to scrap in to playoffs and not much else. Realistically with Bruno and George I'm really only fielding a 13 man roster in a 15 man league. I'm one key injury away from screwed.

Comment

OK my fellow GM's/Owners, what grade do you give the overall state of your franchise heading into this, our third season, the '14-'15 season? If you feel like it, maybe give a grade on other teams you have your eye on, without going into specifics if you'd like.

Are you going for it all now? Are you in a re-building process? Are you 1 or 2 players away from seriously contending? Do you even have any idea where you may stand this year, given we've just started the season?

I'm not afraid to reveal where I believe I'm at. I think with my roster healthy, I'm a mid-to-top level contender. I was pretty much dominating 5 out of the 9 categories last year before a few injuries grasped a hold of my squad, even if it was for only the first 2 months or so. I'm definitely committed to building a perennial contender though, and realize this may not be the year to win it all. That being said, I feel I have a lot of excellent trade chips, and I'll listen to any offer made to obtain almost all of my players. Not trying to "get rid of" any players at all.

I'd give myself a grade of B+ heading into this year. I haven't given a good look into what other teams have done going into this season, but I feel strongly that I'll have a top-4 seed heading into the playoffs barring any lengthy injuries to key players.

*Not trying to be too confident/cocky, just trying to get a feel of where guys feel they're at. This is the greatest Fantasy League ever, just trying to give it a little more content*

Mack
        I'll win. I finished 3rd last year and added some pieces while subtracting nobodies. I should just start the season 4 thread now with a post congratulating myself on my undefeated year.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
          I'll win. I finished 3rd last year and added some pieces while subtracting nobodies. I should just start the season 4 thread now with a post congratulating myself on my undefeated year.
          When I win this week it will be so sweet!

Comment

Well I had big plans for the draft to bolster my lineup and be a legit playoff contender.

Looks like now I get back to back seasons with my first round pick taking up a roster spot while sitting out the entire season with an injury....and I missed to chance to target a couple guys i was really high on. I feel it has now set me back two years in my building plan.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I'll be signing Norris Cole for 3 years
              Last edited by tucas; Thu Oct 30, 2014, 10:20 AM.

Comment

I feel like my team is more or less where I expected them to be; not a real contender, but with enough pieces moving forward to compete as early as next year.

I took over last year and was immediately behind the 8-ball since new owners weren't brought in until after the rookie draft (which meant I missed using my top 3 pick - would have been Trey Burke looking at how the draft went down). I didn't expect to compete and was in 10th or 11th when I traded Wade to McHappy for his draft pick and Courtney Lee; which I thought would help cement my team at the bottom and net a great draft pick. Instead my team rallied and finished 8th; which led to the previously mentioned upset of the #1 seed McHappy (and apparently making his "list"); all of which was over-achievement.

But my plan when I took over was to remove the bad contracts and build in a 3 year plan. We are into year 2, I have zero expirings except the players took at auction this year, so my core is all locked up, and next auction I'll need between 2-4 players (rookie + 2 resigns).

I'd give myself a grade of C+; no mistakes but no homeruns either. Adding Ed Davis with my waiver dough could be big now that Randle is out, which could bump up to B-.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I'll be signing Norris Cole for 3 years
                  Nice signature Tucas. Glad I at least got my own line
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                    I feel like my team is more or less where I expected them to be; not a real contender, but with enough pieces moving forward to compete as early as next year.

I took over last year and was immediately behind the 8-ball since new owners weren't brought in until after the rookie draft (which meant I missed using my top 3 pick - would have been Trey Burke looking at how the draft went down). I didn't expect to compete and was in 10th or 11th when I traded Wade to McHappy for his draft pick and Courtney Lee; which I thought would help cement my team at the bottom and net a great draft pick. Instead my team rallied and finished 8th; which led to the previously mentioned upset of the #1 seed McHappy (and apparently making his "list"); all of which was over-achievement.

But my plan when I took over was to remove the bad contracts and build in a 3 year plan. We are into year 2, I have zero expirings except the players took at auction this year, so my core is all locked up, and next auction I'll need between 2-4 players (rookie + 2 resigns).

I'd give myself a grade of C+; no mistakes but no homeruns either. Adding Ed Davis with my waiver dough could be big now that Randle is out, which could bump up to B-.

I had put a low ball bid in on Ed as I figured none would want him and I needed a filler.....then Randle went down and I never thought to change my bid. Now I lose Randle for the year and don't have Ed.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                      Nice signature Tucas. Glad I at least got my own line
                      Own line and name spelt correct.

Pfffft.

The W this week will be sooooo sweet.

Comment

Mack
                        I'm on the fence with my team. Was hoping to get younger in Free Agency, but missed out on a few of my targets. Happy with Elfriid Payton and Evan Fornier, but otherwise I need to be in Win-Now mode for CP3... otherwise he'll be asking for a trade after not making the Playoffs last year. He's still only 29, but he wants to win and doesn't have patience to go through a rebuild.

I like alot of my pieces though. Been waiting for Brandon Knight to get his shit together, and am hoping last night was a sign of things to come from him. Korver projects to be a solid 3-point contributer. Bosh should be solid all year. Rudy is going to be Rudy.. still have no idea what that means or equates to fantasy-wise.

I'm going with a C, only because I missed out on Mozgov. Fucking Yahoo!.
                        Last edited by Joey; Thu Oct 30, 2014, 12:22 PM.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          Own line and name spelt correct.

Pfffft.

The W this week will be sooooo sweet.
                          If people are capable of beating me I'll gladly remove their name from my list when they do.

Comment

If people are capable of beating me I'll gladly remove their name from my list when they do.
                            Week 11 is the week I'll do it, not sure about anybody else...

Comment

Sounds like the owners who've replied are relatively happy with the construction of their teams. Tucas is just off in his own lil world though...

Real shitty break(no pun... wait, yes pun) for WJF and his rookie situation the last two seasons. I'm hoping Embiid can come back at some point, cause it is tough to win when you have a few roster spots that aren't even playing.

Comment

I believe my team is starting to turn the corner and get out of the rebuild stage. The decline and eventual loss of one koncepts twin towers (bynum) really made dwight howard sad as dwight lost motivation and sent the team into a rebuild.

My team is not sure where it stands this year, but playoffs is definitely the goal. it all depends on how many players take a big step forward.
                                in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Working...
                                X