Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REPORT: Running a tight ship, no leaks have come out of Camp MonStars in terms of the young journeyman Bismack Biyombo and his contract, but speculation around the league is that he will be getting a 2-year deal. More to come on this.

Comment

• Early 4 years
      in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• i checked the steps you provided and it appears my email is correct.

i am having the same issue as jbml and not receiving emails on anything league related. it would def make things easier
        in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• Signing #1: Clint Capela - 3 years

Signing #2: Shabazz Napier - 1 year
          Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Jan 26, 2015, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
            i checked the steps you provided and it appears my email is correct.

i am having the same issue as jbml and not receiving emails on anything league related. it would def make things easier
            Next step check your junk folder.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              So get this, last year only 9 trades were made all season, as you can see here.

We've already doubled that this season, and then some. This season, mcHAPPY has singledly out traded the entire league from last year.
              Jeez I traded mcHappy 'Po and McBob for Mo and Sanders? What was I thinking?

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote:
                Doesn't even begin to even out the Harden trade - :P
                Not this year I mean when you originally got him

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote:
                  Doesn't even begin to even out the Harden trade - :P
                  No what I meant was I should've asked for more. When was the last time 'Po got 52 points?

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                    No what I meant was I should've asked for more. When was the last time 'Po got 52 points?
                    I'll tell you what to even out this and the Harden trade a bit, I'll give you back Mo Williams for 'Po.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      LOL Thanks for nothing Coach. :P
                      Just spent the last 20 minutes reading through the thread and couldn't find anything that has changed on the waiver rules... I'm going to assume it's the same as last year, where I can sign guys while going over the cap with the understanding that they cannot be resigned at the end of this season nor can I sign them for more than the remainder of the year.

Should I take your comment personally or was this comment made in the midst of the "helluva day" you were having?
                      “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                      ― John Wooden

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post
                        Just spent the last 20 minutes reading through the thread and couldn't find anything that has changed on the waiver rules... I'm going to assume it's the same as last year, where I can sign guys while going over the cap with the understanding that they cannot be resigned at the end of this season nor can I sign them for more than the remainder of the year.
                        You nailed it.

Comment

Should I take your comment personally or was this comment made in the midst of the "helluva day" you were having?
                          I think Joey's comment was more about how there is an active discussion and your comment seemed like you were going to weigh in on it but then didn't say anything about it. Your comment makes more sense when reading your subsequent comment but since we were all talking about something else, I don't think Joey (at least me) quite grasped what you were talking about as we were focused on another aspect of the waiver adds.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            You nailed it.
                            He didn't nail anything, though? I mean, yes, correct in saying nothing has changed with regards to those specific waiver rules, but that's not at all what we were talking about.

We were discussing two aspects of the rules that mcHAPPY unearthed with recent moves, that have not really been talked about or even thought about for some people - namely carrying more than 15 guys into the Free Agent Draft, which we more or less resolved, though I think we still need to agree on a deadline for that. And whether or not trading assets for nothing but cap space is in fact legal, and if it is, is there anyway to improve upon it.

The Coach wrote:
                            Sorry. There's nothing to take personally.. I thought it was pretty clear I was just joking around.

Axel nailed it though, I thought maybe I was going to get some more input from another manager, and you just said you were too lazy. Which is fair, I just responded in a like wise joking manner. Or I thought I did .. :S
                            Last edited by Joey; Sat Jan 24, 2015, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• No worries, Joey. I asked the question I asked without reading any of the current chatter... had no idea there was a debate going on or that you were looking for GM's input.

My quick reaction to the thread's current topic is that I don't see anything wrong with someone making moves within the boundaries of the league's rules (as Matt was doing); however, if those rules need to change to improve competition then that's something we can have some more dialogue on. I'm thinking that Joey doesn't have an issue with Matt (who has done nothing but create excitement and show passion for this great league), but is concerned with others taking advantage of the system.

I find it really interesting that the exact same debate about allowing teams to tank in the NBA has been sparked in our own imitation league. I think it's great! I was the worst team last year, Rose and Anderson were just two of my injury plagued season, so I made some big trades by selling high and buying low (including other guys that were injured for that year).

Last, if all the managers in this league showed a quarter of the passion that Joey and McHappy showed in their war of words then this great league would be a whole lot better. Thanks for caring guys and don't forget that the problem isn't with engaged managers with differing opinions, but disengaged managers with no opinion.
                              “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                              ― John Wooden

Comment

• In a possible long term blow to Mack North and a boon for ceez, Trey Burke has come off the bench for the last 2 games while Dante Exum has started. Utah is 2-0.

Comment

Working...
                                X