Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree that rosters should be down to 15 before the free agency draft, what ever the freeze date is for trades (I assume this is the two days before date). That way people can adjust their plans without having to check transactions at the last minute.

I don't know about the Sept 1st deadline... Seems like that would force a lot more action (trades) into August, which might be good for the league, to keep people active year round. Or might be bad, if that leaves a lull in September (although I think jostling after people know who is available for free agency would still generate activity). That said, I'm not particularly for or against either date. Either way it does leave room for guys who have extra draft picks to operate (although I will admit I had assumed 15 was the max all year, admittedly for no reason, and had planned out my summer as such, until I traded McHAPPY's pick back to him) without having to let those picks walk unsigned.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
      I understand both sides here and I don't understand why some sort of compromise can't be made. Asking 15 managers to readjust their draft strategy 2 days before the draft is a little unfair to everyone in my opinion but asking managers to have all their cuts made 2 months in advance is a little unreasonable I feel as well. What about having final cuts made 2 weeks before the start of the season or something of that nature? It will give people the feel for where their players will be and gives managers plenty of time to readjust their draft strategy.
      When does Yahoo come back online? I'd say whenever that is, is when Rosters should be set. Otherwise, wouldn't we have guys showing on the Waiver that actually aren't supposed to be?

And again, people will already have to decide who they are extending and dropping, for how long, and how long they want their rookies by September 1st. That's hasn't changed and won't be changing. So not sure why we can't sort of group this action in with that. But again, my focus is Yahoo being 15 man roster. Once it comes online, everything will be all fucky if we have people with more than 15 men on their roster.

DanH wrote: View Post
      I agree that rosters should be down to 15 before the free agency draft, what ever the freeze date is for trades (I assume this is the two days before date). That way people can adjust their plans without having to check transactions at the last minute.

I don't know about the Sept 1st deadline... Seems like that would force a lot more action (trades) into August, which might be good for the league, to keep people active year round. Or might be bad, if that leaves a lull in September (although I think jostling after people know who is available for free agency would still generate activity). That said, I'm not particularly for or against either date. Either way it does leave room for guys who have extra draft picks to operate (although I will admit I had assumed 15 was the max all year, admittedly for no reason, and had planned out my summer as such, until I traded McHAPPY's pick back to him) without having to let those picks walk unsigned.
      And that's the thing, I think most people had assumed 15 was the Max as well. At least I had until I raised it today.

Also agree, that either way we have plenty of time for the appropriate moves to be made. I think encouraging those to happen over the summer, instead of last minute, is not a bad thing.

Thanks for your input guys.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote:
        So you perceive an advantage as the rules currently are and need to change the rules or add to them?
        The rules aren't anything right now though... As has already been admitted, at least half of the people who have weighed-in assumed a 15 player Maximum.

Comment

• Like others, the thought that you could go over 15 players never occurred to me, as obviously yahoo takes care of it during the season.

I can understand mcHappy's desire to have as much time as possible to try and facilitate offseason trades to free up space (which seems quite the task when half the league barely checks into RR during the season, let alone the summer) but as a manager I can see wanting more than 2 days before the draft to have the final draft list.

The Sept 1st deadline does hold some merit, as most rosters are set from this date but in the spirit of the league, I think Tucas' suggestion of two weeks prior makes the most sense. At which point a full roster freeze for all managers to allow pre-draft preparation. A few days is enough if you have the free time, but 2 weeks would ensure that people actually have the time to put the work in. One of the reasons this league is so great is that there are so many managers who care enough to put in a lot of time and effort. To handcuff someone because of real life commitments is harsh.

Overall I see merit to both sides.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Harden with 45 tonight. Doing his best Mo Williams impression. Close but not quite.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
              Harden with 45 tonight. Doing his best Mo Williams impression. Close but not quite.
              Harden wishes he was Mo Williams.

Comment

• Team mcHAPPY is pleased to announce the signing of T.J. Warren - 3 years
                Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Jan 26, 2015, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• Finally a chance at Gary Harris!!

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote:
                    Nah I'll stick with him.

If Chandler, Afflalo, or Foye is traded he might have value. Masai reportedly was targeting him at 20 last year but Bulls took on behalf of nuggets. So if Masai saw something, I'll give him a shot.

Might be summer waiver though.
                    I totally think he'll be a good NBA player, he is just stuck in a bad situation right now. Hard to make a fantasy impact with his minutes.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      Oh snap, Mack vs Skywalkers this week. Battle of the Titans!
                      Not going to lie, I do enjoy being the 1 in Skywalkers 11-1 Record.
                      I honestly cannot believe that I am in first. It is totally a case of pretty much everyone on the team is performing way above their expected production. But I'm not complaining! haha Going to be a VERY tough week for Skywalker. Mack has put together a really great team! Not to mention he's done it with Emiid on the bench the whole season!

Comment

• Quick question. If a DPE player is traded, does his DPE rights go with him?

Comment

• skywalker wrote: View Post
                          Quick question. If a DPE player is traded, does his DPE rights go with him?
                          Yep!

Comment

I honestly cannot believe that I am in first. It is totally a case of pretty much everyone on the team is performing way above their expected production. But I'm not complaining! haha Going to be a VERY tough week for Skywalker. Mack has put together a really great team! Not to mention he's done it with Emiid on the bench the whole season!
                            11 straight since I beat you 1st week! That's pretty damn impressive. You must have forgotten whats its like to lose between this and Keeper! :P

Comment

Quick question. If a DPE player is traded, does his DPE rights go with him?
                              Yes, but you can't extend two DPE players in the same summer, unless you use one of your regular extension slots.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• 6 yrs for 6 yrs trade. Nice and easy for the commish calculations.

Comment

Working...
                                X