This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks WJF.

To clarify for you as #7 is the biggy for me - If a specific move is not explicitely listed as being illegal, is it assumed to be Legal?
    The immediate example being when the Parker/Pek/Miles for Cap Space trades went down.
    The NBA treats any iffy or questionable circumstances as immediately illegal until clarified with the League.
    Which, for example, is exactly happened last year in the off season with Sign and Trades. Matt posed the question to the League, as it hadn't been discussed previsouly, a few people chimed in, said it was fair game, and he made his moves.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
      This thread went, as your boy Drizzy would say, "0 to 100 real quick"! 10 pages in a couple days. I've read some but there's lots to go over it seems. I'll give some feedback this evening when I'm at home. It's a lot more fun when it's just trash & trade talk happening though!

Got that number one spot now... target on my back! I wasn't sure I'd be able to take down the mighty Skywalkers, but we pulled it off. And that was a HUGE win for some of us, Skywalker! My biggest in this league yet from what I can remember...
      **We interrupt this heated debate to bring you actual basketball news**

Kobe sat on the sidelines, looked up at the score with time winding down, and was overheard saying to Jrue Holiday, "I could have easily got 4 blocks and 51 points! No way we should have lost this week!!" Holiday could be seen nodding in agreement. Nevertheless, since they were both in street clothes, neither of them could contribute much of anything to the success of their team.

Kobe was later released by the team.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Thanks WJF.

To clarify for you as #7 is the biggy for me - If a specific move is not explicitely listed as being illegal, is it assumed to be Legal?
        The immediate example being when the Parker/Pek/Miles for Cap Space trades went down.
        The NBA treats any iffy or questionable circumstances as immediately illegal until clarified with the League.
        Which, for example, is exactly happened last year in the off season with Sign and Trades. Matt posed the question to the League, as it hadn't been discussed previsouly, a few people chimed in, said it was fair game, and he made his moves.
        The way I feel about it is cap relief can be part of a deal like that, but it can't be that lopsided, how do you put that in the CBA is the question.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

August 1st - draft
          September 1st - resigns declared & years assigned
          7 days prior to auction - final rosters
          Sunday before opener - FA Auction

I don't like how this seems to be lumped together - I want the September re-sign date the same (including assigning years) but also want to extend the final rosters to 7 days before the draft, rather than 2.

2) in season roster sizes
          Can go under 15 - Cap hold (1 year) placed for any roster spot not filled - intent to fill a.s.a.p via Waiver Wire

Sounds good to me.

3) off season roster sizes
          No limit - have roster to 15 or less 7 days prior to FA auction

Sounds good too.

4) legality of trading a player for cap space/years
          1 for 0 trades

Yes. I don't agree with the assertions that this reflects the NBA at all, but I am all for a simpler CBA.

5) number of adds per week in season/playoffs*

I think no limit in season. Why a limit? There's already a significant cost to constantly changing players due to our cap structure.

Playoffs I agree there should be no waivers allowed - just like in the NBA. Requires a bit more forethought in season.

6) buying in/money

Nope.

7) legality of moves that are not clearly stated/specified*

Unclear moves should be implicitly illegal until put to a vote.

8) adding a player without an NBA contract (usually going to be foreign draft pick, i.e. owning rights)

I say any player in the Yahoo system should be able to be signed. I've got players on my cap who are not in the NBA, and we already allow undrafted rookies to be picked up on waivers. And several guys ended up with retired players on their cap because Yahoo auto draft is stupid. If those scenarios can happen, I see no reason to limit overseas guys. But definitely they should count as a roster spot and have years/cap assigned to them.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
            The way I feel about it is cap relief can be part of a deal like that, but it can't be that lopsided, how do you put that in the CBA is the question.
            There are two questions at stake there. First, do you allow trading players for nothing? You seem to be proposing a limit on the difference in cap on each side.

The second question is whether a rule that is unclear should be considered allowed or not. For example, right now we are discussing whether the above mentioned trade type is allowed. The second question then is when these sorts of issues pop up, do we assume they are allowed or not allowed until a vote can be had? In this case several players have gone ahead and made trades like this, assuming that an unclear rule meant it was legal.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              There are two questions at stake there. First, do you allow trading players for nothing? You seem to be proposing a limit on the difference in cap on each side.

The second question is whether a rule that is unclear should be considered allowed or not. For example, right now we are discussing whether the above mentioned trade type is allowed. The second question then is when these sorts of issues pop up, do we assume they are allowed or not allowed until a vote can be had? In this case several players have gone ahead and made trades like this, assuming that an unclear rule meant it was legal.
              I think those trades need to go to a vote.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                I think those trades need to go to a vote.
                Ok cool. While I'm not sure those specific moves will go up for Vote, I think you agree with the overall notion that 'questionable' moves should be placed before the league for approval.

Comment

• Oops, amidst all of this, it got lost that despite Biyombo's current injury, he has shown enough in his time with the team to earn that 2-year deal, that will see him stay with the Monstars through the end of next season.

Comment

• In terms of stashing saric, I believe he'll be playing next year just like how val waited a year. I see no difference between me holding saric and mchappy holding Capella (d-league), Bruno caboclo and Gary harris all of which who are long term stashes
                    in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• If it's a years assigned commitment like WJF stated I would've put saric under 4 years instead of cleanthony early (both of whom I was going to keep long term) and would be willing to retroactively switch the years if that makes it more legit
                      Last edited by koncept; Tue Jan 27, 2015, 12:39 AM.
                      in masai we trust

Comment

• My vote
                        1 2 3 4 yes
                        5 no for both
                        6 yes. What's a small amount of money for each season. Would make middle pack teams more motivated.
                        7 yes
                        8 yes for reasons mentioned above. What's the difference between saric and caboclo?
                        in masai we trust

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                          My vote
                          1 2 3 4 yes
                          5 no for both
                          6 yes. What's a small amount of money for each season. Would make middle pack teams more motivated.
                          7 yes
                          8 yes for reasons mentioned above. What's the difference between saric and caboclo?
                          Would you mind clarifying for me your #1 and #7 .. sorry man.

And thanks everybody for understanding and weighing in. I think we all know how special this league is, and we all want what's best; and dealing with the dirty details is just part of the "fun", right?! Lol
                          Last edited by Joey; Tue Jan 27, 2015, 01:06 AM.

Comment

• Correct me if I'm wrong, #1 allows us till oct 1st to assign years for our rookies and re-signs ? Just gives us more time to have a look at em.

#7 is a tricky one because it encompasses a lot. Seems to me it's sort of worded like "if you make a new move not illegal (yet) in the rules it shouldn't be revoked even if that move becomes a new rule.
                            For example if we voted no for trade a player for nothing, the implication is we wouldn't move those players back already traded.
                            in masai we trust

Comment

In terms of stashing saric, I believe he'll be playing next year just like how val waited a year. I see no difference between me holding saric and mchappy holding Capella (d-league), Bruno caboclo and Gary harris all of which who are long term stashes
                              I think the difference is simply that Capella, Caboclo and Harris are all in the NBA while Saric isn't. Capella can be recalled and assigned to the D League weekly, but he still is on the Rockets and he counts towards their roster. Bruno and Harris don't play often but they are active NBA players.

Saric doesn't count towards the Sixers roster or payroll and isn't in the league at all. Hence the question.

No one is upset at the strategy of long term prospects but rather the legality and authenticity for dynasty purposes.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

In terms of stashing saric, I believe he'll be playing next year just like how val waited a year. I see no difference between me holding saric and mchappy holding Capella (d-league), Bruno caboclo and Gary harris all of which who are long term stashes
                                Capela played two nights ago.
                                Bruno has played this season and was drafted knowing he would be in the NBA this season. I did not expect him to play as little as he had but should have known with Casey.
                                Harris plays infrequently but he does play.

None of these are near the same situation.

I think we need to just vote and leave the drama out of it. What will be will be.

Comment

Working...
                                X