This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    So, to his point, are multi year signings permitted in the playoffs provided the signing team has cap space?
    To my recollection, and I apologize if I'm wrong (haven't spent much time in the Dynasty playoffs), but I don't believe we had anything in place restricting this in past years. Did we?

Assuming this to be the case, then I'd say yes.

Going back through old threads, I can't really find anything that says otherwise.
    Last edited by Joey; Tue Mar 17, 2015, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      To my recollection, and I apologize if I'm wrong (haven't spent much time in the Dynasty playoffs), but I don't believe we had anything in place restricting this in past years. Did we?

Going back through old threads, I can't really find anything that says otherwise.
      I don't care one way or another, just stating, any team currently not in the playoffs has their lineups locked and cannot add players.

Comment

Also again not caring one way or another but didn't the last round of votes state that anything not explicitly stated is not permitted and subject to league approval?

Comment

• I was under the assumption that you can't re-sign anybody you picked up during the playoffs. It's not fair to non-playoff teams.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            I don't care one way or another, just stating, any team currently not in the playoffs has their lineups locked and cannot add players.
            Fair point. And I agree to an extent, just trying to find any instance of this in the past.

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            Also again not caring one way or another but didn't the last round of votes state that anything not explicitly stated is not permitted and subject to league approval?
            Yes, the vote did state we are now using a "disallow by default" rule. For the time being Skywalker, Hood will be signed until the end of the year.
            I need to do some more digging .. I'm starting to think there was something in place for this, that just wasn't listed in the CBA.
            Every player signed during last years playoffs was available on draft day. And when Axel signed Ed Davis during the playoffs, there was no mention of Years. Simply that he was upset to see T-Hans go. Lol

Comment

• In the meantime, skywalker, I did find this tidbit from you last year:
              skywalker wrote: View Post
              I'm in very rough shape for next year. I'm the only team that tried to make moves to win this season, and everything backfired lol . Enjoy your amazing draft pick Mack lol
              .. only to finish 1st this year. Haha

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                I was under the assumption that you can't re-sign anybody you picked up during the playoffs. It's not fair to non-playoff teams.
                That's a good point Mack. It isn't fair to those teams who cannot pick up anyone because they are locked.

So just so we are clear here, Hood can only be signed to a 1 year? And as a follow up, does this mean that essentially cap space is for the time being, meaningless?

Comment

In the meantime, skywalker, I did find this tidbit from you last year:

.. only to finish 1st this year. Haha
                  There's a lot of luck going on here....lol

Comment

• skywalker wrote: View Post
                    That's a good point Mack. It isn't fair to those teams who cannot pick up anyone because they are locked.

So just so we are clear here, Hood can only be signed to a 1 year? And as a follow up, does this mean that essentially cap space is for the time being, meaningless?
                    Yes and essentially. Considering there can be no trades and no resignings, cap space is irrelevant in the playoffs under the current rules. Anyone you sign will be 1 year and wiped at the end of the season.

Comment

• So it was written, so it is done.

mcHAPPY had it right the first time, and now the CBA reflects that.

•Players can be signed during the Playoffs, but are only eligible for 1-year, Non-extendable Contracts.
                      Thanks everyone.
                      Last edited by Joey; Tue Mar 17, 2015, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Every player signed during last years playoffs was available on draft day. And when Axel signed Ed Davis during the playoffs, there was no mention of Years. Simply that he was upset to see T-Hans go. Lol
                        The team never did recover from the loss of T-Hans.

Entering year two of that recovery.

The meds help.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

So it was written, so it is done.

mcHAPPY had it right the first time, and now the CBA reflects that.

Thanks everyone.
                          NO way was that a part of the CBA this morning.. lol.. did someone literally edit that in the last few hours?

Comment

• skywalker wrote: View Post
                            NO way was that a part of the CBA this morning.. lol.. did someone literally edit that in the last few hours?
                            Hahaha You're not going crazy, I did just now - "and now the CBA reflects that". It definitely did not before. Lol

Comment

Hahaha You're not going crazy, I did just now - "and now the CBA reflects that". It definitely did not before. Lol
                              Not gonna lie.. I am a little relieved that I am not going crazy haha.

Comment

• McHAPPY, just for the cap sheet, i have since dropped Derrick Williams and picked up Anthony Morrow. Thanks.

Happy St. Paddy's Day to all!!

Comment

Working...
                                X