This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tucas wrote: View Post
    Did you sign him on his first waiver period?
    Axel wrote: View Post
    Doesn't look like it. You dropped him on the 26th, we had waivers on the 28th, 3rd and today.
    Also, I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason when a player is dropped, the first waiver processing they are not included.

So for example, Speights was dropped on Tuesday and was not available for pick up today. He is however available for Saturday. So anyone putting in a claim would need to have cap space to take his year on Saturday and that would knock a year off the dropper.

IF you wish to sign a player to more (or less) years than what the player had when dropped, you would have to wait until the next processing of waiver wire. So back to Speights, anyone who wants to see him for, say, 2 years needs to wait until Tuesday, March 10 (and have 2 years of cap space of course!).

Comment

• Ya, I was going to ask if that same thing happened with Chalmers? I remember pointing it out as odd for D-Mo, but perhaps we've just never noticed it.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Ya, I was going to ask if that same thing happened with Chalmers? I remember pointing it out as odd for D-Mo, but perhaps we've just never noticed it.
        The scores and settings has waiver period at 2 days.

Can you change this to 1 day?

If it is changed to one day, I think we'd be able to speed it up. Cut from 7-8 days down to 4-5.

I'm not a fan of having to wait until the 3rd processing. Back to Speights, anyone who wants him actually has to wait a week to get him if they don't want to take on his previous contract and then he doesn't play for you until the next day at earliest - so actually 8 days.

Comment

• This is boring!

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            This is boring!
            Waiting for responses, but we may have simply peaked too early.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

The scores and settings has waiver period at 2 days.

Can you change this to 1 day?

If it is changed to one day, I think we'd be able to speed it up. Cut from 7-8 days down to 4-5.
              This is something I'd look for input from the league on.
              Offering only 1 day for people to claim a Waiver isn't very much..
              I'd be open to it, but as I said, I'd look for some other opinions on that as well. Guys?

No trades yet?!

Comment

I'd be open to it, but as I said, I'd look for some other opinions on that as well. Guys?

No trades yet?!
                The way Yahoo! is set up and with our 3x weekly waiver processing (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday) it wouldn't change anything from the way we had originally intended for it to be.

In other words, the changing of 2 days to 1 day only ensures it doesn't take us 2 waiver periods to put a claim in and 3 waiver periods to sign a player to contract of your own choosing (assuming he was not claimed on the first eligible pick up).

The rule change that would impact the bold is if we had a waiver processing every single day.

Comment

No trades yet?!
                  I like it as is.

Comment

• I think 4-5 days to have an initial claim, 6-7 days to sign a guy, and 7-8 days to get him in your lineup is too long.

My .02 done.

Comment

• Im on board with mcHappy's idea. I think it is still sufficient time to put your claims in.

Comment

• Only problem I see is of for whatever reason a PC can't get online everyday he has a chance of not being able to bid on a waiver player. For example my 14 hour Toronto shanghai flight added to exhaustion and wanting sleep puts me out at 24+ hours. Other scenarios are possible.

I like it as it is
                        Last edited by Miekenstien; Thu Mar 5, 2015, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          Only problem I see is of for whatever reason a PC can't get online everyday he has a chance of not being able to bid on a waiver player. For example my 14 hour Toronto shanghai flight added to exhaustion and wanting sleep puts me out at 24+ hours. Other scenarios are possible.

I like it as it easy
                          24 hours never happen.... It is impossible because claims are only done t/th/Sat.

I create a waiver on Sunday/Wednesday.

It gets processed Tuesday/Friday.

Next waiver is not processed until Thursday/Saturday.

48/72 hours.
                          Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Mar 5, 2015, 07:45 PM.

Comment

No trades yet?!
                            Feels like we are in a holding pattern. Some domino is holding everything up.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

24 hours never happen.... It is impossible because claims are only done t/th/Sat.

I create a waiver on Sunday/Wednesday.

It gets processed Tuesday/Friday.

Next waiver is not processed until Thursday/Saturday.

48/72 hours.
                              then i don't understand the argument if the lowest is already 2 days. i'm fine with everything

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                Feels like we are in a holding pattern. Some domino is holding everything up.
                                Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X