This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    You're bang on about the draft. Just note that our lotto is only 8 teams, so any team in dynasty that makes the playoffs doesn't get a lotto chance despite the NBA lotto being 14 deep.

Auction is open. $200 for your auction and next season waivers.

2 resigns plus 1 DPE extension - due Sept 1 last year. Can't remember if we changed the date this year, but it will be sometime in the fall, before the auction. Will have to scroll back and see what we decided on dates this year.

Cap figures roll over after the end of our season. Resign eligible players are left on your sheet at zero until they are declared resigns (or sign and trades). All non-resigned players are removed by the resign deadline.
    Thanks Axel. Only thing I would add, is that you are bang on for September 1st, with regards to being the deadline to have your resigns declared. That never changed.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      Thanks Axel. Only thing I would add, is that you are bang on for September 1st, with regards to being the deadline to have your resigns declared. That never changed.
      I would still like to see that discussed/put to league.

When taken out of latest CBA tweaks it was up 5-4 from those who voted.

It was something I noticed last year that I thought would make league more interesting during the September 1st to Auction draft.

I can't think of any negatives.

Positives:
      1) allows for more trade flexibility with sign and trades.
      2) keeps people engaged with reason to check in to RR during nearly 2 month span of down time

It does not change the rules or structure of the league in any manner but should make it more interesting in the fall as we await for auction and start of season.

Was always going to be a suggestion. If people want to keep as is that is cool too.

Comment

• Chalmers has been signed for 2 years.

Comment

• But if you ask people if they want more time, obviously they will take it .. I saw, and still see, no reason to change it. It worked perfectly last year. Tucas and I will discuss it.

Comment

But if you ask people if they want more time, obviously they will take it .. I saw, and still see, no reason to change it. It worked perfectly last year. Tucas and I will discuss it.
            You have nothing other than it worked well last year?

Do you realize who came up with those dates originally? Me. So if I did such a perfect job on the first go around I think the possibility a tweak makes it even better.

I provided two reasons for the change that has nothing to do with gaining an unfair advantage. It is all about keeping interest up and owners with a reason to be engaged.

But whatever. The continued resistance to attempt to make the league better based on a democratic process baffles me.

Comment

• I honestly don't see much of a difference (or benefit) in moving the dates.

Also, we all know that certain members are going to completely disappear over the off-season, and the ones on RR everyday are going to be the only ones arguing this point, or noticing any difference.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• It also gets Managers back into the mix and thinking about the league earlier, rather than leaving everything until later.

Comment

• I think if we move the date earlier, you run the risk of the non-RR regulars (Ballswin for example) missing deadlines.

If you move the date later, all you are doing is giving more time to think of the decision that frankly, most of us likely know today.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

It also gets Managers back into the mix and thinking about the league earlier, rather than leaving everything until later.
                    August 1st - draft
                    September 1st - keeper submission
                    October 1st - years declared

Not sure how you can come to that conclusion when September 1st still matters.

If anything it provides more thinking and opportunities to be involved. It opens up more possibilities of trades as people have more control over the years coming into their roster.

Comment

• Yes, I understand your point mcHAPPY. Thank you for your input.
                      Tucas and I will discuss it and if we feel that it is something that needs to be voted on or changed, then it will be.

Comment

• Heir, Prince of Cambridge

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote:
                          Lol - I'm sorry you're stressing, Axel.

I have fundamental differences with the manner in which Joey rules. I don't view the commissioner as the final say, ruler, dictator, whatever. The commissioner, in my view and how I approached it, is an administrator.

The league thrives when everyone has a say in how it is run, in my opinion.

I stated previously a system was needed to address changes. Nothing has been done besides two suggestions - yours and my own - and there still is no method of conflict resolution.

I've been captain of many teams, worked in management positions, and am currently an executive. I'm use to taking charge of situations, getting input, and making decisions - sometimes majority based sometimes executive order. We rarely get decisions made around here. When I was a commissioner im not sure how many PMs went unresponded yet with the desire to sort all things out privately. That is how corrupt government functions. Have a policy in place for people to deal wth concerns and follow it open and transparent. It will solve a lot of problems and everyone knows where they stand.

The waiver change last year and the vote a few weeks ago were perfect examples of issues arising, people having a say and vote, and decisions made by the whole. Hasn't been a bitch or moan about any of the things since from anyone - as it should be. This "we'll talk about it in private" is nonsense and a slap in the face when the private conversation is being done by someone who has already stated they don't agree.
                          I totally get your view on the whole "roles and responsibilities" matrix. Can't say I fully agree though.

We aren't a team or a project that needs collaboration on. We are users within a system. System changes and updates can and will happen, but stability and ease of use need to be considered as well. Too many cooks makes things confusing, and the league is a lot to take in as is.

This league was created to be a simulated model of an existing environment. When there are gaps and deficiencies, these need to be addressed, but I don't believe we need a "majority" opinion to have it function smoothly. Majority input is really only needed in tweaking preferences.

The reason I posted the picture, is because every time you raise a concern, and Joey doesn't respond in the way that you want, you put in snarky comments like "thanks for nothing" that accomplishes nothing positive, and frankly, probably doesn't endear Joey to want to deal with your concern. And at this point, it seems to be your concern, not really a league one. I don't think there is nearly the rush to make amendments that you seem to be demanding for resolutions. The idea was put forth, it can be considered by all, opinions by anyone can always be posted and then a decision can be made before we "sign off" for the season.

I personally, don't see a huge change either way. Over 50% of the league wont be on here in the off-season and (statistically speaking), we are likely bringing in at least 1 new owner for next season. Once May hits, it will likely only be Joey, Tucas, Mack, Dan, you and I checking this forum anyway.
                          Last edited by Axel; Fri Mar 6, 2015, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote:
                            So you make comment on me being snarky then post s picture that depicts me as a screaming child? lol

You actually hit the nail on the head about the issue. You Said:

"The idea was put forth, it can be considered by all, opinions by anyone can always be posted and then a decision can be made before we "sign off" for the season."

That is exactly what I would like and would like to see the league run. That is not how it appears to be done, unfortunately. You see Joey and tucas are going to discuss and then decide if it should be looked at - wait a second! That was your suggestion! Haha
                            The picture is of a kid covering his ears because his parents are fighting. In this metaphor, you and Joey are the parents (you can be either the dude or the chick, your call), while the rest of us are the kids covering their ears.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote:
                              "The idea was put forth, it can be considered by all, opinions by anyone can always be posted and then a decision can be made before we "sign off" for the season."

That is exactly what I would like and would like to see the league run. That is not how it appears to be done, unfortunately. You see Joey and tucas are going to discuss and then decide if it should be looked at - wait a second! That was your suggestion! Haha
                              But does anyone else care about this date change? Without re-reading all of the old posts on god knows what page (now of course, you'll go look it up), it doesn't appear that there is too much appetite. As I write this, there are 4 members of RR on this thread that haven't said boo about the idea. Maybe they will, maybe they won't; but until it seems like there is a real appetite for change, I don't think there is much considering to be done. We still have 4.5 weeks left in the season. If there is enough interest, then I'm sure it will be addressed.

Comment

• mcHAPPY, you are the ONLY one who feels the need to question or challenge how and why I make decisions. Literally, the only one. Back to calling me a dictator and a tyrant? That didn't take long.

I have to imagine that if I were this horrible dictator that was ruining our great league that you are fighting so admirably to save from oppression, someone else would speak up... but they haven't. So until that day, I will continue to make the decisions I believe are best for the entire league.

I would ask, that until Tucas and I have discussed this matter, if we could please drop it. All points have been made for the issue.
                                Last edited by Joey; Fri Mar 6, 2015, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X