X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote:
    Why the animosity?

No need to look up.

It was already voted on and 5-4 approved of change before I said took it out to appease the Commish.

And there was no problem discussing dates last year. Funny how Joey is so adamantly opposed.
    I have no animosity. Not sure what gave you that impression to be honest.

It's clear to me that you and Joey are working like water and oil and I'm just trying to get in the middle as bread, absorb you both in a happy medium. Weird metaphor I know, but I'm tired, been a long week.

Here is my position on that vote, did people vote (one way or the other) because they actually feel it's something that needs to be addressed, or simply because it was put (by you) on the list of items that were being voted on? That whole voting situation snowballed from a couple of items of concern to a full blown cavity search. If people, as in multiple members, feel it's an issue, then that is one thing. But it seemed to me that you started throwing things out to a vote simply to get things done, but without much consultation or opinion from anyone else on the issues.

People will vote when presented a simple yes no option, but if it was kept in the discussion stage, I don't think many people cared enough to voice an opinion. That sends the message to me that it's not a big deal.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      I have no animosity. Not sure what gave you that impression to be honest.

It's clear to me that you and Joey are working like water and oil and I'm just trying to get in the middle as bread, absorb you both in a happy medium. Weird metaphor I know, but I'm tired, been a long week.

Here is my position on that vote, did people vote (one way or the other) because they actually feel it's something that needs to be addressed, or simply because it was put (by you) on the list of items that were being voted on? That whole voting situation snowballed from a couple of items of concern to a full blown cavity search. If people, as in multiple members, feel it's an issue, then that is one thing. But it seemed to me that you started throwing things out to a vote simply to get things done, but without much consultation or opinion from anyone else on the issues.

People will vote when presented a simple yes no option, but if it was kept in the discussion stage, I don't think many people cared enough to voice an opinion. That sends the message to me that it's not a big deal.
      Thanks Axel, this is basically my position as well.

However, Tucas and I will still discuss this.

Comment

• All this talk of appetites and bread is making me hungry....

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote:
          Lol - it is your position? Bullshit. Oops that word.

We already had five people vote yes to change it.
          Then let them speak up and voice their opinions.

Until then, have a good weekend folks.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote:
            Lol - it is your position? Bullshit. Oops that word.

We already had five people vote yes to change it.
            Sorry, what is Bullshit mcHAPPY? It's hard to keep up with all your accusations against me.

mcHAPPY wrote:
            Exactly.

No reason for the Commish to step in and say no or we'll discuss it.
            Once again, Commish disagrees with you. Surprise surprise.

As I've explained to you I don't even know how many times, you are proposing a rule change; much different than the rule clarifications that were voted on earlier in the season.
            You were the only one who proposed this change, a change that did NOT, and does not, need to happen. There is literally NOTHING that would be effected negatively by this staying as is. Regardless of that fact, you slid it in to be voted on when no one else had supported it for Vote; now you are saying "It had 5 votes" as some sort of justification for you trying to just arbitrarily change the rules.
            It is situations like this that I believe is the perfect scenario for the commissioner to weigh in. Thanks.

Now, can we drop this? Or still no?

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote:
              And yet Fully weighed in asking to have money on the line which was voted on no issue... an issue which you agreed with! SURPRISE! SURPRISE! SURPRISE indeeed!

That is all cool though. It is clear how you operate. Just pile it on with the numerous posters who belittled and insulted me who you 'like'd all along the way.
              The one who added the money to the list of things to vote on was me. I was also against it.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote:
                And yet Fully weighed in asking to have money on the line which was voted on no issue... an issue which you agreed with! SURPRISE! SURPRISE! SURPRISE indeeed!
                Except, if you actually went back and looked, several people chimed in when it was suggested.
                Not a single person piped up for the Date Changes.

With regards to my specific response, I'd ask you go check again, because I very clearly remember saying I was "Meh" on the matter. If people wanted money, I'd do money; if they didn't, I wouldn't. I really didn't care.

mcHAPPY wrote:
                That is all cool though. It is clear how you operate. Just pile it on with the numerous posters who belittled and insulted me who you 'like'd all along the way.
                Yes mcHAPPY. This is all because I've made it my lifes goal to counter you wherever possible... which I guess slipped my mind when I initially asked you to be Co-Commissioner .. weird.

mcHAPPY wrote:
                That is all cool though. We'll let Joey have his power trip.
                LOL Man oh man ... Once again, does anyone else feel I am abusing my power as Commissioner?

I won't be responding to any more of your posts about this mcHAPPY if you insist on maintaining your antagonistic position. Thank you.
                Last edited by Joey; Fri Mar 6, 2015, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote:
                  As did I vote against but that is not the point.

Point was, it was an issue for someone and this former commissioner had no issue letting the league decide.... nor did you.

So you added the issue to be discussed based on Fully suggestion and I added my own concern which I was always going to bring up. It had been in the back of my mind since last year.

That is all cool though. We'll let Joey have his power trip.
                  Sorry I thought the point of that post was saying Joey agreed with Fully and so put it up for vote, but doesn't agree with you so didn't put it up for vote. Which wasn't the case, as someone(myself) who disagreed with Fully was the one to put it to vote.

I believe the things that should be brought to votes are things that have a large impact on the league and those who are in it, not how many people voice their opinions on issues. Money would definitely be a large impact so I added it to the list, even though only Fully had brought it up at the time. On the other hand of things, the dates aren't truly going to have a drastic impact throughout the league, how it works, and how satisfied people are with it, as I'm sure most people would be fine either way. That is why it is an internal matter. Are most people going to be fine with the decision either way? Yes. Then why bother everyone in the league with an "issue" that truly isn't cared about when Joey and I are more than capable of coming up with a solution? With money, are people going to be fine with what was voted either way? No. Thats why it has to be brought up to everyone, because it affects everyone.
                  Last edited by tucas; Fri Mar 6, 2015, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• For example, had I posted after Fully that from now on this league will be for money and no vote was had, people would be pissed. Now if I were to post the offseason schedule has been modified to these dates, is there going to be an issue? I'd like to think not.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                      Sorry I thought the point of that post was saying Joey agreed with Fully and so put it up for vote, but doesn't agree with you so didn't put it up for vote. Which wasn't the case, as someone(myself) who disagreed with Fully was the one to put it to vote.

I believe the things that should be brought to votes are things that have a large impact on the league and those who are in it, not how many people voice their opinions on issues. Money would definitely be a large impact so I added it to the list, even though only Fully had brought it up at the time. On the other hand of things, the dates aren't truly going to have a drastic impact throughout the league, how it works, and how satisfied people are with it, as I'm sure most people would be fine either way. That is why it is an internal matter. Are most people going to be fine with the decision either way? Yes. Then why bother everyone in the league with an "issue" that truly isn't cared about when Joey and I are more than capable of coming up with a solution? With money, are people going to be fine with what was voted either way? No. Thats why it has to be brought up to everyone, because it affects everyone.
                      My name is Axel and I endorse this post.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote:
                        By the way, Mack North did agree with my views on the waiver change (actually, not a change, a solution to how the waiver change was supposed to be run initially), and like so many other things, that is now under the rug with no resolution.
                        I actually agreed as well, and ended up backing you up on that. It hasn't gone anywhere. I just want to be sure that what we believe to be the case, IS in fact true.

Comment

• What are we arguing about ?
                          in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                            What are we arguing about ?
                            Nothing.

Really.

Who cares?

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                              What are we arguing about ?
                              Whether it makes sense to change the resign declaration date for players' years to Oct 1.

Whether this is a decision for the commissioners or a public vote.

The value of voting on every issue/idea.

Do people vote because they care about an issue or just because they are asked to.

Whether bread can safely absorb both oil and water at the same time.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                Whether bread can safely absorb both oil and water at the same time.
                                A good French crusty bread should be able to do both. Personally, and I can't stress this enough, if you absorb water with your bread i hate you. That is basically the only way to ruin bread

Comment

Working...
                                X