This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    100% Agree Axel. I had actually thought that to be the case, but I guess we never elaborated that fully. Correct if I'm wrong, but that is the case in the NBA? They can wait until he clears and then sign him, or, and if only they have the space, they claim his contract.

That will be the understanding going forward, unless we have any serious objections. Shouldn't be too much of an issue to follow.
    NBA you definitely need the cap space to make a claim, since you are absorbing their contract (or cap space in our reality).

The T-Rob claim by Philly actually nicely outlines the full ramifications of a waiver claim.

Denver waived him, with the expectation that his salary would count towards them this season (ensuring they meet the salary floor). Nets tried to sign him and had an agreement to sign him once he cleared waivers. Philly claimed him so that they would reach the salary floor, and because they did, Denver doesn't have his salary count and doesn't (yet) meet the salary floor.

Just means Denver will need to find a way to reach the floor to spread the difference among their roster of players.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Yeah you need cap space to get D-Mo on his first waiver. So if you have 40 or more years, don't bother until after Saturday!

Also important is as Joey stated he is only available on his current deal until Saturday.

If he is not claimed Saturday then everyone can put in a claim and, if team has cap space, can sign him for more than one year.

That is my understanding of rules and discussions that have been had in the past.

Comment

• Not that people are even interested D-Mo.. he's not even that good .. should probably just leave him on waivers ...

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          Not that people are even interested D-Mo.. he's not even that good .. should probably just leave him on waivers ...
          I can't tell if you're sarcastic now or not. Where is the pink font? Lol

Regardless it is good to throw it out there so everyone can be clear.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

I just learned of this pink font ... must be a new thing ... but yes, I suppose it should have been used there. Lol

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Joey wrote: View Post
              I just learned of this pink font ... must be a new thing ... but yes, I suppose it should have been used there. Lol
              I'm am against the pink font. If you can't determine my sarcasm, then so be it. If it starts an awesome post-war, then even better
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I picked a bad time for vacation it seems... lots of scouting and reading to do.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                  I picked a bad time for vacation it seems... lots of scouting and reading to do.
                  Have you read the latest scouting report on Embiid? HE SUCKS.

lol

Comment

• Hahah

mackll have the last laugh tho when embiid owns us next year
                    Last edited by koncept; Thu Feb 26, 2015, 04:37 PM.
                    in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• there are 16 of us, we do one round of draft picks and then the rest of rookies also become free agents?

when do we put up our protected player lists?

do my free agent signings come out of the 70$ i have (currently 69)?

how long does the amnesty last and if possible could i apply it to nick young retroactively?

Comment

• Yes, 16 picks in the rookie draft and the rest go into auction. We will all receive reset on our money next year starting with the same 270 each or whatever the number is before the auction.
                        You get one amnesty and my advice for you is to hold onto it for a long term signing mistake, young will only be on your team one more year.
                        in masai we trust

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                          Yes, 16 picks in the rookie draft and the rest go into auction. We will all receive reset on our money next year starting with the same 270 each or whatever the number is before the auction.
                          You get one amnesty and my advice for you is to hold onto it for a long term signing mistake, young will only be on your team one more year.
                          thanks

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            there are 16 of us, we do one round of draft picks and then the rest of rookies also become free agents?

when do we put up our protected player lists?

do my free agent signings come out of the 70$ i have (currently 69)?

how long does the amnesty last and if possible could i apply it to nick young retroactively?
                            koncept wrote: View Post
                            Yes, 16 picks in the rookie draft and the rest go into auction. We will all receive reset on our money next year starting with the same 270 each or whatever the number is before the auction.
                            $200. But otherwise, nailed it.

Also, if by "protected players" you mean the players you wish to be extended, September 1st is the deadline for that.

Comment

• Can anyone shed some light on our draft lottery procedure ? For example tie breakers and how it all shakes down odds wise.
                              For example do we just attach each teams rank to the coresponding team rankings and go wth the nba draft lottery results?
                              in masai we trust

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                                Can anyone shed some light on our draft lottery procedure ? For example tie breakers and how it all shakes down odds wise.
                                For example do we just attach each teams rank to the coresponding team rankings and go wth the nba draft lottery results?
                                Each dynasty team is matched up with NBA team for draft lottery.

Whatever yahoo says is final standings is final standings.

However lottery plays out is the draft order with teams 1-8 only draft results used.

9-16 is based on regular season and yahoo also determines that.
                                Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sat Feb 28, 2015, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X