This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• koncept wrote: View Post
    i am fine with trading players for nothing but cap release, i dont see anything wrong with the trades that were done and I didnt receive any off the 'giveaways'.

& mchappy you're approach to these discussions are way too hostile sometimes
    Thanks for your input Koncept. Appreciate it!

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
      i am fine with trading players for nothing but cap release, i dont see anything wrong with the trades that were done and I didnt receive any off the 'giveaways'.

& mchappy you're approach to these discussions are way too hostile sometimes
      Noted and will refrain from phone and iPad conversations in future.

Comment

• Once again mcHAPPY, I'd appreciate it if you worked on encouraging our mangers to stick around and not give them reasons to leave.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote:
          Then I suggest the next time I offer to put something to a vote you don't tell me you'd rather not.
          What, being able to reneg on a contract you've already given a guy? A rule change that was obviously motivated by current circumstances you were in? And a rule change that would obviously benefit your situation? Ya, no, I think I made the right call on that, and I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who disagreed with me on that.

But what the heck does that have to do with anything?

Comment

• I think there are a few issues that are the crux of all our situations.

1. Owners engagement.
            2. Responding to 'change' in season.

Because not all owners are on these boards regularly, many issues, concerns, variations are completely ignored by many people. But the unfortunate reality is, once the season has begun, it's not fair to expect an owner (this case mcHappy) to wait for everyone to get 'on board' for the discussion while other people can still claim players off waivers. You can lose out on a perfectly legit strategy while waiting for the council to gather. That's not fair.

If you do bring an issue to the board before doing it (like some people seem to have wanted mcHappy to do) then it won't really go anywhere (perfect example is my draft and stash question to the masses. I asked if months ago and only mchappy responded with an opinion - and when I brought it up this time, citing that only mchappy responded last time, once again, only mchappy responded. So while knowing mchappy's opinion is swell, it doesn't feel that I've actually gotten anywhere. So now my choice is to simply do it and watch the board react, or bring it up again and again until people weigh in).

I don't know if there is a perfect way to deal with this, but my proposal is simple. Since we cannot and will not ever have a perfectly all-encompassing rule book, we will always find things in season. For anything in season, no vote, it's up to the three commissioners to decide the legality (in this case, Tucas and mcHappy said it's fine, Joey didn't, so 2-1 pass). If Tucas had agreed with Joey, then it would have been a simply commish tool to reverse the deal. No harm, no foul.

For off-season stuff, then we can call a vote/discussion of the masses. We have time at this juncture to actually wait for responses (but how long did it take to get enough votes to decide the waiver rule change? Did everyone even vote?)
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote:
              Do you recall stating we should put mosgov back in the free agent pool after he was won?
              Ya I do ... because Yahoo didn't let me bid when I had clear, obvious intention to do so ... once again ... what does that have to do with anything? Lets try and stick to the topic at hand.

Comment

• You guys can decide who takes over my team, but won't someone with commissioner access have to change it on the yahoo end?

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                  You guys can decide who takes over my team, but won't someone with commissioner access have to change it on the yahoo end?
                  I vote Fully runs the team. We are all adults here.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                    You guys can decide who takes over my team, but won't someone with commissioner access have to change it on the yahoo end?
                    I hope you reconsider. No need to resign Fully.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      Usually the outcome when people start calling others opinions Bullshit.
                      True, but my comment was more referring to the general nature of this thread (you and mcHappy included). People are getting way too upset over made-up rules over imaginary basketball.

Comment

I hope you reconsider. No need to resign Fully.
                        Let's take a moment to applaud you on reaching 9,000 posts.

Slow clap..

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          True, but my comment was more referring to the general nature of this thread (you and mcHappy included). People are getting way too upset over made-up rules over imaginary basketball.
                          Totally agreed..if you go back, I was pretty light hearted about the whole thing when discussing the "cash agreements" with Dan.

But I agree Axel. If people have issues they would like to table to the league, from now on, please post them on the Yahoo League Page, and they will be addressed once appropriate feedback has been received.
                          Last edited by Joey; Sun Jan 25, 2015, 08:50 PM.

Comment

I vote Fully runs the team. We are all adults here.
                            Just want to clarify that I'm not pissed off or anything. But as an adult, if I'm going to take part in something that is strictly for fun/enjoyment, then I expect to actually experience those things, have my opinion respected, be able to have rational discussions without tantrums being thrown, and for the playing field to be as fair as possible, etc.

The rules seem to have gotten convoluted, the fun has been sucked out of it, and I don't want to write paragraph after paragraph defending myself or my opinion…. over a friggin' fantasy league with no actual cash on the line! lol. Seriously, it's just not worth my time at this point when all that is at stake is bragging rights with people that I generally like, but don't really know.

And considering half the league seems to have tuned out, maybe I'm not the only one.

So let me know if I need to do anything to release my squad to my successor. Good luck boys! Play nice.
                            Last edited by Fully; Sun Jan 25, 2015, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Totally agreed. But again, that will happen when one gets incredibly defensive, accuses others of "clipping wings" and being a dictator ... if you go back, I was pretty light hearted about the whole thing when discussing the "cash agreements" with Dan.
                              No offence Joey, but the whole placing blame here doesn't help. It just perpetuates the issue and it circle backs around with people being jerks to one another. And no one likes a circle jerk...

Comment

No offence Joey, but the whole placing blame here doesn't help. It just perpetuates the issue and it circle backs around with people being jerks to one another. And no one likes a circle jerk...
                                You're completely right Axel. Edited accordingly.

Comment

Working...
                                X