X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote:
    Right you are.

A pick with protections never to be realized would have sufficed though.
    No such pick exists. The closest you come is a pick that extinguishes and is replaced with cash, another item that fits the requirements of the NBA. There must be a return in a trade. And cap space, as infinitely valuable as it is in the NBA itself , is not allowed to be all you get. In the NBA, anyway.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      No such pick exists. The closest you come is a pick that extinguishes and is replaced with cash, another item that fits the requirements of the NBA. There must be a return in a trade. And cap space, as infinitely valuable as it is in the NBA itself , is not allowed to be all you get. In the NBA, anyway.
      I think you are looking at the NBA too literally for our purposes. It's about assets, and we have a very finite list of assets: players, draft picks, DPE (added value for cap management), and cap space. A fair amount of interpretation is necessary to apply the concepts to our league, not the literal meanings.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• So we will go with the deadline of Sunday, February 1st for input on these issues?

1) dates
        August 1st for draft
        September 1st for resigns declared
        October 1st for years assigned
        7 days prior to auction - finalize rosters/deadline for FA Auction
        Sunday before season tip off - FA Auction

2) roster sizes in season
        Every effort to be at 15 by next waiver processing. (Remove limit on weekly adds and there shouldn't be an issue).

3) roster sizes out of season
        No limit.
        Rosters must be at 15 or less 7 days before FA Auction

4) legality of player for cap year trades (or nothing as some call it)
        Allowed. Consequences for both parties.

5) number adds per week in season/playoffs
        in season - no limit
        playoffs - no adds permitted.

6) Money
        I think the set up of this league and the ongoing, year to year nature of it should be enticing enough. As has been stated, there is no other fantasy league like it. If that doesn't interest someone, we should look for people who are interested. No money.

7) legality of moves
        If it doesn't explicitly state, I say allow. We can then look at making rule change. There should be no retroactive though. Unwinding one move could have a butterfly effect. A vote against would mean no more moving forward.

8) Using a roster space on a player without an NBA contract (usually international draft picks)
        No.
        Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Jan 26, 2015, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
          1) dates
          I think for the most part the dates are down except within respect to issue #3. If I'm missing something else I'll address it.
          2) roster sizes in season
          I vote there should be no restrictions on trades forcing equal numbers of player to be exchanged so long as the team is filled back to 15 via the wire ASAP.
          I vote on no restrictions on roster sizes out of the season, but looking at how early free agency was discussed last offseason I don't think 2 days is enough. People need time to adjust their draft strategy. I'm willing to vote for a 15 man max roster a week before our draft.(gives a week of preseason to see your players play)
          I vote in favour of cap year trades.
          I don't see an issue in this anymore with the addition of our waiver wire this season. I vote no restrictions.
          6)Money in future seasons.
          I vote against it. Could get sticky if someones in charge of holding the money and tensions boil.

Also please refrain from arguing votes as thats clearly already been done. Minds have been made up so votes should be cast and left at that.
          Question in regards to voting on the legality of the trade; are we voting to over-turn the deal or simply ban future practice? If it is to over-turn, how exactly is that handled?

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Input:

1) dates - I honestly don't know what this one is even really about, but what Tucas and mcHappy both said works for me. so...yay?
            August 1st for draft
            September 1st for resigns declared
            October 1st for years assigned
            7 days prior to auction - finalize rosters/deadline for FA Auction
            Sunday before season tip off - FA Auction

2) roster sizes in season - Reasonable effort shouldn't be an issue. I only see this even being a competitive issue if it drags on for long periods of time or if the person is using that extra space in subsequent trades. If a player is that close to the cap, then they shouldn't be allowed to use their "empty" cap slot space to work a trade. Easy fix on that is that any empty slot automatically carries a 1 yr cap hit when evaluating trades under the cap.

A week before auction seems reasonable.

Allowed. Consequences for both parties.

in season - I would still like to see a limit, or before we know it someone will be trying to take advantage of daily lineups changes by moving players in and out at every waiver. 3 is fine with the understanding that if someone has a lot of holes to fill, it may take an extra waiver to get it all done. I see less risk in allowing someone to carry an empty spot for 4 days than I do for allowing people to really work the daily lineup changes with a hundred adds.
            playoffs - what did we do last year?

6) Money
            I think money is a terrible decision. How upset people are getting over these issues should be proof enough that money isn't a solution.

Comment

• And since we are talking about rules and all this fun stuff, I do admit I question the legality of Koncept claiming Dario Saric off waivers.

Saric hasn't signed an entry level contract with the NBA, so the idea that he is claimable off waivers isn't realistic. Without a valid NBA deal, he shouldn't technically exist except as draft rights. Since no one holds his draft rights, shouldn't we have to wait until he legally joins the NBA? It's not like he signed his contract and then went to the D-League or something, he legally doesn't exist in NBA contract terms.

Not to mention, the competitive aspect that this brings up. Signing a guy who isn't even in the NBA this year (or next year); not exactly a playoff push move.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                And since we are talking about rules and all this fun stuff, I do admit I question the legality of Koncept claiming Dario Saric off waivers.

Saric hasn't signed an entry level contract with the NBA, so the idea that he is claimable off waivers isn't realistic. Without a valid NBA deal, he shouldn't technically exist except as draft rights. Since no one holds his draft rights, shouldn't we have to wait until he legally joins the NBA? It's not like he signed his contract and then went to the D-League or something, he legally doesn't exist in NBA contract terms.

Not to mention, the competitive aspect that this brings up. Signing a guy who isn't even in the NBA this year (or next year); not exactly a playoff push move.
                I added this to my post.

I've got 8 issues up in the air right now.

Comment

• I emailed following via Yahoo! and via private message here on RR to everyone:

There has been some controversy of late regarding interpretations of rules/CBA and what is permitted and what should not be.

tucas said it best: Please refrain from arguing votes as thats clearly already been done. Minds have been made up so votes should be cast and left at that.

Please log in to RR and post in the Dynasty Season 3 thread your opinions/votes on the following matters. If you don't vote, you lose right to have your say.

There are currently 8 issues:

1) Dates and deadlines for draft, resigns, years assigned, roster set for auction.

2) in season roster sizes

3) off season roster sizes

4) legality of trading a player for cap space/years

5) number of adds per week in season/playoffs

6) buying in/money

7) legality of moves that are not clearly stated/specified

8) adding a player without an NBA contract (usually going to be foreign draft pick, i.e. owning rights)

Deadline to reply is Sunday, February 1st. Updates to CBA will be made afterwards. Again, please post votes in thread and refrain from debates - minds made up, lets move forward with majority.

Comment

• Lost in all this craziness was a big win in the battle of titans by Mack North over Skywalkers.

Comment

Lost in all this craziness was a big win in the battle of titans by Mack North over Skywalkers.
                      Axel, we aren't supposed to be talking about "big win's" here.... come on man! Focus! lol

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        I emailed following via Yahoo! and via private message here on RR to everyone:
                        I've followed some of the chatter as much as i could. That being said, I haven't read every single thing that's been posted, but here are my thoughts on the current issues.

1) I'm fine with August 1 draft/September 1 resigns declared/October 1st years assigned/7 days prior to auction/Sunday before season tip - FA Auction.

2.) Make an effort to have a a full 15 team roster while in the season... sounds about right

3.) I'm fine with having more than 15 on the roster during the off season, as long as it's down to a 15-man roster 7 days before the FA auction. I don't see how a team that has, say, 18 players under contract 8 days before the auction, but had to drop at least 3 players 7 days before the auction would affect how I draft at all. The way i see it, the team carrying those extra players will pay for it in cap years since by that time all years will have been assigned. And a team releasing a few more players into the free agent pool, doesn't really affect the way I would prepare for the FA auction.

4.) All trades should be allowed. We are all serious here. If a team wants to trade a player, for any reason, for what they need in return, I say let it roll. The only 'illegal' trade is when there is collusion, but if the 2 sides argue their side, and explain why they did what they did, it is a legitimate trade. McHappy traded Ibaka to get Gobert, and although there are people who wouldn't do that trade, he obviously knows exactly why he did it. Pekovic gets traded for cap relief. Sure, why not. I have no problem with it.

5.) I like the idea of having a limit on adds per week. It makes you think long and hard about moves. I don't like being a part of leagues where at the end of the season, guys have hundreds of moves. I believe that limitations on roster additions is a good thing. Currently, a teams ability to grab a guy off the waiver wire is hindered by cap, waiver wire budget, and number of moves per week. I like it.

On the other side, No adds permitted during playoffs would definitely be interesting, but I'm not sure Im' ready to go there. Maybe you get 1 add per week? But whether it's 3 adds, or no adds, none of that bothers me because in the end both teams MUST abide by the same rules, and that puts us all on the same playing field.

6.) I don't play in any leagues for money. This is all about free fun with the reward of pride. If it became a money league, as much as I enjoy being a part of this league, I'd be out.

7.) I'm not too sure of what is meant here by #7, so I'll just pass on that

8.) I'm fine if a team wants to add a player without an NBA contract. If they want to roster a guy who 'might' come over, and use a roster spot for that, then go for it. Some managers are going to love it, and use it. Others won't use it at all. It simply becomes another point where strategy can be incorporated, and to that i say why not?

Comment

• Thanks, skywalker.

As to #7, it means if the rules don't explicitly state something is not allowed, should it be allowed?

Comment

Lost in all this craziness was a big win in the battle of titans by Mack North over Skywalkers.
                            And coach scored a big win over tucas.

Comment

Question in regards to voting on the legality of the trade; are we voting to over-turn the deal or simply ban future practice? If it is to over-turn, how exactly is that handled?
                              If it's voted against I think it should be overturned. It'd be something the commishes could do quite easily.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                                If it's voted against I think it should be overturned. It'd be something the commishes could do quite easily.
                                My concern isn't over the ability of the commish tools but rather the ramifications. Games have been played, waiver claims been taken, etc etc etc

Comment

Working...
                                X