Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way I see it, there are 3 reasons why someone doesn't have their "optimal" lineup set.

1. Inactive or in attentive owner. Short term due to real life is excusable but long term or frequent isn't. We've all had rough times but lines up take 2 mins of your day to set for the week. (I've set mine while living in the hospital for 2 weeks over Christmas). This needs to be monitored and action taken when appropriate.

2. Strategic sit on Sat/Sun in an attempt to win categories like TO and %s. This is totally fair game even though not everyone subscribes to it.

3. Sitting players for the sole purpose of increasing the chance that you'll lose the weekly matchup and gain in the draft lotto. This isn't cool and is something that (long term) likely needs addressed.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      We've got Dario Saric on a team.

Is there any chance he plays this year?
      Stashing a player is a different scenario. Saric (while the international aspect isn't something I agree with) is basically like a rookie who gets little PT. Long term investment isn't the same as "trying to lose".

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• So when fully left the league, I was the one to set his lineups while we waited to see if he was coming back or replaced with miekenstien.

The last PM I sent Joey I said I would set KIR lineup until he either came back or we found a new owner. Like most things I sent PM with Joey of late I never did hear back.

So now that I am not commish and KIR has stated he is out, who will set his lineups? And if his lineups are not set by an active owner, shouldn't I have option of rescinding trade with drizz since trades were made thinking two of the top players in the league would be playing when roster spots were open?

Also, we never did get a conclusion to previous CBA things up for debate and the trade deadline is approaching. What is the situation there?

Finally, we have no resolution for resolving grievances. Axel suggested commishes decide. I suggested a seconded motion with 1 week deadline for league to vote. Any other suggestions? I really don't care, processes need to be in place to make decisions and right now they are not.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          Stashing a player is a different scenario. Saric (while the international aspect isn't something I agree with) is basically like a rookie who gets little PT. Long term investment isn't the same as "trying to lose".
          I respect your opinion but hold a different one on the matter.

Again I feel as a dynasty league decisions are made beyond this season. There are numerous ways to build a team and neither is proven to guarantee results.

As a league this is another issue that needs to be addressed but we have no way to resolve disagreements at this time - despite my attempts previously as a commissioner to get something done.

Comment

• If he puts Saric in the lineup over someone else, then there's a problem. To me, that is what you did.

Comment

We've got Dario Saric on a team.

Is there any chance he plays this year?
              That wasn't my point at all. By all means keep Capella and Bruno on your team, even though they may not play. Im just saying you shouldn't put them in your lineup when you have active players available. Like I said, if you want to bench your better players, that's your strategy, but at least play active players, otherwise it's no different than not setting your lineup or leaving those spots blank.

Comment

Way I see it, there are 3 reasons why someone doesn't have their "optimal" lineup set.

1. Inactive or in attentive owner. Short term due to real life is excusable but long term or frequent isn't. We've all had rough times but lines up take 2 mins of your day to set for the week. (I've set mine while living in the hospital for 2 weeks over Christmas). This needs to be monitored and action taken when appropriate.

2. Strategic sit on Sat/Sun in an attempt to win categories like TO and %s. This is totally fair game even though not everyone subscribes to it.

3. Sitting players for the sole purpose of increasing the chance that you'll lose the weekly matchup and gain in the draft lotto. This isn't cool and is something that (long term) likely needs addressed.
                The bold I agree 100% on.

Yet again, as a league how do we address that?

I suggested a solution but never heard back from Joey. I put it on the forum and am more than open to hearing others opinions.

On all of these issues I really don't care about what is done, just that we have rules in place and they are followed with consequences/solutions of they are not.

I'm happy to go with whatever. Since Joey is the commissioner I think he needs to start making some decisions with input from the league on what to do - but that is just this lowly owners opinion lol

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                  That wasn't my point at all. By all means keep Capella and Bruno on your team, even though they may not play. Im just saying you shouldn't put them in your lineup when you have active players available. Like I said, if you want to bench your better players, that's your strategy, but at least play active players, otherwise it's no different than not setting your lineup or leaving those spots blank.
                  There is a lot of gray in my opinion.

They are active players on the yahoo! system and were eligible to play last night.

Comment

If he puts Saric in the lineup over someone else, then there's a problem. To me, that is what you did.
                    Again I respect your opinion.

They are nba players, were eligible to play last night so I respectfully disagree.

Comment

There is a lot of gray in my opinion.

They are active players on the yahoo! system and were eligible to play last night.
                      Except Capella was wearing a suit and had 0% chance of playing.

Comment

Again I respect your opinion.

They are nba players, were eligible to play last night so I respectfully disagree.
                        I look at it much more simply.

Was the decision made to improve your chances of losing this week?

I believe the answer is yes and disagree with the practice.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                          Except Capella was wearing a suit and had 0% chance of playing.
                          He played last week.

I don't check lineups 20 minutes before game time.

But I really don't want to argue or cause drama....really.

We need to clue up these areas of disagreement or lacking clarity.

Since Joey stepped up as commish today and made decision to turf me, maybe this might be the start of decisions made so we can move onwards? Apollo did a great job setting up framework of the league but there is no way he could have foreseen all of this.

Comment

I look at it much more simply.

Was the decision made to improve your chances of losing this week?

I believe the answer is yes and disagree with the practice.
                            There is no way I'm winning the matchup without turnovers and free throw percentage. I had rebounds in check along with assists. I'm close enough in points and blocks that I could have a chance - but no way to get there without ft and turnovers.

Now you might think I'm full of shit here but as an owner and a GM and a coach (lol) who is another person to tell me what to do? I'm still bothered over the backlash on the ibaka trade. I thought it was low class to call out another person's decision.

Comment

• Hmm. Interesting thought process here. We are effectively acting as both manager and coach. Managers often make moves for the long term while sacrificing the short term. Coaches much less so. To suggest a manager might make a trade or signing in the hopes of improving in the future, perhaps at the expense of the now, or even going so far as to say they intentionally lost, is not a strange thing to say. To suggest a coach would intentionally play players who gave them a worse chance to win is not really based in reality. The only possible reasoning is development, which is irrelevant in fantasy.

To me, it is hard to set a rule, but it is certainly against the spirit of the game to lose on purpose. Now, this might seem rich coming from the last place team, but even I make sure to set my lineups, and as optimally as possible. And although I won't (as a manager) make moves that sacrifice the future to improve this year, neither will I (as a coach) intentionally lose a week. I never play Tyler Ennis over MCW for example.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Hmm. Interesting thought process here. We are effectively acting as both manager and coach. Managers often make moves for the long term while sacrificing the short term. Coaches much less so. To suggest a manager might make a trade or signing in the hopes of improving in the future, perhaps at the expense of the now, or even going so far as to say they intentionally lost, is not a strange thing to say. To suggest a coach would intentionally play players who gave them a worse chance to win is not really based in reality. The only possible reasoning is development, which is irrelevant in fantasy.

To me, it is hard to set a rule, but it is certainly against the spirit of the game to lose on purpose. Now, this might seem rich coming from the last place team, but even I make sure to set my lineups, and as optimally as possible. And although I won't (as a manager) make moves that sacrifice the future to improve this year, neither will I (as a coach) intentionally lose a week. I never play Tyler Ennis over MCW for example.
                                Nice post.

You will also never see a player intentionally throw the ball out of bounds but you will see players get 'rest' or a team keep an injured player out longer than necessary with questionable motives. You will also see management trade away productive players for future assets. Do we stop trading picks and prospects for established players?

In the end management decisions are what matters and if coaches or players don't toe the line there are consequences.

Comment

Working...
                                X