This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    This would be fairly unprecedented. Can't say we've ever seen this yet ... not saying it can't be done, but have we even discussed trading future picks as a league? As I believe this would constitute the trading of a future pick.
    Might wanna put a limit on it. Wouldn't want me trading all my picks until 2020 but I see nothing wrong with trading a pick within a year.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
      Not entirely sure if it's been discussed. But I've been throwing my next years pick in trade talks all season.
      Hahah Good to know!

tucas wrote: View Post
      Might wanna put a limit on it. Wouldn't want me trading all my picks until 2020 but I see nothing wrong with trading a pick within a year.
      Ya, exactly what I was thinking. Would get pretty unruly to track otherwise; but ya, I have no problem with that. Anyone else want to chime in on the trading of Future Picks?

For me, this is sort of the like 1-for-0 trades mcHAPPY did earlier in the season; I never have offered my futures because I just sort of assumed it to be a no-go, as Yahoo obviously doesn't allow it. I imagine others are in the same boat.
      Last edited by Joey; Tue Jun 2, 2015, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• Next season's is fine as you guys said. I've got no issues with that. So the most that could be traded at once is 2 first rounders.

Comment

• Seems like an obvious solution is that futures can only be traded in this stretch of the season - leading up to the draft. That way the entirety of the trade can be captured in Yahoo when the next season rolls around.

During the season it would be difficult to track via Yahoo.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Seems like an obvious solution is that futures can only be traded in this stretch of the season - leading up to the draft. That way the entirety of the trade can be captured in Yahoo when the next season rolls around.

During the season it would be difficult to track via Yahoo.
            Was also thinking this as well.

Comment

• I don't think it would be different than keeping track of amnesty records. I would think that the same rules as the league implies where you can't trade out of two consecutive drafts would be fair as well. Just need to cap how far into the future to go.

Future planning is important here as we are a never ending dynasty league.

Comment

• My .02:

Make it like the NBA with Ted Stepien Rule (i.e. can't trade first round draft picks in successive seasons).

Can go as far in to the future as you want as long as you adhere to Stepien Rule (apparently needs to be renamed the Tucas Rule for our purposes - lol).

Very easy to keep track of in the league cap sheet thread, similar to:
                http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dra...rafts/detailed

When season rolls around with pick due, teams just send a trade proposal that evens up the draft picks (i.e. what I did with DanH last season - 1st for 15th).

Comment

• Personally have no issue with trading future picks without restriction, but if we want to follow the NBA Stepien rule, then that makes sense too. Might be more work to track if we start adding in protected picks is all (I've included protected picks/right swaps in trade proposals already - sadly none came to fruition).

Re-naming it after Tucas seems appropriate.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Something such as this is easily added to cap sheet thread:

TEAM CREDIT DEBIT
                    Axel
                    ceez
                    DanH
                    drizz
                    Fully
                    James Ballswin
                    jbml
                    Joey
                    koncept
                    mcHAPPY
                    Mack North
                    Miekenstien
                    skywalker
                    The Coach
                    tucas
                    WJF
                    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sat Jun 6, 2015, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      I don't think it would be different than keeping track of amnesty records. I would think that the same rules as the league implies where you can't trade out of two consecutive drafts would be fair as well. Just need to cap how far into the future to go.

Future planning is important here as we are a never ending dynasty league.
                      I agree we would maybe want to include a limitation on how far ahead you can trade a pick, but otherwise I'm leaning toward to just adhereing to the Ted Stepien Rule (Tucas Rule) and all is good.

Comment

I agree we would maybe want to include a limitation on how far ahead you can trade a pick, but otherwise I'm leaning toward to just adhereing to the Ted Stepien Rule (Tucas Rule) and all is good.
                        Here is a basic 'tutorial' on rukes regarding trading picks:

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/12/trading-future-draft.html

7 years is the NBA limit

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          Here is a basic 'tutorial' on rukes regarding trading picks:

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/12/t...ure-draft.html

7 years is the NBA limit
                          7 Years IS a long time, even in Fantasy-land, but I'm not going anywhere. That's only 3 picks, which sounds perfect to me.

What do people think about that?
                          Last edited by Joey; Wed Jun 3, 2015, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Aye

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              Aye
                              Sorry, edited to maybe allow for discussion on the time limit, but yes, vote AYE if you just agree.

Comment

Sorry, edited to maybe allow for discussion on the time limit, but yes, vote AYE if you just agree.
                                So to clarify, I can trade my pick each year but I can't owe picks in consecutive seasons. So I can trade my pick each season for the next 7 seasons but I just can't owe them in consecutive years?

So if I traded my pick for 2 years from now I could no longer trade my pick for next year. But if I were to trade my pick for next season I could trade my pick for 2 season from now in that season because I no longer owe from the season before?

I ask because I don't find much fantasy value in the 13-16 pick every season.

Comment

Working...
                                X