Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The celebration parties are just starting to wind down. Most of the players are still in the afterglow of a dramatic win. But for management, it's back to business.

The team will be releasing Jarrett Jack and Dwane Wade. They both played a key role at various moments for this franchise. We wish them all the best in their future.

Skywalker is pleased to announce that we will be offering contract extensions to both Pau Gasol and Khris Middleton. Pau has experienced an absolute resurgence this year, and we believe he still has a few good years left in him yet. Khris really impressed management as he seemed to get better and better as the season went on. He's a part of core now.

Contract details will be realized at a later date.
    Last edited by skywalker; Thu Apr 9, 2015, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• Skywalker starting things off with two big drops! Welcome to the Off Season ladies and gentlemen! Have fun!

In light of that announcement, I'd also like to make a quick announcement...
      Tucas and I have both agreed on bringing on Axel as a Co-Commissioner to help out, and figure what better time than now with the Off-Season looking to be a busy one. Axel will slide in as Cap-Sheet Treasurer as well, but we can figure that out in due process.

Axel has been an active & vocal manager within the league and looks to be a great addition to the RRBA Management.

Thanks Axel for stepping in and helping out!

Comment

• skywalker wrote: View Post
        The celebration parties are just starting to wind down. Most of the players are still in the afterglow of a dramatic win. But for management, it's back to business.
        Where was the parade held?? Lol Sorry I missed it. :P

Comment

• Hey guys. Can a newbie join on in next year?

I'd love to join. It'll be my 1st fantasy b-ball experience, but I've done well, especially in baseball.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
            Hey guys. Can a newbie join on in next year?

I'd love to join. It'll be my 1st fantasy b-ball experience, but I've done well, especially in baseball.
            Thanks for the interest! Not sure there will be any room in Dynasty, but if you wanted to throw your name in for Keeper League (right next door) I'm sure we could accommodate you! I believe we have a couple managers that are no longer active; but I will have to confirm that.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              Thanks for the interest! Not sure there will be any room in Dynasty, but if you wanted to throw your name in for Keeper League (right next door) I'm sure we could accommodate you! I believe we have a couple managers that are no longer active; but I will have to confirm that.
              I'd love to join up.

PM me with more info when you can, Joey. You the man.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• I believe it is time to put something in place to rectify issues or conflicts as they arise in a timely manner without unnecessary drama.

This is something I have been asking for for the past few months both as a co-commissioner and as an 'owner' but the request has been ignored or pushed to the side each and every time.

The current set up does not work because frankly we have nothing and it ends up in heated arguments. I take a large portion and majority of the blame for this as I tend to take the league a wee bit too seriously, am extremely stubborn, and ridiculously opinionated. A terrible trifecta ingrained in my personality.

I really don't care what the system or policy is but I believe it should be voted on by the league and made part of the CBA. There were two options put forth in the past:

1) Axel suggested with 3 commissioners, any issue is given to them and they can make the decision as there are 3 votes.
                2) I had suggested any issue is put to the league, it has a short time period to be seconded by another owner. If it is not seconded, the issue is dead. If it is seconded, it would be put to a vote by league with a deadline.

I am not sure if anyone else wishes to add another option or has an opinion.

The last thing I want to do now is start another argument. However, I don't think it is unreasonable to have a policy in place to deal with unforeseen issues arising. As we have learned, things will arise (1 for 0 trades/cap space trades, for example) or someone will have an idea to make the league run better (waiver wire, for example). It would be nice to have something in place that can lead to a better league without taking the incredible fun out of it getting there.

Comment

• I think with 3 Commissioners now in place, if we can't come to a decision then we will look for others opinions.
                  But that's just me - I'd be curious to hear what people have in mind!

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    I think with 3 Commissioners now in place, if we can't come to a decision then we will look for others opinions.
                    But that's just me - I'd be curious to hear what people have in mind!

That was Axel's thoughts as well.

I still prefer my suggestion for more reason than because it is my own - lol.

My concern with Axel's suggestion is there are 16 owners. What might not be a concern for 3 owners could be a concern for multiple other owners.

What I think the role of the commishes should be is to ensure the proposed change doesn't impact the original premise, integrity, or spirit of the league. For example, someone wanting to change to a 12 man roster or change the free agency draft to an snake order or changing the positions (PG, SG, G, SF, etc.) can GTFOH. However as we've seen operational or procedural changes (such the changes to waiver wire) did in fact make the league run much better.

Comment

• I've said my peace.

My hope is we can put it up to the league to decide once and for all..... and then it is done.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        That was Axel's thoughts as well.

I still prefer my suggestion for more reason than because it is my own - lol.

My concern with Axel's suggestion is there are 16 owners. What might not be a concern for 3 owners could be a concern for multiple other owners.
                        Fair enough, but I think we would certainly solicit opinions beforehand as well, and base ours off of that. I can't see us discussing something as commissioners unless it is posed to the league with legitimate backing. But if even then we cannot decide, then we would look for a vote or something.

mcHAPPY wrote:
                        What I think the role of the commishes should be is to ensure the proposed change doesn't impact the original premise, integrity, or spirit of the league. For example, someone wanting to change to a 12 man roster or change the free agency draft to an snake order or changing the positions (PG, SG, G, SF, etc.) can GTFOH. However as we've seen operational or procedural changes (such the changes to waiver wire) did in fact make the league run much better.
                        Also fair points, but I can't see any changes that large being made to this league at this point. 3 Full Seasons in has allowed to see the majority of holes that were left from the inaugural CBA, and have thusly been filled.
                        But again, I'm open to listening to the discussion!

Comment

• Sorry, one more thought.

Even when I was a commissioner I didn't agree with leaving the decisions up to commissioners.

This season tucas and myself were right in the middle of one of the debates of cap space only trades as we executed a trade.

In that situation, 2 of 3 commissioners would likely have agreed and it would have passed. For anyone who opposed, there might have been a little animosity in such a situation.

The proposal I put forth allows for anyone who wants a say to have a say. I personally feel that is extremely important.

Comment

• I think a system of:

1) The idea is floated by a member.
                            2) The idea is debated in the thread.
                            3) The commissioners decide whether the issue is worth voting on, or rejecting out of hand (based on said debate or lack thereof).
                            4) If needed, the issue is put to a vote.

... Is just fine. In general, if you are commissioner you are expected to act in the interest of the league and not let personal stakes drive your decisions. And if you don't trust the commissioners in the league you are in, the experience will probably not be all that pleasant anyway, as every transaction could be suspect.

Ultimately, if the commissioners make a change that a fair number of people strongly disagree with, I imagine people would speak up, and a solution would be found (likely an after-the-fact vote). And for all the votes we had this season, never once did
                            I see more than two or three posters really getting into a debate over the issues.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                              I'd love to join up.

PM me with more info when you can, Joey. You the man.
                              We need do a "D-League" equivalent Fantasy league. Whoever is interested and is currently on the 'waiting' list must play in that league first. Top 3 then become in the discussion to get promoted to Dynasty

Comment

• skywalker wrote: View Post
                                We need do a "D-League" equivalent Fantasy league. Whoever is interested and is currently on the 'waiting' list must play in that league first. Top 3 then become in the discussion to get promoted to Dynasty
                                This is the Keeper League. Yea, Yea, You won both, blah blah blah lol

Comment

Working...
                                X