X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    I don't know.

I caved last second and gave up my pick. The draft rarely if ever goes as it should and he is going to have best chance of getting in to the top 3.

Add to that Smart who is showing a lot of potential.

Throw in Sullinger.

Finally, the wild card in The Coach's pick.

We'll see what happens.
    Mack North wrote: View Post
    He did seem to get a decent haul, I'd just have a hard time giving up established superstar talent for the unknown. But he's trying to put his stamp on his team. I was away when the trade went down so I didn't even know til now who was involved! lol

I just thought the meme kinda funny...
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Oh yeah, meme funny no doubt.

I just think everyone got fair value. I was hoping I would beat Drizz last week and didn't think koncept would get a 7th win. I thought I was going to drop a spot or two in draft by giving my pick. Looks like it is going to be 4 spots - maybe more.

Oh well, the best trades are when everybody gets what they want.
    i think the trade was fair. curry is wicked but i don't trust his ankles, boston super stoked with smart, better shot than what i assume my pick would have been worth, followed up with bosh, and exactly wanting to put my stamp on this team and really make it mine.

curry was great for a quick rebuild to pair with lebron, because that is also who came with this team, haha

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote:
      I deleted the other proposed Dynasty thread.

I'll start it up in the future.

It is off to a rough start with too much "bullsh!t" dragged from this league.

Just a heads up for anyone who wasn't following Fully's hijack in the other thread, he intends on pushing the idea of making this a money league despite it being voted down by the league.
      Matt, the time has come that you need to accept responsibility for the bullshit you are referring to. All the drama this season, has been caused by you; not Joey, not Fully, not anyone else. People don't have to agree with everyone all the time, but this stuff has got to stop.

I saw Fully's posts in your now deleted thread. He didn't say he was pushing any idea, he said that you would probably have an easier time making this league cash than starting another new league. Not the same thing. Not even a little bit.

Now you're throwing it out in this league for what purpose? To cause a stir? To rally people against Fully? I really don't get your motives at this point. No good can come of this.

This league is great. The league runs great. We have a really good group of owners who are active and intelligent. If it wasn't for the crap in this thread, this would be probably the best fantasy league out there. Time to stop everything else.

Adam Silver runs the NBA, both with and for the owners. Owners vote on certain issues, but they don't really get a say on everything. Silver and the league front office make decisions that some owners may not like, but is for the best of the league. Joey is our Adam Silver. I have no problem with that. No one else really seems to have a problem with that.

Last edited by Axel; Wed Mar 11, 2015, 08:41 AM.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote:
        But you're right, this league is great. Don't forget who essentially ran it and, despite not having all decisions made go the way I would have liked, did get issues resolved.

Don't get me wrong Matt, you've been a big help running the cap sheets, but don't think this league wouldn't be great if it weren't for you. Apollo, Joey, myself, and all the owners, had a piece in what this league. Don't think you had any more to do with it than anyone else. Time to stop being bitter about being stripped as co-commisioner and enjoy the league. You're the only one who raises "issues" that there is no need to change. Leave it be and enjoy what this league is, knowing that you had a piece in it too. But by no means have you "essentially ran it."

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote:
          I'm not bitter about being stripped as co-commissioner. Titles mean very little. What I'm bitter about is there is still no method to resolve concerns people might have with the running of the league - all the way from our mighty commissioner down to the newest of our owners and our lowly former commissioner.
          But have you seen anyone else express concerns with how Joey and I are running this league? I don't see what the issue is.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            Ya I've now looked at them 3 or 4 times, and I think I understand them less and less each time.

Maybe final standings will reflect what Yahoo says, and its only now that they don't...? Lol Stupid thing.
            I think Yahoo is punishing me for deviating from using the Simpsons as my meme of choice.

Yahoo is all like

and I'm all like

and the rest of you are all like

Which makes my team feel like

Which reminds me that

and

Until

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote:
              Axel attempts to be the great mediator here now yet during the Great Waiver Debate he was questioning anyone (DanH in particular) who disagreed with his position on the waiver change.
              Have to disagree at that little shot attempt.

I voiced an opinion, tried to ask those who were voting against it to elaborate on their rationale (because they simple voted without any reasoning explained) and really don't remember doing anything in particular to DanH (I remember you had a lovely little back and forth with him, where you got quite annoyed and Dan was just discussing theory with no emotional involvement).

You can say all is fine, but until you step away from the keyboard and stop taking shots at other owners (Joey, Fully - who you basically railroaded out of the league for no reason, now me), things won't be fine.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote:
                When you state DanH voted in a particular manner only to get back in my good graces, I think you took a shot at him.

Good luck all!
                The fact that he would even need to get back in your good graces likely paints the bigger picture than a single comment that Dan responded to and no issue existed....

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote:
                  You and Joey can take credit for running the league from here on out. Saying you guys were running the league up until now is just inaccurate outside of a scattered "approve trade" click.
                  Right. Because you've been doing the cap sheets from the start. I did it for a year and a half before you did it, and the only reason you took over was because it's more convenient to be able to do an instant update than having to update an excel sheet and post it every once in a while. The foundation of this league was set by Apollo and Joey, for the first year and a half you didn't do much in making this league what it is. Very little has changed since you became a commissioner. Honestly you haven't done as much as you think you've done.

Comment

• Heir, Prince of Cambridge

Comment

• What a perfect time to start seeing a whole lot of Injured when looking at my My Team page on Yahoo! This week I don't care, just hope they're healthy for next week and beyond if I advance...

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote:
                        I deleted the other proposed Dynasty thread.

I'll start it up in the future.

It is off to a rough start with too much "bullsh!t" dragged from this league.

Just a heads up for anyone who wasn't following Fully's hijack in the other thread, he intends on pushing the idea of making this a money league despite it being voted down by the league.
                        Whoa! Thanks a lot for blowing my cover!

Seriously, I'm not even sure what you're accusing me of. You've dreamed up a scenario where I've got this secret master plan to get everyone playing for money, or that I'm going to slide into people's bank accounts and take $25 from them when they aren't looking unless they keep their guard up around me, or that I'm constantly badgering innocent people to change their minds and do it my way.

The reality is that I brought the idea up a couple months ago, it was voted on, and I haven't mentioned it since. Mainly because I don't really care one way or the other, I just think it'd be fun if it happened. And that's me being completely transparent. It's $25. It's fantasy friggin' basketball. It really doesn't matter. Sometimes I think you need a reminder of this; the way you talk about things on here it's obvious that you really do take it too seriously.

PS - Joey/Tucas, you guys are doing a great job.
                        Last edited by Fully; Wed Mar 11, 2015, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• PPS - Axel, your team stinks and I will enjoy crushing you this week.

Comment

• I know it was voted on and lost. But I still think that adding just 20-25 season would make it a lot more fun. What's 25 for a whole year... Not too much considering all the time I know we all invest in this

Super happy with this league and how it's run tho.
                            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• now that i am at the cap am i still allowed to drop and sign players?

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                                now that i am at the cap am i still allowed to drop and sign players?
                                Yep! But can only sign them for the rest of the year, and you can't resign them at the end of the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X