This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• koncept wrote: View Post
    How many more rule changed are really going to happen in the future ?
    I honestly feel that if there are big enough issues that arise the commissioners will put it to a vote. Why are we making such a big deal out of this.

"I wouldn't be opposed" = "I couldn't care a less about how this issue goes". Doesn't mean I don't care about this league, but I do not think this is a big issue.

We really don't know.

But if something does come up, and it will, it would be nice to have something in place to address it in a consistent manner that insures fairness.

And while you don't think THIS is a big deal, what happens when the day comes up and something you and a few others feel is a big deal is dismissed?
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Fri Apr 10, 2015, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• Let's Vote!

Please provide "YAY" or "NAY" as your vote to the following:

Vote wrote:
      Commissioner, and Co-Commissioners, will have final word on any issue brought to the forum, and based on evidence provided, will determine whether something is deemed crucial enough to the importance and well being of our league, to be voted on as collective of Managers.

Vote is Open for Until April 30th, or earlier, if full participation is achieved.

Comment

• NAY

The issue is ensuring that the commissioner or 2 co-commissioners don't have the ability to stop a change, which does not alter the premise of the league, and that the collective majority of the owners would like to see occur if given an opportunity to have a say on the matter.
        The wording of that does nothing to address my concern nor does it give anyone a choice to the option I have put forth.

EDIT:

That concern would be addressed with a NAY vote majority so there is that.

And if the YAY wins out then it wouldn't have mattered anyways.

So in hindsight, good job and thank you for tabling the matter promptly, Joey.
        Last edited by mcHAPPY; Fri Apr 10, 2015, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• YAY.

Is this a real thing? The commissioners are all reasonable people who have given no reason not to trust them. I also trust their judgement that if something is being hotly contested - and really, how many things can come up now after 3 years that will truly be hot button issues - that they will make the appropriate steps to make sure everyone's voice is heard. I have absolutely 0 concerns about the way they will operate moving forward, and I can't believe this much time has been spent on this. Seriously, the league is fantastic when it's not being bogged down by shit like this. Give it up.

I vote to remove McHappy as an owner. Every single piece of drama/bullshit during the league's existence has had a common denominator, which is him at the middle of it. He has repeatedly managed to suck the fun out this thing and has exhibited behaviour that can be described as disrespectful, abusive, and bordering on obsessive.

My 2.

Comment

• Thanks Fully!

Whatever the decision is made will be the end of it all.

That is what I am looking for as much as anyone.

And if majority want me out, that is cool too.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              Thanks Fully!

Whatever the decision is made will be the end of it all.

That is what I am looking for as much as anyone.

And if majority want me out, that is cool too.
              Haha yeah, this will be the end…. until you ignite another huge shit storm 3 days from now.

Haven't you already "signed off for the offseason" once already? Or was that one of the posts you deleted out of embarrassment during your last temper tantrum?

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                Haha yeah, this will be the end…. until you ignite another huge shit storm 3 days from now.

Haven't you already "signed off for the offseason" once already? Or was that one of the posts you deleted out of embarrassment during your last temper tantrum?
                Honestly, it was an attempt to help clear clutter.

Most replies had quotes so people could read what was said.

But it will seriously be the end.

What is to dispute when everyone has a say and a decision is made? It is kind of the point.

Has anyone, myself included, gone back to complain about or reopen any made decision the league has come to an agreement on after a vote?

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  Honestly, it was an attempt to help clear clutter.

Most replies had quotes so people could read what was said.

But it will seriously be the end.

What is to dispute when everyone has a say and a decision is made? It is kind of the point.

Has anyone, myself included, gone back to complain about or reopen any made decision the league has come to an agreement on after a vote?
                  Clearing clutter. Gold.

How about a more proactive approach of refraining from writing pointless novels repeating the exact same thing but in a slightly different way again and again over issues that no one really seems to care about other than yourself.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                    Clearing clutter. Gold.

How about a more proactive approach of refraining from writing pointless novels repeating the exact same thing but in a slightly different way again and again over issues that no one really seems to care about other than yourself.
                    Well, one of the first replies was from Mack who actually agreed with the premise.

But you're not here right now to find resolutions right now. You're looking for a reaction that isn't going to happen.

You showed your motives when you attempted to black mail me over PM to stay in the league if I stepped down as a commissioner.

Then you took a personal swipe claiming I thought I was a genius for trading Ibaka for Gobert and signing DLeaguers (Clarkson has turned out great by the way and Warren and Capela are showing the promise I thought they would have - we will have to see if any follow through next year).

Then when attempting to start a money fantasy league you can in to that thread and started quite a bit of bullshit to the point I deleted it because, well, 1) it was too early to start looking at next year, 2) it was hardly a fresh start for a new venture.

**sidenote: does anyone know how to send money electronically anonymously? I can't find a way to send money without identity being rebealed**

Anyways, thank you Joey for putting up vote to end the matters - permanently.

Comment

• Here's my view on the whole thing.
                      I feel like everytime we've put something to a vote it leads to a conflict. Yet I've noticed whenever the commisioners establish a rule, there has been almost no complaints about the final result. Basically what I'm saying is, I think we have a good grasp as to what's best for the league. We've yet to do anything that I think should make you believe otherwise. So trust us that we will make the best decision for you. Also there have been times when we feel we haven't been able to make a decision by ourselves and have put it to a vote. But everyone voting on everything is tedious and unnecessary. Trust us. Any big changes should be decided by the league as a whole. But frankly I have no interest in putting dates up for a vote.

Comment

• Another thing. Matt, you preach democracy, but even in a democracy people really only vote on who's in charge. Then they express their concerns with those in charge and those in charge collectively make a decision. That's what were doing here. You can express your concerns and leave it to us to collectively decide what's best for everyone. The only thing were missing is people voting who's in charge and I doubt anyone would really vote against those currently running the league to be replaced by anyone else.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                          Here's my view on the whole thing.
                          I feel like everytime we've put something to a vote it leads to a conflict. Yet I've noticed whenever the commisioners establish a rule, there has been almost no complaints about the final result. Basically what I'm saying is, I think we have a good grasp as to what's best for the league. We've yet to do anything that I think should make you believe otherwise. So trust us that we will make the best decision for you. Also there have been times when we feel we haven't been able to make a decision by ourselves and have put it to a vote. But everyone voting on everything is tedious and unnecessary. Trust us. Any big changes should be decided by the league as a whole. But frankly I have no interest in putting dates up for a vote.
                          To be fair the conflict has come before the vote.

The conflict is what has lead to a vote.

So I assume you are a YAY?

Moving forward there is nothing to get upset about because the resolution process will have been determined by the league.

That is all I am looking for. I apologize I am unable to get to desired destination of resolution without the bullshit.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                            Another thing. Matt, you preach democracy, but even in a democracy people really only vote on who's in charge. Then they express their concerns with those in charge and those in charge collectively make a decision. That's what were doing here. You can express your concerns and leave it to us to collectively decide what's best for everyone. The only thing were missing is people voting who's in charge and I doubt anyone would really vote against those currently running the league to be replaced by anyone else.
                            That is the point.

So if you're not voting who is in charge at least vote how to resolve issues or conflicts... At least that is my opinion.

And no, I definitely don't want to see a change in commissioners. That has never been my goal.

Comment

• I do apologize if I missed something but I feel like you don't have much of a reason behind this. You're reasoning seems to be "we should all vote just because that's the way it should be."
                              If we haven't experienced any issues with the current system why tinker with it? Like I said I feel it's kind of tedious.

Comment

• OK, what's so important here that I needed to get pulled from the champagne room at the Brass Rail to tend to a reported post?

Comment

Working...
                                X