Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T. Ross. Still a better idea than Andre Drummond?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Maybe ross isn't what anyone expected. But there's no way he'll end up in Ed Davis territory. Ed was a backup big on a shitty lottery team. Ross is the starting sf for a playoff team, big difference.

I don't understand how half of you were saying last year that if ross weren't playing with dd, he would be a superstar because of the natural talent he had and the lack of talent dd had. And now say he will be struggling to find a spot on a team. wtf guys c'mon. He was never going to be a superstar but being a 3 & d guy like wesley Mathews was always an option and still is.

Everyone needs to chill
    uh you realize ed davis has played way more playoff minutes than ross has right?
    terrence ross is also a starter purely by default. clearly it didnt work out for us in the playoffs with him being our only main option there.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
      uh you realize ed davis has played way more playoff minutes than ross has right?
      terrence ross is also a starter purely by default. clearly it didnt work out for us in the playoffs with him being our only main option there.
      So your telling me in a league where a washed up Ben gordan is making up to 10 mill a year and goran Hayward is making max money, terrence won't be on a nba team.

And agin you need to chill. One bad playoff performance and subpar preseason isn't going to end this guys career. He still has a sweet stroke and can play solid defence. There is always a need for that in the league.

I don't understand the by default narrative, if it's because there's no one on the team better than him at playing position. Then jonas, demar lowry and Amir are all starters by default as well. And basically every other starter on the league as well
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

chico wrote: View Post
        No, my thoughts go a little deeper than some simplistic misinterpretation of what I said. You and Fully bosom buddies? Twist others' posts to fit your narrative? Priceless.

My opinion comes from watching him play, not stroking his................ rebounding stats, yeah that's it.
        right. because you deeming drummond as completely lacking 'team dna' based on the teams win total is not a 'simplistic misinterpretation' either.

Comment

So your telling me in a league where a washed up Ben gordan is making up to 10 mill a year and goran Hayward is making max money, terrence won't be on a nba team.

And agin you need to chill. One bad playoff performance and subpar preseason isn't going to end this guys career. He still has a sweet stroke and can play solid defence. There is always a need for that in the league.

I don't understand the by default narrative, if it's because there's no one on the team better than him at playing position. Then jonas, demar lowry and Amir are all starters by default as well. And basically every other starter on the league as well
          i didnt say anything about terrence ross being out of the league. but i dont see how 'ross being a starter on a playoff team' (lets face it, raptors haven't been a playoff team in years until now. and he certainly wasn't a big reason why we went there in the first place) vs ed davis being a 'back up on a shitty lottery team' has to do with anything. ed davis played well in memphis but didn't get any minutes obviously due to their deep front court. hes already considered a potential steal for the lakers.

and the default narrative comes from the fact that rudy gay clearly was the starter here and when he left, terrence inherited that role by default. at that time, we were definitely not considered a playoff team and was all about nurturing his growth. on what other playoff team would terrence ross (in his present state/skill level/talent) be considered a starter? not many if any.

Comment

LMAOOO. you got me for a second there buddy, i actually believed you for a second. Next time you wanna shit on the raptors, make sure your facts are correct and pulled out of your ass to support your point. Davis has played a combined 72 playoff minutes while ross has played 158.

i didnt say anything about terrence ross being out of the league. but i dont see how 'ross being a starter on a playoff team' (lets face it, raptors haven't been a playoff team in years until now. and he certainly wasn't a big reason why we went there in the first place) vs ed davis being a 'back up on a shitty lottery team' has to do with anything. ed davis played well in memphis but didn't get any minutes obviously due to their deep front court. hes already considered a potential steal for the lakers.

and the default narrative comes from the fact that rudy gay clearly was the starter here and when he left, terrence inherited that role by default. at that time, we were definitely not considered a playoff team and was all about nurturing his growth. on what other playoff team would terrence ross (in his present state/skill level/talent) be considered a starter? not many if any.
            For the first part, i was replying to someone saying terrence is heading in the direction of ed davis and could be out of the league soon

for the second part, I remember a solid amount of people wanting terrence to start over rudy because he was a chucker. I still dont understand the default thing, does that mean lowry was also given the default starting position since carderon was traded? And i can see terrence starting over dunleavy in chicago and even for sefolsha in OKC.

I still dont understand your point. other than the point your trying to make that the raps really arent that good, and that we should temper our expectations since this team will never make it past the first round. Got it! Respects
            Last edited by yabadabayolo; Sun Oct 26, 2014, 12:37 AM.
            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

LMAOOO. you got me for a second there buddy, i actually believed you for a second. Next time you wanna shit on the raptors, make sure your facts are correct. Davis has played a combined 72 playoff minutes while ross has played 158.
              oops you're right there. regardless, my last post still stands and explains the playoff nonsense deeper anyway.

and this has nothing to do with 'shitting on the raptors'.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                In games when T. Ross averaged 30-39 minutes (28 games), he averaged 15.5 ppg - 3.6 rpg - 1.3 apg on 47% FG and 44% 3pt.

Undoubtedly it has more to do with when Ross plays better, he gets minutes (rather than minutes improving his averages). But this is what he is capable off now when he plays to his actual skillset. This is what a good game from TRoss brings. His issue would be to do this consistently, every game (28 games out of 82 is not enough), and I hope we will see a little more of that form of consistency this season.

I wasn't impressed with his preseason, but Im excited to see what he brings this season.
                I'm also excited to see what he can bring this season. That said, quoting that stat doesn't make an argument for Ross over Drummond. Same requirements applied to last year for Drummond:

46 games, 14.7 PPG, 14.3 RPG, 1.7 BPG, 63% FG%.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Maybe ross isn't what anyone expected. But there's no way he'll end up in Ed Davis territory. Ed was a backup big on a shitty lottery team. Ross is the starting sf for a playoff team, big difference.

I don't understand how half of you were saying last year that if ross weren't playing with dd, he would be a superstar because of the natural talent he had and the lack of talent dd had. And now say he will be struggling to find a spot on a team. wtf guys c'mon. He was never going to be a superstar but being a 3 & d guy like wesley Mathews was always an option and still is.

Everyone needs to chill
                  if ross came off the bench would anyone care?

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                    if ross came off the bench would anyone care?
                    He struggled when he played off the bench. That's his problem. He even mentioned that when Rudy got traded he didn't have to worry about making mistakes because he knew he was gonna get minutes anyway. He's mentally weak.(we saw that in playoffs too) He needs minutes to produce but his production doesn't deserve those minutes. But he's 8th pick and franchise doesn't want to give up on 8th pick. Because it's investment. Whole season of losing for that 8th pick. We saw how long they tried with Bargnani. If he was late first round pick his ass would've been in D-League by now. Kevin Mchale and Rockets really wanted him. If he was with Rockets he would've been with Vipers chucking 3s.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

If Ross isn't showing consistency by the trade deadline I hope he is traded while he still has the potential label attached to him.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        If Ross isn't showing consistency by the trade deadline I hope he is traded while he still has the potential label attached to him.
                        Last year Masai said that he checked Ross' value around the league and wasn't impressed. So there's not that much potential label left in him. GMs are not that dumb anymore.
                        Last edited by MixxAOR; Sun Oct 26, 2014, 07:48 AM.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          Last year Masai said that he checked Ross' value around the league and wasn't impressed. So there's not that much potential label left in him. GMs are not that dumb anymore.
                          Damn.....

There has to be at least one though, right? Lol

Comment

Damn.....

well...it's Masai so maybe he can sweet talk somebody lmao

Comment

Damn.....

Bargnani got us 3 draft picks.

Maybe Masai COULD trade Ross straight up for Drummond...
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                                I'm also excited to see what he can bring this season. That said, quoting that stat doesn't make an argument for Ross over Drummond. Same requirements applied to last year for Drummond:

46 games, 14.7 PPG, 14.3 RPG, 1.7 BPG, 63% FG%.
                                I wasn't making a comparison, but if anything it shows that Drummond averaged way more minutes that Ross did last season. Im unimpressed with Drummonds blocks by the way, his per36 for blocks dropped a lot between his 2 seasons.
                                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                                X