Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T. Ross. Still a better idea than Andre Drummond?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    Bargnani got us 3 draft picks.

Maybe Masai COULD trade Ross straight up for Drummond...
    That is true.

I'm l

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
      I wasn't making a comparison, but if anything it shows that Drummond averaged way more minutes that Ross did last season. Im unimpressed with Drummonds blocks by the way, his per36 for blocks dropped a lot between his 2 seasons.
      And if they went up we'd hear that it's because Drummond was leaving his teammates out to dry by ignoring his responsibilities on D just to chase gaudy block numbers.

Comment

I don't think Masai will trade Ross this year.
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

This kind of reminds me of the conversation where people were saying they'd be happy to receive a 2nd Rounder for Demar...

Comment

I tend to think Ross' trade value is right in the middle. He's not a bad player (decent defense, can shoot the 3 reasonably well) and everybody knows that; he's got a lot of potential and everybody knows that; he's also having trouble realizing that potential and everybody knows that. He's not exactly a trade chip, but he's better value for most GMs than an expiring contract would be. No GM would be unhappy to get Ross in a trade.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
              This kind of reminds me of the conversation where people were saying they'd be happy to receive a 2nd Rounder for Demar...
              Are you comparing ross to DD???

Ross is a stiff.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                right. because you deeming drummond as completely lacking 'team dna' based on the teams win total is not a 'simplistic misinterpretation' either.
                I had thought I used the wrong word, misinterpretation, and it would have been more appropriate to say misrepresentation. But now I wonder if it wasn't purposeful after all, and there's just a reading comprehension, and/or attention deficit, problem. Once again, that simplistic twist doesn't come close to representing what my posts state. I look at some of your other posts, and it would seem likely that this is purposeful misrepresentation, to try and poke me, is your shtick here. hahahahahahave fun with that, but get better if we're going to have fun.

Comment

Re whether Ross has a lackadaisical attitude my own impression is that this may come across in his interviews where he appears "trying" to be uber cool in his answers. On the floor he is what he is I believe. By now I believe MU and Casey have a good tagteam relationship going as far as motivating the player group. If the attitude creeps into his play then MU will have a sit down (might already have had this off season) with him ala the Lowry one. This is the year though for him to show real value but he needs to get his nose dirty (not shy from contact). I remember DD had this affliction too but has overcome it.

Comment

Players don't decide where/when they get selected in the draft so, why blame them for not meeting inflated expectations? If Ross had been selected in the second round you'd be hailing him as a Parsons-like steal. #anthonybennett

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                      Re whether Ross has a lackadaisical attitude my own impression is that this may come across in his interviews where he appears "trying" to be uber cool in his answers. On the floor he is what he is I believe. By now I believe MU and Casey have a good tagteam relationship going as far as motivating the player group. If the attitude creeps into his play then MU will have a sit down (might already have had this off season) with him ala the Lowry one. This is the year though for him to show real value but he needs to get his nose dirty (not shy from contact). I remember DD had this affliction too but has overcome it.
                      If Ross played defense with that "fuck you" attitude like Tony Allen. Boy would that be a sight to see.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Drummond has superstar potential. But I'm not sure he has championship potential. It's really hard to build a championship team around a guy like Drummond. Probably he's going to be a max contract player (whatever that means under the next CBA). But teams built around big, high rebounding, poor shooting Cs don't have a history of doing particularly well in the playoffs. I think solid fundamental bigs (good shooting, good post and help defense, good positional rebounding) have much more championship usefulness. Guys like Duncan, Garnett, Bosh, Gasol, Nowitzki/Chandler... if you want a template big to build a championship team around, those are the guys you want. And to me, it makes zero sense to bring in a max contract guy if you don't see him as a major championship piece.

On the other hand, 3 & D wing guys are pretty-much a fundamental asset for teams with championship aspirations. No, they aren't the guys you build a team around, but they're still extremely valuable. And Ross isn't all the way there as a 3 and D guy, but that's his best-case scenario. Straight up? Yeah, he's not as good a player as Drummond and probably won't be. But I liked the pick a lot when we made it, and I still see Ross being a big part of this team going forward.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          Last year Masai said that he checked Ross' value around the league and wasn't impressed. So there's not that much potential label left in him. GMs are not that dumb anymore.
                          What? Really? Can you tell me where he said that, because that seems like a very uncharacteristic thing for him to say.

But understandable, I guess, considering Ross turns 24 in about three months.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                            LMAOOO. you got me for a second there buddy, i actually believed you for a second. Next time you wanna shit on the raptors, make sure your facts are correct and pulled out of your ass to support your point. Davis has played a combined 72 playoff minutes while ross has played 158.

For the first part, i was replying to someone saying terrence is heading in the direction of ed davis and could be out of the league soon

for the second part, I remember a solid amount of people wanting terrence to start over rudy because he was a chucker. I still dont understand the default thing, does that mean lowry was also given the default starting position since carderon was traded? And i can see terrence starting over dunleavy in chicago and even for sefolsha in OKC.

I still dont understand your point. other than the point your trying to make that the raps really arent that good, and that we should temper our expectations since this team will never make it past the first round. Got it! Respects
                            It seems like iblastoff has been trying to make that point all summer lol. I've been saying he's a completely different man since we lost in the first round. He was so uberly positive before that. Anytime I said something negative he would get at me, now it seems anytime someone has something positive to say or gets overly excited about our team, he has to say something to bring them down a notch. All summer he's been a lot more cautious and always playing devil's advocate. I don't have a problem with that because we should be cautious but it still shocks me lol. And I know this comment is probably going to piss him off so I've prepared myself for a good cussing LMAO.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• But I'm with the person who said terrence ross has been a disappointment. He's still young and I'm not giving up on him for the future but I think I'm giving up on expecting improvement from him THIS season. The reason being, he just doesn't seem improved at anything. His 3 point shot is inconsistent and he cannot drive to the basket and when he does he avoids contact. All he's doing now is taking more shots and taking horrible shots. He's taken soooo many shots with a hand in his face. The coaches really need to take away whatever green light they have given him. That God's he's a good decent defender or else he would be worthless.
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                                Drummond has superstar potential. But I'm not sure he has championship potential. It's really hard to build a championship team around a guy like Drummond. Probably he's going to be a max contract player (whatever that means under the next CBA). But teams built around big, high rebounding, poor shooting Cs don't have a history of doing particularly well in the playoffs. I think solid fundamental bigs (good shooting, good post and help defense, good positional rebounding) have much more championship usefulness. Guys like Duncan, Garnett, Bosh, Gasol, Nowitzki/Chandler... if you want a template big to build a championship team around, those are the guys you want. And to me, it makes zero sense to bring in a max contract guy if you don't see him as a major championship piece.

On the other hand, 3 & D wing guys are pretty-much a fundamental asset for teams with championship aspirations. No, they aren't the guys you build a team around, but they're still extremely valuable. And Ross isn't all the way there as a 3 and D guy, but that's his best-case scenario. Straight up? Yeah, he's not as good a player as Drummond and probably won't be. But I liked the pick a lot when we made it, and I still see Ross being a big part of this team going forward.
                                I dunno. Shaq's teams seemed to do pretty well, Ben Wallace won a championship and made it to another Finals and Dwight Howard took a bad team in Orlando all the way to the final round too… and that's within the last 10 years or so.

Pretty much all of the "You can't build around such and such a player" claims can be disproven if you do a little digging. It really comes down to how they compliment the other top players on the team, how the team's role players fit in, the style they play, who they're coached by, etc. Saying that you're not going to be able to be a good team with Drummond around is just so silly, especially when he just turned 21 and hasn't reached anywhere close to his ceiling.
                                Last edited by Fully; Sun Oct 26, 2014, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X