Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T. Ross. Still a better idea than Andre Drummond?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T. Ross. Still a better idea than Andre Drummond?

I have long been a very vocal opposition to the Terrence Ross pick over Drummond. Time and time again you get a debate on this with Ross fans, of which i try to be one of, but the debate is always pretty lame.

I'm gonna go ahead and say it again for fun, the Raptors made a huge mistake choosing Ross over Drummond. Ross isn't going to be an impact player in the NBA. Drummond already is.

Thoughts?

Superjudge wrote: View Post
    I have long been a very vocal opposition to the Terrence Ross pick over Drummond. Time and time again you get a debate on this with Ross fans, of which i try to be one of, but the debate is always pretty lame.

I'm gonna go ahead and say it again for fun, the Raptors made a huge mistake choosing Ross over Drummond. Ross isn't going to be an impact player in the NBA. Drummond already is.

Thoughts?
    its not just Raptors.. 7 other team that picked ahead of Pistons made a huge mistake. I am just glad we didnt end up having to pick Thomas Robinson. Ross wasn't the right pick at that time but he is not a bad pick. I am happy with the outcome with a lil regret.

Comment

I think you're so right. . I agree 100 % Ross hasn't done shit to prove anything. He's just a glorified dunking goof. Good for nothing. Fluke 3 point shooter. And besides any dummy can score 51, especially against the lowly clippers.

Drummond basketball IQ alone is enough reason to draft him.

(Nothing I said in this post is true)
      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
      Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
        I think you're so right. . I agree 100 % Ross hasn't done shit to prove anything. He's just a glorified dunking goof. Good for nothing. Fluke 3 point shooter. And besides any dummy can score 51, especially against the lowly clippers.

Drummond basketball IQ alone is enough reason to draft him.

(Nothing I said in this post is true)
        You scared me for a second man...
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Drummond would have been the right pick even if he busted. The Raptors needed to shoot for the moon with that pick, and they went safe, with what projects to be a role player. Now, I like Ross and think he could be a solid starter if he keeps improving, but there's no debate to be had here. Drummond's best case is Shaq. Ross' best case is what, Ray Allen? And I think Drummond's got a better chance of hitting his ceiling than Ross, given what they've shown so far.

That said, not much point in debating it again. Ross is who we've got. And I look forward to him having a great third season here, hopefully stepping up to be the consistent contributor we need him to be.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            Drummond would have been the right pick even if he busted. The Raptors needed to shoot for the moon with that pick, and they went safe, with what projects to be a role player. Now, I like Ross and think he could be a solid starter if he keeps improving, but there's no debate to be had here. Drummond's best case is Shaq. Ross' best case is what, Ray Allen? And I think Drummond's got a better chance of hitting his ceiling than Ross, given what they've shown so far.

That said, not much point in debating it again. Ross is who we've got. And I look forward to him having a great third season here, hopefully stepping up to be the consistent contributor we need him to be.
            Accelerated rebuild memories on the bold.

Drummond was the right pick.

Based on what I've seen of Drummond, I'd rather have JV (Drummond puts up eye popping stats but I'm not convinced he is a winner). However when you actually follow through on the stacking principals Colangelo spewed, Drummond would have been one hell of a trade chip.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post

Thoughts?
              Sure it was a big mistake, but that ship has sailed. The guy who made the mistake got tossed overboard, so what more do you want?

Comment

I'd rather have Drummond obviously but it's not like we can go in time and slap colangelo in the head and make him choose Drummond and that ship has sailed
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Give Ross more time, then re-evaluate. Ross has the tools to be great
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    Give Ross more time, then re-evaluate. Ross has the tools to be great
                    I think he has the potential to be too.

He's a kid, he didn't understand the work ethic required to be great, or maybe he didn't think he could be. DD taking him under his wing and his willingness to do it shows me a couple things:

1. DD is maturing into a solid veteran and leader on this team. His commitment to improvement now goes beyond himself. Ross improving will help DD to be sure, so his 23PPG might come a little easier if Ross is a threat. Which in turn makes this team that much better.

2. Ross has done a lot of growing up. Remember the reports about Masai having talks with Ross about his sleep patterns? How many of us struggled developing the right habits to be successful at work? Now how many of us had to do it with millions of people watching/doubting/hoping and with millions of dollars on the line. He's 23.

3. Ross has more confidence, and winning had a lot to do with it. Being a contributing member to a winning team at such a young age must mean a ton to a guy like Ross. Now that's he's got a taste he hopefully wants more, which bodes well for the raps going forward.

4. Lots of people pick JV for a break out, I think he's a year or 2 away still from becoming a dominating post presence. Ross in my opinion has the better and more likely shot at it.

5. Ross will posterize Dummond (no that's not a typo) this year.
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

Lol, last everyone was raving how t ross had superstar potential. I remember getting into arguments with people saying his potential is leaps and bounds above dd.

And to drummund, he would have been a bust on the raps. He was playing behind a Jv, bargnani, Davis, and Johnson front court.and you know how Casey is with rooks. He would never play.
                      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

YES. Picking Ross over Drummond was still the right move.

People need to understand, there were a lot of questions marks around Drummond during the draft. Plus, the Raptors already have a good young big prospect in JV. Drafting another big man like Drummond who's a project would not make any sense. Unless you think he's the second coming. But like i said there were a lot of question marks around him during the draft/

The Raptors are not the only team that passed on Drummond.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                          YES. Picking Ross over Drummond was still the right move.

People need to understand, there were a lot of questions marks around Drummond during the draft. Plus, the Raptors already have a good young big prospect in JV. Drafting another big man like Drummond who's a project would not make any sense. Unless you think he's the second coming. But like i said there were a lot of question marks around him during the draft/

The Raptors are not the only team that passed on Drummond.
                          The Raptors are not the only team to make the mistake of passing on Drummond. That does not mean it wasn't a mistake.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

You can't blame Colangelo for taking Ross.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

This is such a silly exercise in Hindsight, it offers nothing constructive to the conversation.

Conversations like this can be had every single year, for 30 different teams. That's the draft!

And to say Ross was a "safe" pick seems ridiculous to me. Ross has the physical tools, and talent, to be GREAT. Obviously work ethic plays a big role in that, but there is not one trait that Ross possesses that would indicate he has nothing but potential to be great. If he puts it together.

Drummond can rebound like crazy though.

Comment

Working...
                              X